Toby Has Eaten A Button

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi About half an hour ago Toby the cat ate my shirt button, do you think this will pass or is this a vet job, I'm for leaving it a few days but the GF is for taking him to the expensive emergency vet now.

On a separate issue he appears to have crooked teeth and sees ghosts smug.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Depends on the size and material the button was made of. Also if there were any strings still attached when he ate it. Best move is to send a photo of a similar button to your vet and see what they say about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Depends on the size and material the button was made of. Also if there were any strings still attached when he ate it. Best move is to send a photo of a similar button to your vet and see what they say about it.
That's a good idea sending a email to the vet. The trouble is he has got into the habit of sucking my shirt and purring each evening

I'm no expert but his teeth look somewhat crooked and chaotic Please see below I caught him in mid yawn yawn.JPG

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ If it's a smooth, round plastic button it likely will pass . Make sure he eats something wet and perhaps a little olive oil will help it along . Check the litter box for evidence .. . :lovecat2:

Hugospal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lots of stuff they eat that they shouldn't will pass. I would call the vet but not necessarily rush there because there's still a good chance it will come out one end or the other.

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The teeth look normal to me. You can reference this: Your Cat's Teeth

You can ask the vet about your cat's teeth the next time you take your cat in for a check up.
If he passes the button I will get the vet nurse to come here and look at his teeth there is definitely something going on with them because when he chews on his toys there is blood

Hugospal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If he passes the button I will get the vet nurse to come here and look at his teeth there is definitely something going on with them because when he chews on his toys there is blood
My kitty Ferro looks a lot like your cat! I think maybe your baby is just losing some kitten teeth (some of those teeth in the pic still look kitteny). When Ferro was a kitten, his mouth would bleed when playing with toys. My then boyfriend was playing with him and one of his teeth came out and was stuck in the mouse toy. Then boyfriend called me at work panicking like "WILL IT GROW BACK?" but it ended up he was just teething.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is about 5 and half months and grown up size now
At 5 1/2 months, he would be teething. It is normal for his teeth to look a little funny at times while he loses his baby teeth and gets his adult teeth. He is not yet full grown at this age; he will keep on growing for a while, too.

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The button popped out this morning it took 3 blow outs to shift it but it's no longer a problem now.

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At 5 1/2 months, he would be teething. It is normal for his teeth to look a little funny at times while he loses his baby teeth and gets his adult teeth. He is not yet full grown at this age; he will keep on growing for a while, too.
I was blissfully ignorant about his new teeth, hopefully they will sort themselves out soon they are forcing him back onto the soft pasty food he had when he was weaning He needs to fill out more not grow more he is really quite skinny

skinny.jpg

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi About half an hour ago Toby the cat ate my shirt button, do you think this will pass or is this a vet job, I'm for leaving it a few days but the GF is for taking him to the expensive emergency vet now.

On a separate issue he appears to have crooked teeth and sees ghostsView attachment 231142
What kinds of ghosts?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was blissfully ignorant about his new teeth, hopefully they will sort themselves out soon they are forcing him back onto the soft pasty food he had when he was weaning He needs to fill out more not grow more he is really quite skinny

View attachment 231612
Both growing more and filling out more are what kittens need to do best! (besides playing and socializing)

Kittens need and eat a lot of kcal per day -- how much are you feeding him?
:whiskers: :goldstar:

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What kinds of ghosts?
It's true I don't know how else to explain it, he occasionally stares at a corner of the room and slowly fluffs up his fur and hisses at nothing and makes a run for his safe spot

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both growing more and filling out more are what kittens need to do best! (besides playing and socializing)

Kittens need and eat a lot of kcal per day -- how much are you feeding him?
:whiskers: :goldstar:
He on four little 85g tins of expensive paste per day and cat biscuits are out all day, he don't eat the biscuits much because of his teeth or if he does he swallows them whole.

It's just in a certain light you can see his ribs I'm sure that's not right and other cat owner have not seen such a lanky skinny kitten.

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's true I don't know how else to explain it, he occasionally stares at a corner of the room and slowly fluffs up his fur and hisses at nothing and makes a run for his safe spot
Has anyone been in that corner like a pet or a human with lingering smell?

Attachments