The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to cancel my trip this morning. I'm really disappointed and sad. I've been crying the past 3 hours. But I don't think travelling to Europe is safe sensible right now.
My goodness, you were SO right to cancel your trip. With the news of this new variant, more and more places are no travel areas. Thankfully you didn’t go and get stuck in Europe!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness, you were SO right to cancel your trip. With the news of this new variant, more and more places are no travel areas. Thankfully you didn’t go and get stuck in Europe!
Right! I've been hearing all the news. Definitely did not anticipate it getting this bad. And I wouldn't want to get stuck there. I was thinking about doing placement in London next summer (I have an uncle in the UK). Not sure if things will be okay by then. Might have to stay in Canada.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, i have bowed to my age and decrepitude following that pesky stroke. I've ordered one of those ceramic Christmas trees that lights up from within. I cannot deal with my "real" (artificial) tree this year. IF I can locate a BIG rolling plant stand, I'll attach the base to that, and get it out again next year. Or the year after. Till then, my little table-top will sit on a TV tray in the window, and shine proudly!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this parenting thing seems to be going well. The cats have adapted better than expected.

although she only wants to. Sleep on us which makes our sleep hard to get

View attachment 402998
Omg, so tiny!

I've embraced the contact nap, lol, but thankfully J did nights well in the bassinet from the beginning. Hope you can get more sleep soon.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, I'm not sure I'm okay. Was trying to breastfeed J after dinner and she was extra squirmy and I noticed she had what I'm sure were hives under her chin. Called her doctor's cell line straight away who told me to give her a bit of children's benadryl, monitor her, and no more cashew or salmon until I get her in for her year appointment and we can get allergy testing. I could have been wrong and overreacted, but it just didn't seem right. It was my first day of trying salmon and it had been a while since she'd had cashew, so. :ohwell:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was my first day of trying salmon and it had been a while since she'd had cashew, so.
You don't drink any cashew milk? Do you think she's just allergic to cashews and not almonds?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't drink any cashew milk? Do you think she's just allergic to cashews and not almonds?
I've had cashew milk ice cream and I believe creamer and not noticed a reaction. She's had the dinner I made once before without a reaction. And her issues had improved six months ago when I cut out fish along with the dairy which would lead me to believe the salmon was the problem, but since tree nuts are also one of the big allergens, she won't get either to be safe. She's had almond butter without a reaction as well.

Idk, her hives weren't bad compared to pictures on the internet, but seeing those tiny bumps under her chin was so scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.