Time to expect delivery (updated)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are still attached to the after birth, you have to do it now. If you mean there is cord hanging from their tummies, that will dry up and fall off in a few days. No sign of further births? Is mama calm and taking care of kittens? Some cats can go even a day before giving birth to the rest. Watch her for the next day, if she gets agitated or starts crying there may be something wrong, I pray not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If they are still attached to the after birth, you have to do it now. If you mean there is cord hanging from their tummies, that will dry up and fall off in a few days. No sign of further births? Is mama calm and taking care of kittens? Some cats can go even a day before giving birth to the rest. Watch her for the next day, if she gets agitated or starts crying there may be something wrong, I pray not.
There’s no signs of further births, she’e taking care of them very well
All of them are nursing n she’s trying to introduce them to me ... when I went to bed she carried one and brought it to me lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cords don’t seem to be attached to the little sac anymore. Looks like the cords are fine and already drying up on their own. If they are not attached to anything you don’t need to cut them. They will dry up and fall off naturally. Good job!

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The cords don’t seem to be attached to the little sac anymore. Looks like the cords are fine and already drying up on their own. If they are not attached to anything you don’t need to cut them. They will dry up and fall off naturally. Good job!
Yeah everything's good so far, mommy's doing a very good job
She's even trying to take me to them so we get along lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing a great job too! Please keep us updated! Since many of us are in different places throughout the world, there is a time difference but always keep posting. One of us will see it and be in to respond. You can also type @ and then a screen ID name if you need someone.
Your photos are great and really provided good information do responders could help. The photos will serve to hel others too! Thank you for posting them. Of course my favorite in Mom with babies! :redheartpump:
Mom will probably want you near a lot. Make sure she gets very nutritious food right now. She still eating for four! The babies will be keeping her hungry. Lol

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the cords are fine, normal, just the way they are. They will fall off in a few days on their own. Do not cut. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to Private message any of us. Like said above we are in different time zones around the world so it may take a while, but we will answer. Just tap on our name, like mine, di and bob, and at the very bottom it will say 'start a conversation'. Click on that and it will go directly to our E-mail and we will see it sooner.
I'm so glad everything went well, you have a beautiful little family there. Mama can get pregnant again in as soon as a week from now, so don't let her get out! I had one deliver a second litter only about 70 days from the first. She had seventeen kittens in a year, three litters before I finally had her spayed!

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ibrano15 -- If you can, feed mom cat kitten food and Kitten Milk Replacement as long as she is nursing the kittens. That will provide her the extra fa, protein, and minerals she needs for the kittens. If you buy Kitten Milk Replacer, KMR, don't buy Hartz brand. Do buy the powdered form and you can make only the amount you need at the moment!

Please keep us updated!

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat just gave birth to 3 kittens 5 days ago, today she was crying n trying to get out of home which is weird enough
Can cats get into heat this quickly? I'm planning to spay her but after 3-5 weeks
What do u think? could it be another problem?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat just gave birth to 3 kittens 5 days ago, today she was crying n trying to get out of home which is weird enough
Can cats get into heat this quickly? I'm planning to spay her but after 3-5 weeks
What do u think? could it be another problem?
Yes, that is fully possible and quite common. Cats arent protected by lactacing.

3-5 weeks is early, unless she WAS out and you are fairly safe she is preg anew. 8 weeks is the common.

And what to do? Keep her inside at all costs.
IF that is impossible? yes, wait till the heat is over, and spay early. Usually she will be able to continue to nurse her kittens. But of course, double guard yourself and get home gears for handraising....

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat had litters less then 70 days apart, so it does happen. I would keep her in for a few weeks and then have her spayed. Unless she is refusing to nurse her kittens then sooner. I don't know if in this Corona mess if vets are spaying at all.....