Things in Common is Back!!!

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what your helping hint means so it doesn't help.
Maybe something short and to the point?

Also it has to be something commonly known about the 3 things.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is historically known, characterizing all four (especially Genghis Khan), and should certainly ought to be known to members of this board (hence the "closer home' clue). I am surprised if it isn't, I expected it to be an easy riddle here. If necessary, a little googling.

Any more help would involve giving the answer, which I will, if not found soon.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After allowing reasonable time, I give the answer. But you all disappoint me, I expected it to be easy for members of TCS.

Firstly, I got the 3 names from the thread
https://thecatsite.com/threads/sugg...ssing-their-distaste-for-cats-or-dogs.452155/

So, here is the answer:
All three (four, with the additional clue) were, of course, (infamous) military and political leaders or dictators, responsible for large scale wars. This similarity is obvious and unworthy of a riddle.

However, they were also infamous CAT HATERS (not surprisingly).

In particular, Genghis Khan, possibly the blood thirstiest butcher ever, who wiped out about 40M people, when besieging a Chinese city, is said to have demanded 1000 cats and 1000 pigeons, as ransom for going away.
Then, he set the animals on fire and released them to start fires in the city, and while its defenders were busy putting them out, he scaled the walls.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, debbila debbila at least had a go and got the easy part of the answer.

So, here's another easy one, also involving a cat:
Jaguar
Caiman
Anaconda

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
South America?
Excellent!
They are the three predators at the top of the food chain in the Amazon Forest in South America. So, the common point is their common habitat, and the following answers would have been acceptable: Amazon, Amazon Forest, Amazon River and South America.

You can now pose the next riddle.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all of them hybrids, the Egyptian Mau is a domestic cat originating in Ancient Egypt.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to Collin’s dictionary,
“Something that is exotic is unusual and interesting, usually because it comes from or is related to a distant country.”

Now, the Egyptian Mau is a domestic cat since the ancient times, but it does have exotic good looks. So, it looks like a borderline case, or even correct, and I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt. The answer counts as correct.

Actually, the word I was looking for was "spotted", which all three are, whether exotic or not. Note also that some exotics have stripes instead of spots, but what matters is what these 3 have in common.