They don't make this anymore -- or do they?

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise

Are you talking about the Clump & Seal or another one of the Arm & Hammer types? Mine formed big clumps that didn't break up. It could be because I just have one cat. Maybe the Multi Cat one would clump better if you have more than one cat, I'm not sure.
I tried a lot of the major clumping litters, both the multi-cat versions and the other variations.  It was always the same thing, the clumps fell apart as I was lifting them out.

I tried non-clumping litter and the cats decided they weren't going in the box, they really didn't like it.  I think it was the feel of the litter on their paws, non-clumping usually has pretty big granules while clumping litter is really fine.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved the baby doll pajamas. There are sleeveless, short leg pjs but do they make these anymore?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I loved the baby doll pajamas. There are sleeveless, short leg pjs but do they make these anymore?
Yep. They sure do. They might not refer to them as that though. Babydolls are more often nighties now with retailers like Victoria's Secret and such. If you search Amazon, you'll see them come up both ways. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Platform shoes for men.

I had a couple of pairs in 1971 or thereabout.

One pair was green, which combined with green velour extra large bellbottoms made me look a bit like Gumby.

I found these on a Halloween costume website.

This is what they sell today. (Snicker!)

The style hung on well into the early 1980s in Ohio, Indiana and Illinois, interestingly.

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer:Corn flakes once came out with dried banana slices in it, I really liked them. I think of it whenever I add fresh bananas to my flakes nowadays because fresh bananas don't last. I also miss Mars candy bars.:(

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Back in the 70s (early) they had these lamps with wires and oil droplets dribblng down wires for an interesting moving jewel effect. Not practical, but, well so seventies, I mean who CARED about practicality then, when you had bell bottoms with 13" wide flared legs.

Don't know what they called those. Never seen one in a thrift shop.

Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about? (Will you admit to having one? Or a relative . . . .)
I had a friend who had one, I always liked it.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
And he sews beautifully, too. I can hardly sew on a button. He's made several sets of matching shirts for us, plus curtains, pillowcases, pillows, an adorable adult-size cat's head purse, bedspreads, blouses for me (quite a challenge), shirts for himself, clothes for our late granddaughter, cat toys (of course), stuffed animals, and lots more. He has a top of the line sewing machine and serger. He does not, however, quilt. He's learning to cook very well, too.

Add to that being a second-degree brown belt in Issynrhu karate at age 70, and he's quite a guy.

:wave3:Wow! Congrats to you both & give him a big ole hug and a kiss for me & have him give you one too! :itslove: :rock:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Platform shoes for men.

I had a couple of pairs in 1971 or thereabout.

One pair was green, which combined with green velour extra large bellbottoms made me look a bit like Gumby.

I found these on a Halloween costume website.

This is what they sell today. (Snicker!)

Oh My,

I remember those shoes!!! The guy I was dating wore these popular polyester shirts
by Nik-Nik, I think that was the brand. A lot of the guys at the discos wore them.

The style hung on well into the early 1980s in Ohio, Indiana and Illinois, interestingly.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a child I loved Zagnut candy bars. Your thread made me think of them again so I did a search. Turns out they were made by the Clark Co. but are now manufactured by Hershey, (I'm sure they don't taste the same).
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/walk-the-candy-aisle/zagnut
Walgreen's sells Zagnut bars. I bought a couple a few weeks ago. I don't think they taste like they used to. They seemed a little sweeter. Still, it was cool to find them again.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love Marathon candy bars...mmm...caramel. I also remember eating Sugar Daddies that would glue my jaws shut for 20 minutes or more. And I just discovered that they still make Quisp cereal. Anyone remember that? It had a little alien on the box. I'm also realizing that all my "remember that" stuff is a diabetic nightmare! :lol:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember Zagnuts, Marathon bars, Sugar Daddies, Sugar Mamas, and Sugar Babies too. Do they still have Chunky bars? I remember thinking they should only charge 5 cents for it instead of 10 because it was smaller than a regular bar.

I still haven't gotten over that Reese's cups don't taste the same as they did in the 60's and 70's. It seems like it changed whenever they went to the shiny plastic orange package. It used to be wrapped in parchment like paper. The recipe must have changed when they changed packaging and I resent that highly. :angrywoman: They used to be so good.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I remember Zagnuts, Marathon bars, Sugar Daddies, Sugar Mamas, and Sugar Babies too. Do they still have Chunky bars? I remember thinking they should only charge 5 cents for it instead of 10 because it was smaller than a regular bar.

I still haven't gotten over that Reese's cups don't taste the same as they did in the 60's and 70's. It seems like it changed whenever they went to the shiny plastic orange package. It used to be wrapped in parchment like paper. The recipe must have changed when they changed packaging and I resent that highly. :angrywoman: They used to be so good.
Yes, they really messed up the Reese' cups.:bat:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they still have flippy phones? I've gotten used to my flat surface but it was easier to text using buttons rather than a slick surface. I miss the buttons.

Years ago when smart phones first started becoming popular, I was at Verizon (formerly Bell South Mobility) looking for another flippy phone. I overheard a couple talking to the salesman about internet capability on a cell phone. I rolled my eyes and said to myself 'how ridiculous!" Seriously, I was digusted. Now I have one. :rolleyes:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they really messed up the Reese' cups.:bat:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who fondly recalls how good Reese cups USED TO BE! I might still get one every now and then hoping they've decided the older recipe was best, but I always get disappointed. I've gotten some Reece cups where the peanut butter was dried like chalk! And it wasn't past expiration either.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they still have flippy phones? I've gotten used to my flat surface but it was easier to text using buttons rather than a slick surface. I miss the buttons.

Years ago when smart phones first started becoming popular, I was at Verizon (formerly Bell South Mobility) looking for another flippy phone. I overheard a couple talking to the salesman about internet capability on a cell phone. I rolled my eyes and said to myself 'how ridiculous!" Seriously, I was digusted. Now I have one. :rolleyes:
Yes I have one. It's all I can afford. It was $15.00. :)