They don't make this anymore -- or do they?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
​I loved mine. I showed it to a kid recently and he thought it was quaint, but cool . . . .

(Why do I even have it anymore?)

Remember those slides they'd make for you instead of prints of pictures you took? My late dad had thousands.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved my viewmaster. Everything looked so real. The only slide I remember having was Robin Hood. My mother got me that one because I used to watch the TV show with Richard Greene.

Muffy

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muffy, did you have a Mustang? Or two, or three . . . .

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved my viewmaster. Everything looked so real. The only slide I remember having was Robin Hood. My mother got me that one because I used to watch the TV show with Richard Greene.
Can't believe that 1955 show was imported to America. Even as a child in England I never liked it. I remember ugly old Friar Tuck.

Yes, I had a 68 and a 79 Mustang. I thought I was so cool back in those days driving them.
Steve McQueen in Bullitt. Swoon.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't believe that 1955 show was imported to America. Even as a child in England I never liked it. I remember ugly old Friar Tuck.
Steve McQueen in Bullitt. Swoon.
Love that Steve McQueen. I understand you British really like him. 

I loved Robin Hood. I had a crush on Richard Greene and I also liked Little John. That was so many years ago.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maxx scoop cat litter.
@Maddies Momma  - Me too.  What are you using now?

I was lucky, and found some Maxx Scoop at a Canadian Tire last fall and stocked up, so I'm good for a few more months. But after that, not sure what I'll buy.  I bought the Petsmart brand between when I first ran out of Maxx Scoop and found the windfall, but I only half liked it and not sure if I'll go back to it again or not.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, I had a 68 and a 79 Mustang. I thought I was so cool back in those days driving them.

Muffy
I had a '79  Mustang too!  That year the body style changed quite a bit from the previous style.  I had a neat 8-track tape player too and I thought I was cool too.  

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Maddies Momma
 - Me too.  What are you using now?

I was lucky, and found some Maxx Scoop at a Canadian Tire last fall and stocked up, so I'm good for a few more months. But after that, not sure what I'll buy.  I bought the Petsmart brand between when I first ran out of Maxx Scoop and found the windfall, but I only half liked it and not sure if I'll go back to it again or not.
Purina tidy cats is supposed to be the upgrade/replacement for Maxx scoop but I can't stand it. Every kind is scented Wether is says scented or not and it's a really strong really gross perfume smell. It's super dusty and it doesn't do its job. The urine clumps just fall apart. For the longest time I was just using no name brands but then I decided to try the natural route. I am fairly satisfied with world best litter. It is fairly dusty but it's a natural heavy corn dust that doesn't cause respiratory problems like the clay can. And it does a decent job. I actually created a thread with my reviews of different litters that I have tried since Maxx scoop disappeared. If you go to my profile you should be able to find it. It's very descriptive and you should find it helpful.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Purina tidy cats is supposed to be the upgrade/replacement for Maxx scoop but I can't stand it. Every kind is scented Wether is says scented or not and it's a really strong really gross perfume smell. It's super dusty and it doesn't do its job. The urine clumps just fall apart. For the longest time I was just using no name brands but then I decided to try the natural route. I am fairly satisfied with world best litter. It is fairly dusty but it's a natural heavy corn dust that doesn't cause respiratory problems like the clay can. And it does a decent job. I actually created a thread with my reviews of different litters that I have tried since Maxx scoop disappeared. If you go to my profile you should be able to find it. It's very descriptive and you should find it helpful.
Link please can't find it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had a '79  Mustang too!  That year the body style changed quite a bit from the previous style.  I had a neat 8-track tape player too and I thought I was cool too.  
I made a mistake. I had a 69 Mustang and a 78 Mustang. I do remember the models changing after l978 but I liked my 78. It was a navy blue hatch back. I had a 8-track player in my 73 Plymouth Duster. 

Muffy

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal for the longest time, zero dust, great clumping, no dumping out dirty litter. Now they came out with Slide, same great features AND it doesn't stick to the litter pan. There's no scent to it either. You couldn't ask for a better litter!

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I used Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal for the longest time, zero dust, great clumping, no dumping out dirty litter. Now they came out with Slide, same great features AND it doesn't stick to the litter pan. There's no scent to it either. You couldn't ask for a better litter!
I was not impressed by Arm and Hammer. It had the same problem as the other major clumping brands, even with daily scooping the litter simply would not clump because my cats over-saturated it.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I made a mistake. I had a 69 Mustang and a 78 Mustang. I do remember the models changing after l978 but I liked my 78. It was a navy blue hatch back. I had a 8-track player in my 73 Plymouth Duster. 

Muffy
Oh dear god.

8-tracks! Cross-play! Listen to two songs at the same time! Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Three, "Once Piece at a Time" and "After Tax" simultaneously.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh dear god.

8-tracks! Cross-play! Listen to two songs at the same time! Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Three, "Once Piece at a Time" and "After Tax" simultaneously.
I didn't know you could do that. I love Johnny Cash. I have quite a few of his records.

Muffy

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was not impressed by Arm and Hammer. It had the same problem as the other major clumping brands, even with daily scooping the litter simply would not clump because my cats over-saturated it.
Are you talking about the Clump & Seal or another one of the Arm & Hammer types? Mine formed big clumps that didn't break up. It could be because I just have one cat. Maybe the Multi Cat one would clump better if you have more than one cat, I'm not sure.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For anyone following the cat litter dilemma in this thread. Here's the link my reviews of trying different litter since Maxx scoop disappeared.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/332450/...ter-and-trying-out-some-new-ones#post_4222107
Thanks. I will definitely check out your thread with your litter reviews.

BTW, this site has an actual "review" section, so you might want to repost your reviews there.  And you might even win a prize. 

Here's the link to the March "Reviewer of the Month": http://www.thecatsite.com/t/336881/reviewer-of-the-month-march-2017#post_4251031