Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I'm quoting myself, but wanted to say I was wrong when I said I wasn't familiar with Deep Purple, because I'm now listening to "Smoke on the Water" (on page 2) and realize I know that song!

Something else I am realizing, is that I'm mostly not enjoying the songs I'm hearing for the first time, but loving the ones I already know, Smoke on the Water included.

There are exceptions, of course, and if (when) I eventually catch up to current posts, I'll start commenting more on the songs everyone is posting, particularly the ones I like.
Ooh, don't say that! I've got a vested interest in you (and anyone who listens to them) liking the Kina Grannis songs I post!

I do like how I feel like I'm not being judged for my musical taste in this thread, btw. Music is so personal, and I know a lot of what I like is probably considered a bit "really?" by people out there, and yet i feel like I can be vulnerable and post bubblegum pop or the occasional children's song and not have people think less of me. (if you do think less of me for my taste in music, don't tell me and let me be happily oblivious, btw!)

Our Time Has Come - S Club 7

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Not in the title, but in the lyrics...

"Well, the clock says it's time to close now
I guess I'd better go now
I'd really like to stay here all night
The cars crawl past all stuffed with eyes
Street lights share their hollow glow
Your brain seems bruised with numb surprise
Still one place to go
Still one place to go"

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ooh, don't say that! I've got a vested interest in you (and anyone who listens to them) liking the Kina Grannis songs I post!
I don't think I've come to the Kina Grannis songs yet. I'm currently on page 4 and just finished listening to part of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters".

At first I was listening to entire songs/links. But now I've started listening to only parts of songs that I'm not crazy about, simply because, well, I'm on page 4, and there are 66 pages of songs to listen to!!! I also mostly skipped over the full albums and long performances, for the same "lack of time" reasons.

I do like how I feel like I'm not being judged for my musical taste in this thread, btw. Music is so personal, and I know a lot of what I like is probably considered a bit "really?" by people out there, and yet i feel like I can be vulnerable and post bubblegum pop or the occasional children's song and not have people think less of me. (if you do think less of me for my taste in music, don't tell me and let me be happily oblivious, btw!)
I know what you mean about no one in this thread judging us for our musical tastes. I am, afterall, a Bon Jovi fan! And as you may, or may not know, Bon Jovi doesn't get a lot of respect in the music world, and neither do their fans. :sigh:

I am finding it really interesting seeing the wide range of musical tastes we have. I'm also finding it cool to discover some songs I don't think I know, I recognize once I click on them.

Speaking of not realizing I know a song, Google just found this "summer song" which I didn't realize I knew till I listened to a bit of it. :sunshine:

Summer Breeze - Seas & Croft

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've come to the Kina Grannis songs yet. I'm currently on page 4 and just finished listening to part of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters".
The first was "Valentine" with its super cute video on Valentine's Day, I think around page 8, but I didn't post very often near the beginning, so it's quite a while before the next one.

I know what you mean about no one in this thread judging us for our musical tastes. I am, afterall, a Bon Jovi fan! And as you may, or may not know, Bon Jovi doesn't get a lot of respect in the music world, and neither do their fans. :sigh:
I was not aware of that! I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fanatic, but I like a few of his songs, have enjoyed the ones posted here, and will always love "Livin' on a Prayer", which brings back memories of being on the boat in Antarctica and the crowd demanding to hear it every night and the person in charge of the music being "Not again" and then belting out the chorus with everyone. Good times.

pg 28

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
will always love "Livin' on a Prayer", which brings back memories of being on the boat in Antarctica and the crowd demanding to hear it every night and the person in charge of the music being "Not again" and then belting out the chorus with everyone. Good times.
So tell us about this boat in Antarctica story!! :clap:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The first was "Valentine" with its super cute video on Valentine's Day, I think around page 8, but I didn't post very often near the beginning, so it's quite a while before the next one.
So I'm getting close, then. And I will keep an open mind. ;) Just so I can be prepared, is her music similar to any other singer/band?

Yes! Do tell. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm getting close, then. And I will keep an open mind. ;) Just so I can be prepared, is her music similar to any other singer/band?

Yes! Do tell. :lol:
I'm not good at describing what music is like. She's a girl with a guitar? If you happened to see Crazy Rich Asians, she was the one who played Can't Help Fallin' in Love during the wedding ceremony. I may have seen the movie just because she had a cameo in it, lol.

As for Antarctica, I'm not sure what exactly there is to tell. I was lucky enough to go with a marathon tour in 2007 with my dad. He ran the marathon, and I walked the half. Everyone was divided onto two Russian research vessels as our home base while doing the tour (there was only one night spent sleeping on the actual land) and our boat ended up being the party boat. So we'd spend evenings in this lounge and there would be music and drinking, and someone started requesting Livin' on a Prayer, and the fact that whoever was in charge of the music didn't want to play it every night just made us all want in more. So we would demand it and then sing along.

I could never be a runner, but they tend to be fun to hang around.

I should probably post music

So In Love With Two - Mikaila

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not good at describing what music is like. She's a girl with a guitar? If you happened to see Crazy Rich Asians, she was the one who played Can't Help Fallin' in Love during the wedding ceremony. I may have seen the movie just because she had a cameo in it, lol.
Just listened to (and watched a tiny bit) of the Kina Grannis Valentine song. And since I listened to the whole thing, I think that means I liked it. :)

Haven't seen the Crazy Rich Asians movie, btw. But I have been planning to read the book.

As for Antarctica, I'm not sure what exactly there is to tell. I was lucky enough to go with a marathon tour in 2007 with my dad.
How cool to go to Antarctica. Definitely something most of us will never experience.

I should probably post music
Me too. :biggrin:

Sunday Morning - Maroon 5

Up to page 7, btw. :musicnote:

Status
Not open for further replies.