Today My Cat....

bluebirdy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Climbed into the dish cabinet and pushed every drinking glass off the shelf. I came home to broken glass from one side of the kitchen to the other. Cleaned up and checked both cats paws for any glass pieces. I think they were trying to get at the cat treats that were on the top shelf, and likely dropped one of by mistake, then decided it was kind of fun to watch them all smash. Guess I'll be making sure I close the cabinet doors from now on. *sigh*

What mischief did your cats get into today?

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh. Dear.

I have nothing helpful to add, but I can't even fathom coming home to that! The worst I have ever come home to is one of my christmas cactuses knocked off the shelf onto the floor, with a tiny bit of dirt scattered around. Nothing at all like what you had.

Cheese decided to make a bolt for the door this afternoon when I came back inside, but had the door unceremoniously shut in her face. To make up for it, however, she got to play with a paper bag I brought home from the grocery store. Then she napped all afternoon. Not very mischevious.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep antique glass plates and vases on top of my cabinets. Selene started going up there, and one day managed to knock off a plate dating from the early 1900s. It *just* missed my head and shattered on the counter. I'm still finding tiny shards on the other side of the room.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not had anything like that happen, bluebirdy bluebirdy ! Glassware doesn't stand a chance against a determined kitty! :biggrin:

To keep Diamond off the cutting board table, I put stools in the kitchen for Diamond to sit on and watch me cook. Today, Diamond decided that even though he was restricted to the stools, it would be OK to walk over the table to get from one stool to another. Kinda cute in a cat logic sort of way. :rolleyes: Defeated the purpose of the stool, though.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Toby knows how to open cabinets...kitchen cabinets...bathroom cabinets...I thought my q-tips would be safe in the cabinet I have attached to the wall because it has a magnetic strip that you use to close it..i was wrong...he figured that out too :doh::headscratch:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat pushed at glass into the sink once and it broke, but that was easy to clean up because it was in the sink. Strangely they like to push around the plastic cups and don't tend to bother the glassware.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope! never had a cat that pushed glass of a shelf! LOL
What a mess! Thankfully kitty didn't get cut.

I once had a very muscular black cat that loved to open up cabinets and tear off sheet rock off the wall. Don't ask me how he figured out how to tear off sheet rock but he did. He would start off making a pin hole in a wall, then keep picking on it until he could tear off sheets of wall.

Once he figured out how to open cabinets I had to lock up the bag of kibble so he didn't drag it out of the cabinet onto the floor. The bags I bought were 20 lb bags! He could drag that and tear open a new bag with no problem. He blew me away with his antics!

But one morning after I woke up and went down to the kitchen I saw that the refridgerater door was wide open. On the floor was the macaroni, cheese, and ham casserole I had refridgerated the night before. He had opened the regridgerater sometime during the night, dragged out the casserole until it plopped onto the floor, uncovered the foil wrap, and helped himself. This was not a small casserole either but a large heavy one I had made for an office lunch party.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Think the worst things mine did so far as only year old Is break the louvre blinds.
Had to remove tissues though as Zeus likes to pull them out of tissue box n eat them
I never even thought about that but the two them forced me to replace 4 blinds so far due to them breaking off the louvre's on them.

Attachments

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday night we were watching TV upstairs and all our 3 cats were out of sight. I thought they were sleeping downstairs. Then I heard a noise like something fell down, I went to the downstairs. When I entered the kitchen I found a cabinet opened and the staff inside is on the floor (thankfully it was only packed/canned food).

It was the first time they managed to open the cabinet door. Now, I am sure it won't be the last :lol:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today my cat, Elvis, has been very loving and patient with me, considering. He knows my state of mind. I am heartbroken because @artiemom's little Artie has gone to the Bridge. Many of us here are.
Cats pick up on our emotions so well. I have been tearing up since learning of Artie’s passing. My Casey jumped in my lap on the couch and started kneading on me. He has been by my side the rest of the day. I started crying when I posted and he licked my face earlier. He has never groomed my face before.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats pick up on our emotions so well. I have been tearing up since learning of Artie’s passing. My Casey jumped in my lap on the couch and started kneading on me. He has been by my side the rest of the day. I started crying when I posted and he licked my face earlier. He has never groomed my face before.
That is so sweet! Sorry to hear about your Artie passing. How is Casey taking it? Sounds like he is the one soothing you!