Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

This stray cat showed up to my door step on HALLOWEEN!! How Ironic. Are orange eyes normal?

Discussion in 'Fur Pictures and Videos Only!' started by taylor0302, Jan 21, 2012.

1. taylor0302

taylor0302 Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Jan 17, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My little sister's friend ended up taking her in after we failed to find someone to claim her!

She seemed very healthy, she was extremely friendly and affectionate, and would come when called! The only unusual thing was her orange eyes!

[​IMG]

2. p3 and the king

p3 and the king TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 10, 2012
    Branson, Missouri (USA)
    Beautiful cat!!  Glad he found a good home with you!!  His eyes are referred to as copper, not orange.  Yes, they are normal... But, I have never seen them so vivid on a tuxedo before!  Just beautiful!!  Usually tuxedo kitties have green or yellow or mirky looking copper eyes.  Very cool!

3. taylor0302

taylor0302 Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Jan 17, 2012
    Good to know! Thank you for your comment :)
    I agree, she is very beautiful!! [​IMG]

4. morningrl

morningrl TCS Member Alpha Cat

Wow, they are really vibrant, I took in a little black kitten the beginning of November and she has the "orange" or copper eyes, but not so bright.

[​IMG]

5. thembcat

thembcat TCS Member Adult Cat

Sep 8, 2011
    Kansas
    I love copper penny eyes, they're so beautiful and rare with a black/tuxedo cat.  

6. parsleysage

parsleysage TCS Member Top Cat

May 9, 2011
    Hampton, Virginia
    WOW! [​IMG]Absolutely breathtaking!  Those are some gorgeous eyes - I would have called them orange, too, especially because they are so bright!

7. nurseangel

nurseangel TCS Member Veteran

Jul 6, 2007
    Sundarville
    What a strikingly beautiful cat!  What did your sister's friend name her?

8. feralvr

feralvr TCS Member Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Northwest Indiana
    WOW - seriously - just incredibly gorgeous eyes!!! So glad she has a new home now :hugs: :D

9. my4llma

my4llma TCS Member Top Cat

Oct 23, 2010
    Wow those eyes are awesome [​IMG]Glad she got a good home [​IMG]

10. stephanietx

stephanietx TCS Member Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Texas
    She's gorgeous!!  Tumbles' eyes were that color when he was younger, but now they are a deep golden color.

11. libby74

libby74 TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 21, 2006
    Illinois
    What a beautiful baby!  How appropriate to find a black & white with copper eyes on Halloween.

My Jack is orange and white, and has copper eyes, but not as bright and vibrant as this pretty kitty's.  Glad you were able to find a good home for her!

12. aeevr

aeevr TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jan 22, 2012
    San Jose, Ca
    It's so hard to write comments on all the beautiful cat pictures here, but, man, that is a gorgeous cat, AND cuddly to boot. You'd have to be crazy not to take her in.

13. nekochan

nekochan TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 5, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Very pretty!

My "tuxedo" cat has more gold-ish eyes:

[​IMG]

But not as bright gold as my Maine Coon's eyes:

[​IMG]

14. arionne hutton

arionne hutton TCS Member Kitten

Apr 9, 2013
    Taylor...do you live in Perry Township, Ohio????  We own a cat that looks JUST LIKE THIS.  In fact the black and pink spots on the paws match up.  I was google searching.. "Tuxedo cat with orange eyes" and your post came up.  When my daughter Paige came home I showed her the pictures and she freaked out.  She thinks she already saw the one with the cat laying down.  Then she said that Taylor took it.   Is it possible that a simple google search came up with our cat???  By the way, our cat originally went home with Samantha and didn't work out with them.  We were a second adoption for Boots!  If so.... the cat in Taylor's pictures is of my sweet kitty... Boots!

15. redavis

redavis TCS Member Kitten

Apr 16, 2013
    Never seen a Tux with orange eyes.  Thanks for posting his pictures...love tuxedo cats.  I've always thought orange eyes were a sign of some purebred cat breeds.  Maybe this guy had a purebred mum or dad. 

16. kittyandco

kittyandco TCS Member Young Cat

She looks wonderful! Yeah, orange eyes are perfectly normal. Mr. Dukie of feral origin is a complete moggy, and he and his sister both have neato copper eyes. And people say strays shouldn't be shown... ;)

17. manizheh

manizheh TCS Member Young Cat

Apr 7, 2013
    most people who breed pedigrees would be jealous of that brilliant eye colour. It is something they strive for but fail to achieve.

18. manizheh

manizheh TCS Member Young Cat

Apr 7, 2013
    in Australia you can show your non pedigree cat in the domestic cat show. At least that is what I was told MANY MANY years ago.

19. shelbell

shelbell TCS Member Kitten

Apr 22, 2013

20. shelbell

shelbell TCS Member Kitten

Apr 22, 2013
    This is my "orange" eye cat.  Ms. P. Nut...or Pea for short. I was surprised to see another copper tuxedo cat...they could be brother/sister!