thoughts... (part 2)

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Debby, Blue and all of you!!
I love all to much to see you going through rough times! Unfortunately all of us do sometimes and so have I. I have so far managed to pull myself out of my depressions and just now I'm stuck in a medium position just like MeowMan and Mr.Cat.
I've had some really bad times and I've come to a point when I though life was pointless. I've found out though that my cat and keeping myself as busy as possible helps a lot. My mommy, God Bless her always, taught me that trick - just keep smiling, it scares teh :censor::censor::censor::censor: out of trouble!!! And also what I've found out is that the world treats you exactly in the same way you view it - so if you think everything is hopeless, it will most certainly be the truth.
Medication might help, I've never tried it, but I hope to God it does help you because depression is awful and as Elinor put it it robs us of our lives. And life is by all means worth living, especially with friends like you.
My dearest try to keep your heads above the water and remember that what does not kill you can only make you stronger! I love you so much, please remember that I do think about you daily and you've become a most important part of my life.
love always

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Deb25
I have a couple of "personal demons" keeping me occupied, as well. But I have not felt exactly ready to air them in this thread for every "Joe Blow the Eskimo" on the internet to read.

Mostly I just keep the dialogue going with myself, because I think even my friends are sick and tired of the damn thing by now.
Deb

my opinions on this are simple, when you give yourself through this type of medium,
what are you really giving to all those Joe Blow's? nothing. even if you posted your
phone number you have given nothing. just a phone number. it is not something anyone else can
hold in their hands and judge.

if anything you can only hope to help others with your story, and help yourself with the telling.

do you know what i mean?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Blue, I know. But the whole thing is so damn ridiculous that I'm too embarrassed
to give it up, so to speak.

When you're 40+, you are supposed to be wise, or at least wiser. Strap a bookbag on me, and I'm right back in high school.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and at 21 i'm supposed to be going to parties and with some cute guy with a nice car, right?

our wisdom comes from our experiences and our hearts, and believe me, you have helped me
a great deal with your words of wisdom, so much so that i didnt want to write back, or acknowledge
the truth of your words. acknowledging that at that time would have meant embracing it, and living it,
which i wasnt prepared to do.

anyway, ramble, ramble, ramble, the point is, i think, thank you. thank you for all
your insights into my life, and for caring, and for not dropping me when i did not respond.

i think i got off track here, i meant to ask, or beg, for the details of this
embarrasing event :tounge2:

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deb25; 40+ aside; release it(what ever it is) or you wil be 50+ sooner than you think and still "bitter and brewing".

There have been days when your sense of humor has been all that has kept me posting.
I can't thank you enough for that; so take it from TLK, who is 52+ ,: Bitter is not a complimentary characteristc of the young, the in-between, or the elderly. . . .

Love ya,

Besides, if we "strap a backpack on you" Joey would be right there going to high school with you!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darlene:

With my luck, Mr. Cat's locker would be right next to mine.

In all seriousness, I feel as though I have my head screwed on pretty well, in my own dysfunctional way, that is. Life is pretty good when I step back and consider where I was a year ago. My only nagging concern involves a relationship (what else?) It is a resolved issue, mostly, or is it???? Yeah, it is. Or is it? You get the idea.

I usually have a pretty good read and insight on others. Our school psychologist tells me I'm a natural. I always tell her that I'm not a psychologist, but I play one on tv.

Anyway, it all comes down to getting over somebody, and when exactly does that occur? Or should it? I've had less turmoil getting over an ex-husband than this. Then there are the signs that something is still there (from his standpoint). I admit I've been the one to take the risk with this guy on more than one occasion, so I won't be the one to do it this time. So there I am in limbo.

Gotta go, or I'll be late for class and get detention again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Billie....thank you so much for what you said..... really took it to heart, and you are so right....that which does not kill us....only makes us stronger!!!! Thanks for the inspirational post!!!!!!!
I
you!!!!!!!!!!!!!