mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The TICA Annual was fun.
Polar acted so bad I had to pull him.
I could not risk a judge getting hurt.
I met Lianna and Cheryl from this site.
I also met Ed Cleo/Polars breeder and some other sphynx breeders.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you had fun and met some new people.

Sorry Polar didn't enjoy his day, of course more important that things are safe for judges and stewards.
Did you get to show him at all?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I showed him in 7 rings.
He did get a 2nd best of breed but got mostly 4th.
I gave him 1 chance sunday and he bit the judge so I pulled him.
Polar used to be great in the ring.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7 rings is a lot, I'd be cranky by then too.

I'm glad we don't usually have shows with that many rings, there'd be cats being disqualifed/banned all the time (biting=banned here).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were 12 rings altogether.
6 per day.
There are sometimes 10 rings per day at our shows.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

There were 12 rings altogether.
6 per day.
There are sometimes 10 rings per day at our shows.
Luna got two finals. She had some good and some bad (hissing) rings. I missed the first one saturday because it was hard for me to hear the rings being called. And Sunday we went to kingdom hall for sunday worship so I told jacky to let Luna rest instead of worrying to take her to the ring for me. So Luna only went to 8 rings. Better for Luna since she apparently gets irritated after the 3rd ring or so.

First final for Luna was 8 of 50 cats and second was 9 of 47 cats. Luna did a great job considering there were so many cats.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about Polar, but glad you got to meet new breeders. Cats will let you know their limits.

I know that Jack can't take more then 2 shows in a month and the max rings is 5 a day - I won't push him for more. He's better with a normal 8 ring show.

Even my seasoned Cornish Rex who was wonderful in shows was pushed to go 6 rings a day - he was wiped out. I'd never do a 12 ring show with any cat - just too much (for me and the cat).

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice to meet you at the Annual, Jacky. Thanks for introducing me to your wonderful Sphynx. I'm sorry to hear about Polar. I missed seeing the part where he bit a judge! Yikes! Sometimes it seems cats enjoy showing for a while and then they just decide they've had enough. That just happened to a friend of mine who has a cat who is very sweet at home and used to be sweet in the ring too but then he started getting cranky; she gave him a break from showing for a while and then she decided to take him to a show again and see if he was better -- but no , he was worse, at that show he bit a judge!
fortunately it was more like a graze, not a deep bite. Anyway the biter is banned. Not that she would want to show him again after that episode!

TICA shows tend to have so many rings it is really a marathon for the cats; it's surprising most of them are as well behaved as they are. but of course many of them really, really enjoy having all these people pay attention to them.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the 10-ring, one day shows better, my cats seem to be more cranky on day two of a 2-day show than in later rings of a longer 1-day show... Actually come to think of it, so am I! Getting up at an ungodly hour two days in a row makes me cranky too.

If we had more shows in my area, I'd just enter 2-day shows for one of the days.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

Actually come to think of it, so am I! Getting up at an ungodly hour two days in a row makes me cranky too.
I know! I like dog shows but hate the early mornings. I mean seriously I am NOT a morning person. Why can't these shows cater to people like us?

Some dog shows are 4 and 5 days long.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

The TICA Annual was fun.
Glad you had fun! And glad you met your cats breeder in person.