Too Soon!!! Too Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 kittens, they are so tiny....I rushed home so see the second born. They are breathing but how tiny are htey supposed to be????

She is at day 55!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Oh I hope they are going to be ok. I had a very tiny kitten and she weighed (I think) only 5 grams. She was so hard to keep alive, but mom was very good and took care of her too. But, I had to supplement and also just stayed with her while she ate keeping the other kittens away so they didn't kick her off. She is going to be a year old soon. So they may be ok, it is a little early I hope not too early. Good luck and let me (us) know.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear...tons of good vibes and prayers. I have little experience with this, but i'm sure someone will be along shortly to help. How's mom handling things?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's wonderful. She ate both placentas. I had intended on cutting the cord but she took care of that (one was a little short). They aren't suckling, how long does it take for them to figure it out?

I was going to get supplies this weekend. I just sent Chris out to get a scale and some KMR formula.

So far it seems she's taking a break. They are 2 gorgeous brown spotted babies. The first was a girl and the second is a well endowed boy. Is it normal for them to poop right off? The girl had a very large poop first thing.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

She's wonderful. She ate both placentas. I had intended on cutting the cord but she took care of that (one was a little short). They aren't suckling, how long does it take for them to figure it out?

I was going to get supplies this weekend. I just sent Chris out to get a scale and some KMR formula.

So far it seems she's taking a break. They are 2 gorgeous brown spotted babies. The first was a girl and the second is a well endowed boy. Is it normal for them to poop right off? The girl had a very large poop first thing.
If mine ever pooped right off, mom took care of it before I ever saw it, but im sure that is mabey even a good sign that she did poop, (you know that end is functioning) but, if it isn't normal some one will say so.
They sound beautiful, can't wait for pictures!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just called Jennie (my mentor) and she said it all sounds normal. She said as long as they have fur things will probably be ok. I forgot about pictures!!!

My fiance came back with a scale and I'm not sure how to use it. 2oz and 2.5oz does that sound right?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have no answers for you, I just wanted to say good luck
You are at the best place for answers

Yes, pictures please when you get a chance

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

I just called Jennie (my mentor) and she said it all sounds normal. She said as long as they have fur things will probably be ok. I forgot about pictures!!!

My fiance came back with a scale and I'm not sure how to use it. 2oz and 2.5oz does that sound right?
Oh, I never thought about that, having fur. My little angel, (the little one that the vet even wasn't hopeful of her surviving) had very little fur, her legs and end of her tail had no fur on it at all. especially the underneth or insides (insides of her legs) the underneth of her tail was almost completely bare and her ears had nothing too. she did pull through though, suprised us all, even the vet. when I brought the litter in for their 6 week shots they showed her off all over the building and brought her in to the vet that had seen her at 10 hrs old and said not to be surprised if she didn't make it.
They will be fine

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These guys have a very distinct pattern (pretty), no fur on legs, tail, and little on belly. She said thats ok as long as the most of the body has fur. The girl nursed a little. The boy hasn't yet, though he is squeakier.

I forgot to say the boy came out feet first but it only took a few pushes for him to come out (yay!).

She most certainly still has more. But she needed a break. She's soooo happy! She rubs her head into the babies and into me and purring like crazy.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad they are doing good, mine hadn't eatten for about 10 hrs and I rushed her to the vet and she was dehydrated. They gave her fluids and I got her to take some krm and when I got home with her expecting to be full time mom her mother came and took her right out of the box I had her in and brought her in with her and the other kittens and took right over. They sound a lot like that kitten so I bet they will do fine! How many more do you think she's holding?

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fur is a good sign - usually preemies are pretty much bald.

They should figure out the suckling thing pretty quickly - usually it's almost immediate. If they haven't eaten and it's been a few hours, try rubbing some Karo syrup on their gums to give their blood sugar a little boost and hopefully get them jump started.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She most certainly still has more. But she needed a break. She's soooo happy! She rubs her head into the babies and into me and purring like crazy.[/quote]

OMG I almost cried reading that! I'm so glad Meeka is doing well
I'm sure everything will work out fine! I knew Meeka would be a great Mom

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulation!!! Sending {{{{{Healthy Mom & Baby Vibes}}}}}. Keep us posted and good luick!

aries

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is this Meeka that is delivering? I think that I saw her maternity picture on another post. Very beautiful. I pray that they are all fine.

I love baby kittens. Cat just had six on my porch over the weekend. Long Story and not my cat but they are still adorable.

They were all completely furry. One did present as a breach and I had to help her to delivery. She was confused and cleaned the wrong end. I had to get the gunk off his little face so he could breath. Might be better to not do anything though if you don't have any experience with delivering. The mother will usually figure it out. I just grew up on a farm delivering all manner of animals from mice to cows and knew what to do. EMS training didn't hurt either.

Best of wishes for you, the new mother, and all her babies. Congratulations!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the comments! Yes this is Meeka's babies. So far she's being a great mom!
As far as how many more? I could feel kicking so I know theres more but thats about it! The poll from people thinks 5 kittens, we'll see whose right

Status
Not open for further replies.