Tidy Cats Breeze & Large Breeds?

Misprints

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

I’ve recently become the proud parent of a gorgeous little Ragdoll kitten. I’m currently using the Tidy Cats Breeze system with pine pellets and so far it’s been a lifesaver! I’m concerned, though, that he’ll outgrow it quickly. Does anyone use this box for large adult cats? Is there anything similar on the market (built in softer and removable tray) that could accommodate a large adult cat? I have seen some instructions for DIY, but I don’t have access to the tools to make them — and probably wouldn’t have the patience to.

Thanks in advance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Misprints

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sifter, rather. Darn autocorrect. :)

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 2 large cats (and one regular size cat haha) and use pine pellets. I ordered this a few weeks ago and I'm now in the process of switching all 5 boxes over to them.

Van Ness Sifting Cat Litter Pan with Frame - Chewy.com

It's not HUGE but my 13lb big boy loves it. Only box he uses, near as I can tell.
You can get an idea of size in a video I made, it's the 2nd box I clean here:
Cleaning Boxes Using Pine Pellets As Litter

I've seen a bigger one at Petco but it's over $30 so I didn't really wanna buy 5 of those if I could help it.

Last edited:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clicked and watched the video. I'm not seeing the advantage of having to pick up the entire box of litter and shift it into the other box then back again. Yes, I get the shifting separates the clumps etc and you toss them, but you are still picking up what 9-11 pounds of litter at the beginning of the cycle?

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I clicked and watched the video. I'm not seeing the advantage of having to pick up the entire box of litter and shift it into the other box then back again. Yes, I get the shifting separates the clumps etc and you toss them, but you are still picking up what 9-11 pounds of litter at the beginning of the cycle?
I don't think it's that heavy? It's a pretty thin layer of pellets. I'm getting a baby scale soon (for foster kitten weighing), I'll weigh a tray for accuracy .. :D

Last edited:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good oh, around here we like the entire 11 lb bag of liter dumped in the box. SG likes the dig, and then dig some more.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Good oh, around here we like the entire 11 lb bag of liter dumped in the box. SG likes the dig, and then dig some more.
Oh wow yeah, 11 pounds of pine pellets would never do. They expand as they get peed on (then dry as sawdust)... I think the scene would look like that time Bobby overloaded the washing machine with detergent on 'The Brady Bunch', except instead of sudsy bubbles, it'd be peed on wood flakes everywhere.
:flail:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:shocked:Right marking pine pellets off the list of things to try.

I missed that it was full of pine pellets. Actually, I thought it was wheat litter. I watched the video, I didn't read the words. You know, one or the other, not both. 'cause... you know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Misprints

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
m3rma1d m3rma1d This is super overdue, but -- thanks for the recommendation! I'll give the Van Ness a whirl before driving myself crazy trying to drill hundreds of holes into a Sterilite container. :p