Today Is Exactly One Month....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone.... still have my 'moments' and hours... I periodically have 'meltdowns'.. they come out of the blue... especially when I am missing Artie- a ton...

Had a couple big meltdowns this past week...

I am doing a bit better.

I was able to print up some pictures, put them in frames... a couple of 8 x 10 and
4 x 6...
I think I need at least one more.

Monday, I was using the Swiffer in the great room, suddenly, I found a sponge ball of Artie's.... It must have been behind the couch. I have moved the couch several times, to clean, yet I never saw it.. It just came out of the blue... Weird....very weird...

I can now use the Swiffer Wet, since I do not have a pet. I stopped using it when I discovered it was toxic to pets. I switched to a steamer... but sometimes you just need the extra cleaning... and I have been using both the wet and dry Swiffers a ton...

I think I am done finding extraneous pieces of fur and litter. Having a lot of extra time on my hands is making my apartment cleaner. sigh...
did windows today... finally got the 'smoothies' off the windows.. so, very slowly, all evidence of Artie is disappearing.

I went back to volunteering, as a fill-in with the shelter. Of course, I have gone up there in-between shifts, just to have a kitty fix.. I always end up crying when I do that. The kitties and the volunteers seem to understand.

I was asked if I wanted a permanent shift; or if it was too early? I thought about it; deciding to try out the permanent shift. It is on on alternate Sundays, from 2-4pm, a cleaning and feeding shift. It is pretty flexible.. I have to be out of there by 7pm... so I can go in late if I want.

Not having it every Sunday is good.

Sundays will be my busy day. I am up early for Church, help them out at church, then I will be going in the PetSmart for the shelter/rescue/humane society.

Because I am up so early for 7:30AM Mass, Sundays are the longest and loneliest day of the week for me. By having this shift, it may help, a bit.....

I am back to reading. I am on my third book.. Still miss the cuddling... and all that was Artie... as I write about him, I am tearing up... but... life does go on...

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday, I was using the Swiffer in the great room, suddenly, I found a sponge ball of Artie's.... It must have been behind the couch. I have moved the couch several times, to clean, yet I never saw it.. It just came out of the blue... Weird....very weird...
Sponge balls are used in some magic tricks. Since you never saw the ball when cleaning before, it must have been a magic trick that Artie was showing you. I don't want to make you sad with these words, I want to make you smile if only for a little while today.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had the same thought as debbila debbila , actually. You posted on another thread that you hadn't noticed Artie contacting you. Perhaps he has, you missed it, and he went on to something bigger, something that said, "HEY, I'm here, and I'm playing and loving this new and very different life! I LOVE YOU!"

The kitties and the volunteers seem to understand.
Of course they do. And they are happy to be part of your slow healing process.

I thought of you last night as the fireworks were going off.

HUGS