Tiny squishy bump on side

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it may have not been as simple as we all hoped for, but it sounds like the vet is confident that it is early enough to nip it in the bud. That’s a positive note. 👍

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update, now you know what you are dealing with and that its going to be sorted out within weeks, you must be so relieved. Now relax and enjoy that very beautiful boy of yours.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry it's not as simple as hoped. An interesting update just the same. A similar lump on Nobel is quite benine. He has had it for 5 years. It's very slow growing and has caused no other issues. Seems to grow when he scratches it. It doesn't bother me hurt him in any way...it started like a very small skin tag. The vet didn't bother to remove it during his 2020 surgery (dental).

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mirrorartist

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update, now you know what you are dealing with and that its going to be sorted out within weeks, you must be so relieved. Now relax and enjoy that very beautiful boy of yours.
I am so relieved. Still nervous for procedure day and the pathology results (always fear that small chance that some surprise will show up) but I think realistically we caught it nice and early and Dex will be okay ♥

mirrorartist

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry it's not as simple as hoped. An interesting update just the same. A similar lump on Nobel is quite benine. He has had it for 5 years. It's very slow growing and has caused no other issues. Seems to grow when he scratches it. It doesn't bother me hurt him in any way...it started like a very small skin tag. The vet didn't bother to remove it during his 2020 surgery (dental).
5 years with minimal change is a good sign, and if the vet has seen it and wasn’t concerned, that’s great too! Our vet recommended removal as soon as she returned from reviewing the cytology of the sample taken from Dex. She also said we could monitor it for awhile but preferred that we just removed it if we were willing. We want to do a dental for Dex regardless so we were on board with doing the lesion removal too. Just have to hope for clean margins and no reoccurrence!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
5 years with minimal change is a good sign, and if the vet has seen it and wasn’t concerned, that’s great too! Our vet recommended removal as soon as she returned from reviewing the cytology of the sample taken from Dex. She also said we could monitor it for awhile but preferred that we just removed it if we were willing. We want to do a dental for Dex regardless so we were on board with doing the lesion removal too. Just have to hope for clean margins and no reoccurrence!
Smooth sailing for your boy!

mirrorartist

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to come back and share how everything turned out with Dexter’s surgery and biopsy results. I’m happy to report that it is all good news!

Dex had surgery last Monday to remove the growth I discovered, and he did very well with the procedure and recovery. He has 5 little sutures and his wound is healing nicely. He did very well under anesthetic, got his teeth cleaned at the same time, and his teeth are all very healthy with no dental problems. We got his biopsy/pathology results back yesterday, and that confirmed a mast cell tumor. The vet explained that it was a “very, very low grade” (her words!) and was fully removed with clean margins. I am SO relieved that this didn’t turn out to be something more serious.

Just wanted to leave an update to wrap up this thread, and provide some additional information to anyone who is researching this for a similar situation in their cat. Thank you everyone here for your kindness, support, and understanding ♥♥♥