Today My Cat....

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie is not my cat actually. He is a cat belonging to another member. His mom and Artie have become so special to this forum that many of us are feeling the loss as if Artie were our own kitty. Many of us have been following Artie's journey for a while and have come to love him and his mommy as a member of our own family. Having to say goodbye to him yesterday hit many of us hard emotionally.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats pick up on our emotions so well. I have been tearing up since learning of Artie’s passing. My Casey jumped in my lap on the couch and started kneading on me. He has been by my side the rest of the day. I started crying when I posted and he licked my face earlier. He has never groomed my face before.
Some "experts" believe cats are more sensitive than humans. I KNOW most cats are more sensitive than most, if not all, humans, having been born into a family "with cat" and living with cats all my life. I could write volumes on the love, comfort, empathy and sympathy I have received from many cats when I have been in grief, sickness or sadness. We KNOW they understand. Cindy has closed Artie's thread and has not yet posted on the "Crossing the Bridge" forum, which I think she may in time. I can't stop thinking of how it must have felt, coming into that empty apartment after the journey, seeing his things there and knowing he would never use them again. Having a multi-cat family, I feel each loss like a kick to the heart, but I always know I have more beloved ones here who need me to get up off it and care for them, and even when I feel like joining my beloveds who have crossed already, I pick myself up because I'm needed HERE. She doesn't have that now. I pray she will be able to endure this period and hopefully in time, think about sharing the love with another deserving cat.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have a muti-cat home so I understand what you mean. I know there are some members who have been in direct contact with Cindy throughout this journey. They will continue to keep in touch with her personally. She has people reaching out to her even though we do not see it publically.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have a muti-cat home so I understand what you mean. I know there are some members who have been in direct contact with Cindy throughout this journey. They will continue to keep in touch with her personally. She has people reaching out to her even though we do not see it publically.
Yes, that does give me comfort and I pray it will her as well. Also it was surprising and heartening that her cousin and wife came through for her in her time of need. I'm sure we're all grateful to them. That's what people are supposed to do, but a lot of people do not have relatives or friends to help.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shade proved it today. I have high blood pressure and I got stressed out while working on my lawn mower so when I came inside to take a break, he greeted me at the door then got into my lap to love on me.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He calmed me down by making me focus on him and his purring (sounds like a chainsaw) while he headbutted my chin then nibbled on one of my fingers, softly without trying to hurt me.
The purring is so therapeutic! and the warmth, softness and sweetness of cats increases our wellbeing, strenthens our hearts, makes us happier and healthier people! :cloud9::petcat: