Toby Has Eaten A Button

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone been in that corner like a pet or a human with lingering smell?
I don't think so, I think he is matrixing (seeing patterns or things in regular objects)

I do have another unproven theory, there is a electrical box outside that happens to be on the other side of wall he stares at. Next time it happens I'll go outside and check out the box to see if its faulty and making noises I can't hear from inside.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
there is a electrical box outside that happens to be on the other side of wall he stares at. Next time it happens I'll go outside and check out the box to see if its faulty and making noises I can't hear from inside.
Yeah, I'm thinking this.

Anyway, perhaps he's going to be a lean lanky cat but in any case, he will be considered a kitten until a year old or so. During his kitten stage he needs to eat as much as he'll consume. I don't know where you're located but could you add some Fancy Feast or other canned food to his regimen?

Also, raw egg yolk once or twice a week (the white must be cooked) freeze dried minnows and other freeze dried foods, unflavored gelatin, mackerel, parmeson or shredded cheddar cheese, or tuna/tuna juice are all things that can help promote eating more and weight gain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm thinking this.

Anyway, perhaps he's going to be a lean lanky cat but in any case, he will be considered a kitten until a year old or so. During his kitten stage he needs to eat as much as he'll consume. I don't know where you're located but could you add some Fancy Feast or other canned food to his regimen?

Also, raw egg yolk once or twice a week (the white must be cooked) freeze dried minnows and other freeze dried foods, unflavored gelatin, mackerel, parmeson or shredded cheddar cheese, or tuna/tuna juice are all things that can help promote eating more and weight gain.
OkI'll try some of those.
Maybe I'm paranoid, but I do feel with his body shape there is going to be future health issues. I've already had him up the vet because he breathes though his mouth after running around after the lazor light and the vet was like oh well never mind stop playing when he starts breathing through mouth then.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think so, I think he is matrixing (seeing patterns or things in regular objects)

I do have another unproven theory, there is a electrical box outside that happens to be on the other side of wall he stares at. Next time it happens I'll go outside and check out the box to see if its faulty and making noises I can't hear from inside.
Checking the electrical box may be a good thing. A few years ago our cats suddenly became interested in one of our surge protector power strips. When I got down on the floor to see what they were looking at I heard a hiss/hum coming from the power strip that was NOT normal. I replaced it and the cats immediately went back to ignoring it. They alerted me to a potentially dangerous situation.