This stray cat showed up to my door step on HALLOWEEN!! How Ironic. Are orange eyes normal?

taylor0302

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My little sister's friend ended up taking her in after we failed to find someone to claim her!

She seemed very healthy, she was extremely friendly and affectionate, and would come when called! The only unusual thing was her orange eyes!

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat!!  Glad he found a good home with you!!  His eyes are referred to as copper, not orange.  Yes, they are normal... But, I have never seen them so vivid on a tuxedo before!  Just beautiful!!  Usually tuxedo kitties have green or yellow or mirky looking copper eyes.  Very cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taylor0302

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good to know! Thank you for your comment :)
I agree, she is very beautiful!!

thembcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love copper penny eyes, they're so beautiful and rare with a black/tuxedo cat.  

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! 
Absolutely breathtaking!  Those are some gorgeous eyes - I would have called them orange, too, especially because they are so bright!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow those eyes are awesome
Glad she got a good home

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's gorgeous!!  Tumbles' eyes were that color when he was younger, but now they are a deep golden color.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful baby!  How appropriate to find a black & white with copper eyes on Halloween.

My Jack is orange and white, and has copper eyes, but not as bright and vibrant as this pretty kitty's.  Glad you were able to find a good home for her!

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's so hard to write comments on all the beautiful cat pictures here, but, man, that is a gorgeous cat, AND cuddly to boot. You'd have to be crazy not to take her in.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty!

My "tuxedo" cat has more gold-ish eyes:

But not as bright gold as my Maine Coon's eyes:

arionne hutton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Taylor...do you live in Perry Township, Ohio????  We own a cat that looks JUST LIKE THIS.  In fact the black and pink spots on the paws match up.  I was google searching.. "Tuxedo cat with orange eyes" and your post came up.  When my daughter Paige came home I showed her the pictures and she freaked out.  She thinks she already saw the one with the cat laying down.  Then she said that Taylor took it.   Is it possible that a simple google search came up with our cat???  By the way, our cat originally went home with Samantha and didn't work out with them.  We were a second adoption for Boots!  If so.... the cat in Taylor's pictures is of my sweet kitty... Boots!

redavis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Never seen a Tux with orange eyes.  Thanks for posting his pictures...love tuxedo cats.  I've always thought orange eyes were a sign of some purebred cat breeds.  Maybe this guy had a purebred mum or dad. 

manizheh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
most people who breed pedigrees would be jealous of that brilliant eye colour. It is something they strive for but fail to achieve.

manizheh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
in Australia you can show your non pedigree cat in the domestic cat show. At least that is what I was told MANY MANY years ago.

shelbell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my "orange" eye cat.  Ms. P. Nut...or Pea for short. I was surprised to see another copper tuxedo cat...they could be brother/sister!