Tips For Cats The Pee Very High

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks all for your suggestions. I was looking at this ModKat litter box and is sold out at the website (listing around $80 there?) but is selling for $160 on Amazon Marketplace right now.

It's getting great reviews, but that's a lot of cash to lay down for a box I don't even know if my cat would use. My cat squats most of the time but once or twice a week he stands and shoots it straight back, sometimes missing the highest box I found altogether.

I do like the idea of a liner, but buying tubs that can be replaced sounds great to me.

Flip Litter Box

Kissamew

My attitude is inspired by cats....
Young Cat
Purraise
daftcat75 daftcat75 - it's off topic, but you can try Glyco Flex Plus for your cat's arthritis. It contains glucosamine, chondroitin, and best of all: green lipped mussels. The latter has been used by humans with great results related to arthritic conditions. Feeby had stopped climbing up on her favorite hang outs - after being on Glyco for just a little over a month, she was back to climbing everywhere. One treat a day (break it up into 4-5 pieces) and you're good to go! About $9 a month.

Thank you for posting about this supplement! I am going to try it for my 14 year old and 9 year old kitties! They do pretty good for their ages, but the oldest one has her days. A vet recommended glucosamine for a huge male I used to have (he's across the veil now) because of his size. She said he was in very early arthritis. I wish I would have had specific information then. If you feed wet food you could mash this up and mix it. It says duck flavored, but I don't intend to taste it myself. ;> I just found theCatSite today and I'm really happy I did! Kissamew (kissa is Finnish for cat and you know mew is the noise the make)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Feeby likes the taste of Glyco Flex Plus, so I just cut it up into about 4-5 pieces and she eats it that way. I also feed her a daily hairball treat, so I just add the two together on the same plate. Sometimes, if she leaves one of the pieces, I just crumble it up and put it on her canned food.

The instructions say to start with two of the 'treats' for the first 4-6 weeks, but I never did. I have only given her one a day. I thought two was 'over kill', plus daftcat75 daftcat75 used two and it gave his cat Krista running stools.

I will tell you that after 6 months, it seemed less effective, but I am thinking I got a defective batch of them when I ordered them on line. I ordered new ones and she has now been back on them for about a month. The results are a bit slower than the first time, but they seem like they may be working again.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I only started with one because Krista is nearly toothless (have to crumble it up for her because she can't find two good opposing teeth to chew it with) and she has a sensitive pooper. Krista gets bonus soft-serve and soup poops regardless of the dose, though. I think either one of the principal players (glucosamine, chondroitin, and/or MSM) or some filler ingredient (brewers yeast? xanthan gum?) really doesn't agree with her. The liquid preparations also seem to have xanthan gum which I know runs through her like a river. The only thing I've been able to get Krista to take without souping her poops is Grizzly Wild Salmon oil with omega-3's. Even that, I have to make sure she gets the right dose which means I am mixing her food from a can with oil added with a can I don't add oil to reach the recommended daily intake without exceeding it. The wild salmon oil is not the same relief she was getting from GlycoFlex.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a large litter box on Chewy that has a top entrance. I can’t send you the link but I looked it up. It is called Frisco Top Entry Litter Box. I would give it a try for my high pee-er. Good luck!