Time to expect delivery (updated)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry for bad pic, it's like mucus
How long till she gives birth?
That's hard to say. Some cats lose the plug 2 or three days before going into labor, other start labor almost immediately. It's not really a good indicator.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's hard to say. Some cats lose the plug 2 or three days before going into labor, other start labor almost immediately. It's not really a good indicator.
Oh I didn't know that it wasn't good sign, I'm more worry now

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now she doesn't want to stay at my room, shall I let her go?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is your cat doing now? As GoldyCat GoldyCat said, all signs point to labor and delivery in the next few days, or anytime now. All the signs are normal for the end of pregnancy as well. :)

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is your cat doing now? As GoldyCat GoldyCat said, all signs point to labor and delivery in the next few days, or anytime now. All the signs are normal for the end of pregnancy as well. :)
She’s sleeping now n fine, waiting for the big day

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's panting right now n wants me to stay by her side, also she's eating when she feels like it
Is it close?
+6

Last edited by a moderator:

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's panting so hard, like she didn't drink water for years
is that normal in labor?

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Plz help! She’s giving birth but having to get the thing the must come out before kittens “mucus plug or that big plasticy thing”
How long to wait?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the amniotic sack that surrounds the kitten, she is definitely in active labor. she could go as long as an hour, much more then that call your vet. She should be having it any minute, try to be calm and try to calm her. Do not disturb her when she is straining or squatting. Make sure she licks the kitten and get the sack off, you may have to wipe it's little face and stimulate it with a warm washcloth. She should do fine though, just make sure she licks it. she will also have to chew through the umbilical cord. if she does not, apply dental floss and tie it about an inch from the body and cut it after the knot. She will eat the afterbirth most likely too, perfectly normal. Please keep us informed! PS I'll say a little prayer for her to deliver safely......

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful, congratulations! What you saw was the afterbirth, most cats eat it for the nutrients. Looks good, good job, and give that new mama a kiss from me!

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful, congratulations! What you saw was the afterbirth, most cats eat it for the nutrients. Looks good, good job, and give that new mama a kiss from me!
Oh thank u.
When is she supposed to eat their umbirial cord? two of them still have it

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s probably exhausted. You can go ahead and tie their cords about an inch from the body with string and pinch them off.

Are the 3 babies nursing well?