Tip of cats ear “drooping”?

vsvpflex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat had an ear infection a few months ago. It has since been cleared up and checked again recently, and there is no infection. He doesn’t have a hematoma, and hasn’t been shaking his head, but the tip of his one ear appears “floppy” some times and I’m unsure why. Any ideas? It’s not always droopy, but some days it is
IMG_9250.jpeg

This pic was taken less than an hour after the first one, significantly less droopy
IMG_9259.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you asked your vet? Anything neurological? Nerve damage? Could be have some fold in him? Just throwing out some thoughts since I am not a vet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vsvpflex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you asked your vet? Anything neurological? Nerve damage? Could be have some fold in him? Just throwing out some thoughts since I am not a vet!
Have spoke to vet briefly. No neurological signs at all, no visible trauma to the ear, no hematoma, and no ear infection. He did have an ear infection in the same ear this is happening to a few months ago

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did the drooping start during the ear infection?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experiences, one ear drooping is a sign of low potassium in a cat. It could eb caused by the administration of certain antibiotics, and excessive urination. You might run that by your vet as it can affect the heart. Salmon has higher levels of potassium, shredded cooked chicken has the equivalent of what a cat needs daily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vsvpflex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In my experiences, one ear drooping is a sign of low potassium in a cat. It could eb caused by the administration of certain antibiotics, and excessive urination. You might run that by your vet as it can affect the heart. Salmon has higher levels of potassium, shredded cooked chicken has the equivalent of what a cat needs daily.
I just looked around online about low potassium in cats and saw nothing pointing to the ear being a sign. Where did you find that info?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet had told me this. It can also be caused by excessive steroid use. Both ears folded usually means dehydration. It’s funny I had looked it up on the internet this morning and found it, and now I found one site that mentions it, though it wasn't the one i had read. catcaress.com.......why is my cat's ear folded down.

Last edited: