Tidy Cat users? Which do you prefer?

kittycleo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the past I've used a mixture of Arm & Hammer and Fresh Step litter . I
always use a mixture of 2 products. (Guess I'm looking for the best of both worlds.
)

I recently switched out the Fresh Step for Tidy Cats Crystal Blend and so far I see no problem. I don't notice any odor, seems less dusty and the clumps are fine.

I was just wondering about opinions on the other Tidy Cat scoopables? The crystal blend is the only TC product I've tried so far.
Does anyone prefer the TC scoopable with the blue lid/yellow box or the red lid/yellow box over the Crystal Blend or vise versa?

Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I used clay litter I did use Tidy cats and prefered the cyrstal blend ... got all the benifits of crystals without the hassle and all the benifits of clay clumping...

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the guys and i prefer tidy cats red, but we are switching to all unscented scooping litter (dr elsey's precious cat ultra) so only one box out of the 4 still has tidy cats in it. ever since tidy cats "reformulated" their scooping litters, all but the red one cause raven to lick his back legs until he has scabs. i've recently heard they've reformulated again, but i haven't bought tidy cats since the end of november. we're using up a 38# bucket, when it's gone they will get all unscented litter (they don't like the scented stuff, so the litter is lasting forever because of lack of use).

the guys really prefer dr elsey's precious cat ultra and arm & hammer unscented scooping litters. the dr elsey's is also less dusty than anything else we've used.

stormysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We use Tidy Cat blue formula. We get it at Sams club for around $7 for a 45lb bag. To me thats a great deal. When my fiance does his job and scoops/changes out the box like he is suposed to there is little stinch. We currently have one litter box for three cats and I am looking into new options on box control because DF slacks on the job. Over all I love Tidy Cat blue... its cheep and it works pretty well if you are good about scooping the box.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i mix Arm & Hammer Milti cat and Tidy Cats Small Spaces. It works AWESOME that way, no stink, and great hard clumps!

imsandiluv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know if the Tidy Cat crystals are any good? Not the crystal blend but the actual crystal litter? It's more expensive for less litter so I'm not sure I want to take the chance on it. I haven't heard of anyone who's tried it. I can understand how it would absorb urine but I'm having a hard time understanding how it covers/absorbs feces because the crystals are so big. If anyone has used it let me know.

stormysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by imsandiluv

Does anyone know if the Tidy Cat crystals are any good? Not the crystal blend but the actual crystal litter? It's more expensive for less litter so I'm not sure I want to take the chance on it. I haven't heard of anyone who's tried it. I can understand how it would absorb urine but I'm having a hard time understanding how it covers/absorbs feces because the crystals are so big. If anyone has used it let me know.
I have gawked at it in wonderment and disgust before but never bought it to try out. Just too expensive for our tastes. We have a dog who has severe allergies that must have specific things...(completely grain free diet ect) sooo we tend to try and find the healthiest for the least price for our other babies. Bargin hunters we are! Crystal users we are not!
Also I dont quite get how it would handle the poo. It would certainly look interesting when scooping though ill give them that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycleo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

i mix Arm & Hammer Milti cat and Tidy Cats Small Spaces.
I have this mixture myself....except with the crystal blend scoopable. I've never tried the TC for small spaces.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

the guys and i prefer tidy cats red, but we are switching to all unscented scooping litter (dr elsey's precious cat ultra) so only one box out of the 4 still has tidy cats in it. ever since tidy cats "reformulated" their scooping litters, all but the red one cause raven to lick his back legs until he has scabs. i've recently heard they've reformulated again, but i haven't bought tidy cats since the end of november. we're using up a 38# bucket, when it's gone they will get all unscented litter (they don't like the scented stuff, so the litter is lasting forever because of lack of use).

the guys really prefer dr elsey's precious cat ultra and arm & hammer unscented scooping litters. the dr elsey's is also less dusty than anything else we've used.
The dust factor is why I started using the Dr Elsey's Cat Attract. Now I'm afraid to stop using it they LOVE
this litter. (Levi still won't dig in it, but he's a little bit of a priss)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i used to use Arm & Hammer, but i tried the Tidy Cats Small Spaces & thought it controlled odor better...the last time i bought litter, they didn't have the Small spaces, so i got the Tidy Cats Multi-cat - i like it as well. the Small Spaces seems to have larger particles, which the cats don't track as much & is a bit less dusty. but my favorite thing about Tidy Cats is the container - much easier to use than the Arm & Hammer container!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i used to use Arm & Hammer, but i tried the Tidy Cats Small Spaces & thought it controlled odor better...the last time i bought litter, they didn't have the Small spaces, so i got the Tidy Cats Multi-cat - i like it as well. the Small Spaces seems to have larger particles, which the cats don't track as much & is a bit less dusty. but my favorite thing about Tidy Cats is the container - much easier to use than the Arm & Hammer container!
I just bought the Small Spaces version and I won't be buying it again.....it is so dusty that my cat sneezes every time he goes to use the litterbox. A nice scent isn't worth my cat's health.

Katie

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

I just bought the Small Spaces version and I won't be buying it again.....it is so dusty that my cat sneezes every time he goes to use the litterbox. A nice scent isn't worth my cat's health.

Katie
i find it less dusty...maybe you got a bad box?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used Arm and Hammer up until I adopted Claire, then switched to TC multicat (blue lid) because she came with a big box of it. I've found it controls odor better and is much less dusty than Arm and Hammer.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been using the Tidy Cats Multiple Cats. I get a 50 lb. bag at Sam's Club for around eight dollars. No problems so far, and I don't notice a smell. Of course, I scoop twice a day, which probably helps.

ashleyjade

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

The dust factor is why I started using the Dr Elsey's Cat Attract. Now I'm afraid to stop using it they LOVE
this litter. (Levi still won't dig in it, but he's a little bit of a priss)
Can you buy this litter from pet co or petsmart? If not, where can you find it at? We've been using an all naturla, corn litter, which works wonderfully, but im always up for trying something new, as I have one cat that is very picky about EVERYTHING she touches.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyJade

Can you buy this litter from pet co or petsmart? If not, where can you find it at? We've been using an all naturla, corn litter, which works wonderfully, but im always up for trying something new, as I have one cat that is very picky about EVERYTHING she touches.
dr elsey's is available at petsmart. (petco does not carry it) it actually costs about the same as tidy cats and is about 1000x better product. it comes in 18# and 40# bags.