Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a good compromise. Do you listen/watch the songs you already know? I figure, if I skip over Bon Jovi songs, I'd catch up to you in no time. :lol:
I do! Because I like a lot of them and don't mind hearing them again. I'm on 27 now. It'd be faster if it was all I was doing when I had time on my laptop, but I'm also like a month behind on my youtube feed from the end of the school year when I couldn't keep up with anything, so it's like a couple songs in this thread, a couple videos, and back and forth. So it's slow, but I'm gaining on both backlogs, I think.

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I grew up with the thought from peers that Sinatra was for an older generation. But it's not true. Sinatra has one of the great voices and he is for all times and all people I think!
I'm not familiar with his music. But guess I'll get to listen when I get to the pages with his songs.

I do! Because I like a lot of them and don't mind hearing them again. I'm on 27 now.
Good point. And really, how could I skip some of my favourite Bon Jovi songs. :lol:

Oh, I've started listening. On page 1. :)

You can bring up the video

U2 > With or Without You
Hmmm... I searched YouTube and it seems the video's been removed. Well, here's the audio version.

School's Out - Alice Cooper

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can watch the video on the link I provided.It's called a "promo video".
Got it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

So I'm on page 1, song 2. And it's "Child in Time" by Deep Purple, who I'm not familiar with, and it's TEN minutes long!!! @mama africa is that a good introduction to Deep Purple? I'm about half way through, and about ready to turn it off. :( They're definitely not Bon Jovi. ;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hee Hee. That's crazy, you'll never catch up. Why not just start on today and watch every video from now on? We repeat most of them eventually anyway. :lol:
I could start from today, but Lari Lari inspired me, so I'm gonna see how it goes starting from the beginning. :musicnote:

Rob Thomas is my Bon Jovi. :redheartpump:
I've been hearing Rob Thomas's new song on the radio a lot. I really like it. :)

Don't think this one was ever posted. :headscratch:

November Rain - Guns 'n Roses

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Wake me up when this beastly heat ends! Billy Joe Armstrong (Green Day) wrote this about his father's death but most people think it's about war.

EDIT: Jamie Bell, the guy in the video is the new James Bond, I think.
EDIT II: Jamie Bell and Evan Rachel Wood, the girl in the video were married from 2012-2014

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So I'm on page 1, song 2. And it's "Child in Time" by Deep Purple, who I'm not familiar with, and it's TEN minutes long!!! @mama africa is that a good introduction to Deep Purple? I'm about half way through, and about ready to turn it off. :( They're definitely not Bon Jovi. ;)
So, I'm quoting myself, but wanted to say I was wrong when I said I wasn't familiar with Deep Purple, because I'm now listening to "Smoke on the Water" (on page 2) and realize I know that song!

Something else I am realizing, is that I'm mostly not enjoying the songs I'm hearing for the first time, but loving the ones I already know, Smoke on the Water included.

There are exceptions, of course, and if (when) I eventually catch up to current posts, I'll start commenting more on the songs everyone is posting, particularly the ones I like.

Friday Night Blue - John Conlee

Status
Not open for further replies.