Tips From Spooky

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
So i diy my own stuff and i was on pinterest and this works so good it helps keep their litter in the box the best thing i ever could do for them but they have to hop in and out of it and its exercise for them

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How about a box 2 or 3 times that size with one end cut a little lower? Less height to hop in and out of, but still should accomplish helping to contain the litter. It seems it would make it a little easier for them to get in and out of. Given the small amount of difference in the size of the outer and inner box couldn't you just use the larger box as the litter box?

And, I am also thinking of 'down the road' when they are older and don't get around as well, or even have some arthritis. The requirement of hopping in and out might be a little too much for them, and cause them to go outside the box.

But, of course, that might never happen, or if it does, I suppose you can change the whole box set up at that time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
put a hole in the bin for them im gonna do that and its just to contain the litter so im not getting in my shoes and stuff and dragging it in my bed

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a good suggestion, but my cats would not be hopping in and out of there (especially my Bourbon!), unless there is some kind of a divine intervention.:lol:

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
They do all the time they have gotten use to it

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Haha! These options might be something to consider (see below)!

The first one can be mounted on a corner (or a straight wall) to allow the cat to scratch themselves.

The second one is supposed to work on the theory the cat will walk through it to scratch themselves. Never have used either, just remembered seeing them awhile back.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Im gonna try to make one i live on pinterest everything is made from pinterest

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
They don't mind hopping in and out? I don't think my cats would like that, but it sure would help keep the litter contained.
They don't. At all shes really good about it she graduated to a big girl box today my lil kitten is growing up

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remember the future comes more quickly for cats than for people. If they ever stop jumping in and out, be sure to take them
to the vet and have them x-rayed to see if they have arthritis. If they do you can change the set up.