Tnr Sos In Gilbert, Sc!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JoyM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m still trying. I contacted about a dozen possible resources. So far 5 have responded that they couldn’t help. I’m still hopeful. There are another 4 I just found out about that I will be emailing today.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m still trying. I contacted about a dozen possible resources. So far 5 have responded that they couldn’t help. I’m still hopeful. There are another 4 I just found out about that I will be emailing today.
*PRAYERS* for there to be a good and positive response very soon. I know it can be frustrating and exhausting, but thank you for keeping up the search. They are so worth it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for the crowdfunding, I have found a great one called waggle.org. It’s specifically for pet campaigns and 100% of the profits go straight to the vet/clinic. I have sent that information to her but it will take a little time to get it together. I certainly don’t mind helping her get the word out when she does get the campaign up. They require an invoice from the vet/clinic and lots of information so their writers can create a nice page for her to share. They pay the vet/clinic directly so donors know all the money goes where it’s supposed to and waggle.org posts follow ups on the animals too. I didn’t know about them until I started searching for help for her.
I see signs for fundraising dinners for churches or schools at least once a month. With her being an individual, it will be difficult to get the word out and get enough donors but we could try. The last poker run in the area didn’t do well.
I haven’t tried Fix Nation or Best Friends Catnippers yet but I will try to reach them today. So far I haven’t heard much back from the ones I have contacted unless it was to say they couldn’t help. I’m still hopeful!
If she is on social media, strongly suggest she share on there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JoyM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is your campaign to help get funding for those cats doing? I have checked out Waggle and it looks promising. Please keep us updated! :cheerleader::heartshape:
I have reached out to over 20 programs/groups/grants without much luck. I did get an email to call one grant back this coming Tuesday so we will see.
I gave our mutual friend all of my contact information to give her and she should be contacting me next week too. I want to help her get a Waggle Page together asap.

With all of this, I have definitely seen the lack of resources in our community. There’s not even a TNR group for me to volunteer with. I wish I could figure out how to found one for this county. It’s a definite need.
While talking to people within our county trying to recruit people to foster (I’m not shy so I will strike up a conversation with strangers in stores or offices in a moments notice), I have been asked about TNRing and it seems everyone knows of a situation where it is desperately needed around here. I feel so inadequate that I have no one to refer them to.
I have emailed a woman in a neighboring county who founded a TNR group and now has it funded through her county. I’m hoping she can teach me how to do the same in my own county.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have reached out to over 20 programs/groups/grants without much luck. I did get an email to call one grant back this coming Tuesday so we will see.
I gave our mutual friend all of my contact information to give her and she should be contacting me next week too. I want to help her get a Waggle Page together asap.

With all of this, I have definitely seen the lack of resources in our community. There’s not even a TNR group for me to volunteer with. I wish I could figure out how to found one for this county. It’s a definite need.
While talking to people within our county trying to recruit people to foster (I’m not shy so I will strike up a conversation with strangers in stores or offices in a moments notice), I have been asked about TNRing and it seems everyone knows of a situation where it is desperately needed around here. I feel so inadequate that I have no one to refer them to.
I have emailed a woman in a neighboring county who founded a TNR group and now has it funded through her county. I’m hoping she can teach me how to do the same in my own county.
Both alleycat.org and bestfriends.org/resources have that information in some detail. Encourage you to visit and read.
A big part of your problem is timing, as warm/hot weather is kitten season and all of the advocacy/rescue groups are frantically dealing with the yearly result of the public's failure to care enough/take personal responsibility for/deal with spaying/neutering and adoption for LIFE of these most precious and valued beings.