Too much wrestling

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
another tomorrow, in a couple of the bathrooms through the house. Even so we have incidents in the corners of rooms. I think it is more about marking than
The male kitten still likes to wrestle but only does so with the two kittens so far. The second kitten still doesn't like to wrestle but would rather play tag. The third kitten, and smallest, likes to wrestle as long as it isn't too strong.

The older cat is hissing less at the kittens now. Hopefully she will start to feel good enough about the other kittens to go back to using the litter box. As it stands it is a daily game finding where she peed and cleaning it up. Thank god for the Amazon Enzyme cleaner.
Giving your elder cat a few hours alone a day might be beneficial. Something to do or some special playtime alone with you. It can be jealousy as well.

Feliway multicat plug in has been amazing here. Nobel hisses at Calcifer but is frequently found to be grooming and playing with him. My wife says the hissing happens only when I'm home. I could tell something was up because Cal is not afraid of him and frequently seeks him out for affection....meaning he's got to be providing it at some point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smbsocal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: The male kitten (kitten 1) has calmed down a little. He doesn't harass our old cat and only tries to wrestle with the Bengal (kitten 2) once and a while. The tortoise shell kitten (kitten 3) is still half his size but they are always running around the house and wrestling. When he isn't wrestling with her she is trying to play with kitten 2 but doesn't force the issue.

In the end adding an additional kitten worked but the additional kitten had to have a compatible personality.

The old cat and male kitten are the culprits for the peeing outside of the litter boxes. We are up to 10 litter boxes now so more than enough places for them to go.

Aluminum foil worked well to put in the popular pee corners until kitten 3 learned to love the sound crinkling aluminum makes so now aluminum foil on the ground doesn't last long.

None of the cats hiss at each other anymore unless they do something to upset each other (stealing treats, wrestling when trying to sleep, etc).