The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my youngest's Senior pictures in the mail today. It is becoming reality that my baby is heading into his last year of high school next week. I put his Senior picture on the wall underneath my oldest's and am just staring at it in disbelief.

The good thing is that nothing will change after that. Like the oldest, he will still live at home his first two years of college and go to the community college to save some money.View attachment 393184
Okay, but, how did you talk them into wearing tuxes?! I can't have seen my brother doing that for his senior year picture.

In fact, I barely dressed up for mine.

Very handsome and great pictures!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone in Ohio dealing with RITA? My son got a subpoena of records over the weekend, and have been trying to help him get everything figured out. They are claiming that he owes money going back to 2014 and that he lived in a city that he moved out of in 2013. The city that they say he lived in does not have municipality taxes, and our village did not have them until 2018. We are very confused as to why they are saying he owes when none was even supposed to be collected and he did not have to file with them. Last year, a lot of people in the village got letters from RITA, and all that brought it up were confused. I filed municipality taxes for him when I did his taxes. (Since he works in different cities all over NE Ohio, he had taxes for several municipalities. His are a pain in my butt.) Online they say that they have been filed; however, none of the three he actually had to file say they have been paid, and the woman he spoke to today said that he never paid them. Now, he has to look through his bank statements for it. On top of that, they are still saying he has to prove that he did not live in the other city and that he currently lives outside of the limits, even though the years he has to prove are years neither municipality had their own taxes.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone in Ohio dealing with RITA? My son got a subpoena of records over the weekend, and have been trying to help him get everything figured out. They are claiming that he owes money going back to 2014 and that he lived in a city that he moved out of in 2013. The city that they say he lived in does not have municipality taxes, and our village did not have them until 2018. We are very confused as to why they are saying he owes when none was even supposed to be collected and he did not have to file with them. Last year, a lot of people in the village got letters from RITA, and all that brought it up were confused. I filed municipality taxes for him when I did his taxes. (Since he works in different cities all over NE Ohio, he had taxes for several municipalities. His are a pain in my butt.) Online they say that they have been filed; however, none of the three he actually had to file say they have been paid, and the woman he spoke to today said that he never paid them. Now, he has to look through his bank statements for it. On top of that, they are still saying he has to prove that he did not live in the other city and that he currently lives outside of the limits, even though the years he has to prove are years neither municipality had their own taxes.
Can he go back to his former employers and get copies of his W4 and W2’s for each year? That should show his places of residence. If he has tax returns going back that far they may help. I would also look at this municipalities tax laws - seven years is a long look back period.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can he go back to his former employers and get copies of his W4 and W2’s for each year? That should show his places of residence. If he has tax returns going back that far they may help. I would also look at this municipalities tax laws - seven years is a long look back period.
He has all of them and sent them in, but after he sent them in he got the subpoena asking for more proof. The website says that W2s are an acceptable form of proof. It also makes no sense that they are pushing so much about a city that did not have the tax in question during the years in question. He just printed up some transcripts from the IRS. We are hoping that works. With municipalities, at least here in Ohio, they can go back ten years, at least according to the RITA employee.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, but, how did you talk them into wearing tuxes?! I can't have seen my brother doing that for his senior year picture.

In fact, I barely dressed up for mine.

Very handsome and great pictures!
Ha!! It's not a real tux. It is a dickie ( collar of a shirt), a bowtie, and a jacket. All provided by the school. You could also do the cap and gown type picture but I liked the tux better.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Handsome young men klunick klunick ! One of my high school friends has been very emotional on Facebook since her oldest had her senior pictures done a couple weeks ago and started school this week. There have been a lot of dropping off at college posts too. My bestie’s DD is staying home this year.

Its got me praying mine stick close too. 😅 Unlike my husband who said he came home one day and announced that he’d joined the military and was leaving in a week. 😣 At least my inlaws got me out of it. :lol: :biggrin:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
worried about my cousin he is an icu doc up in oregon when i talked to him today he sounded a bit frustrated and pissed at all these people that ignored medical advice refused the vaccine along with masking up. who now have covid and are taking up all the icu beds that others could use car accident victims etc.afraid he is getting the attitude of they made the choice to dig their own grave so let them die in it and quit taking up resources,time that could be used to save others.
Having worked in respiratory therapy for MANY years, I feel for him, and am so glad that I'm well out of it. The sad truth is that eventually, hospitals will have to set up a system of triage that denies service to the unvaccinated...not out of moral, ethical or political reasons, but simply because 96% of hospitalizations for COVID are the unvaccinated, and over 99% of deaths from COVID are the unvaccinated. They are going to HAVE to free up beds and personnel for those that can be saved...and not only those with COVID. I read recently that a man who had been shot several times (5, I think) was lying on a gurney in a hospital hallway because they did not have a place for him to be seen properly and treated due to COVID.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Handsome young men klunick klunick ! One of my high school friends has been very emotional on Facebook since her oldest had her senior pictures done a couple weeks ago and started school this week. There have been a lot of dropping off at college posts too. My bestie’s DD is staying home this year.

Its got me praying mine stick close too. 😅 Unlike my husband who said he came home one day and announced that he’d joined the military and was leaving in a week. 😣 At least my inlaws got me out of it. :lol: :biggrin:
Oh... I am not emotional because HE Is getting older. I am emotional because that means I am getting older!! In my head, I am still 35. Not flipping 50 in a few weeks. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh... I am not emotional because HE Is getting older. I am emotional because that means I am getting older!! In my head, I am still 35. Not flipping 50 in a few weeks. :lol:
Having become a mother at an older age, I sort of freak out when I realize how old I'll be when J and future children hit certain milestones.

That's why I definitely need to keep working out, so I can keep up! :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having become a mother at an older age, I sort of freak out when I realize how old I'll be when J and future children hit certain milestones.

That's why I definitely need to keep working out, so I can keep up! :lol:
I got married relatively young (25) but because we didn't really know each other that well (married after 3 months), we decided it was best to wait on kids. We agreed on two years and then it took me a year before I got pregnant with my first. Boys are 3 years apart. Got the first one potty trained and then a couple months later.... 2nd was born and I had another one in diapers. But those 2-3 months of not carrying a diaper bag was LOVELY!!!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got married relatively young (25) but because we didn't really know each other that well (married after 3 months), we decided it was best to wait on kids. We agreed on two years and then it took me a year before I got pregnant with my first. Boys are 3 years apart. Got the first one potty trained and then a couple months later.... 2nd was born and I had another one in diapers. But those 2-3 months of not carrying a diaper bag was LOVELY!!!!
I don't plan on waiting three years, so I feel like it's going to be a few tough years with diapering, but it'll be done fairly quickly and I won't have to start again.

Fortunately, there are greater numbers of late 30s moms of littles these days, so I won't stick out quite as much as my mom did when my sister was little.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't plan on waiting three years, so I feel like it's going to be a few tough years with diapering, but it'll be done fairly quickly and I won't have to start again.

Fortunately, there are greater numbers of late 30s moms of littles these days, so I won't stick out quite as much as my mom did when my sister was little.
Well, I didn't plan to wait 3 years between either. God decided that . What is strange is that youngest was my last good egg. After he was born, I dumped the rest and never had a menstrual cycle after that! I was done with it by 33! :bunnydance: Luckily we only wanted 2.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
happy 50th :lol: i am right behind you october i will be fifty but look barely legal:lol:
I was like that when I was almost 30 and pregnant with the first. Got yelled at in the grocery store by a little old lady. She called me a tramp and said my mom must be so horrified that I was a teen high school drop out who was pregnant. I tried to tell her I was 29 and married but she didn't believe me. :ohwell:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
People always thought I was older when I was a teenager. Which was cool back then. Now I’m not asking.

DH and got married young but waited to have kids because of his job and wanting a house first and things like that. We paid off all debt except one car and our mortgage first too.

But there are definitely more people not starting to have kids until their late 30s. My cousin had her first and only at 41. Another friend has 2 older girls (15 and 19) and 2 toddlers. The youngest was born on her 43rd birthday! I can’t imagine that! My FIL was 43 when DH was born. He’s still pretty active in spite of some health challenges. He’s just decades older than my parents! And closer to my grandparents in age I think. I never really considered his age until the last few years though. Probably because he just doesn’t act elderly.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People always thought I was older when I was a teenager. Which was cool back then. Now I’m not asking.

DH and got married young but waited to have kids because of his job and wanting a house first and things like that. We paid off all debt except one car and our mortgage first too.

But there are definitely more people not starting to have kids until their late 30s. My cousin had her first and only at 41. Another friend has 2 older girls (15 and 19) and 2 toddlers. The youngest was born on her 43rd birthday! I can’t imagine that! My FIL was 43 when DH was born. He’s still pretty active in spite of some health challenges. He’s just decades older than my parents! And closer to my grandparents in age I think. I never really considered his age until the last few years though. Probably because he just doesn’t act elderly.
People thought I was older when I was younger too but that was because I was tall (5'10). Worked out well because no one picked on me when I was a Freshman because they thought I was a Sophomore or Junior.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
What’s on my mind:
There is a horrible cat hoarding in a nearby town at least 30 cats and kittens in and outdoor. A lady lived there and gave room and board to “homeless” drug addicts which on of the drugs was meth. Everyone was evicted, they shut up the house and turned off power. It’s severely flea infested and a couple of rescue groups and animal control have been working diligent to get these extremely sick cats & kittens out but nowhere to put them. It’s a sad situation.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
People thought I was older when I was younger too but that was because I was tall (5'10). Worked out well because no one picked on me when I was a Freshman because they thought I was a Sophomore or Junior.
I had a huge crush on a guy at church who was 4 years older than me so I thought looking his age was awesome. Fortunately for him there was no way I was ever going to be bold enough to actually TALK to him. I don't think I lived that crush down with my church friends until I had met DH. :rolleyes2:

Our new church's youth group had their montly time last Sunday evening. One of the greeters asked DD if she wanted to go and was trying to hand her one of the cards with info on it. She's BARELY old enough to go but she's taller than me now. She looked at him like a deer in the headlights. :flail:I told him maybe next time. :flail:One of her friends is a couple years older and much more social. They don't go to that church but I'm going to see if she wants to go with DD next time. I mean the poor homeschooled kid has never been dropped off for something where she didn't already know people. By her expression you'd have thought he asked her to stand up on the stage and perform or something. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.