The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , vinyl laminate is very inexpensive to purchase and have installed and it can pretty much go over anything, except carpet. It’s also a DIY project that is fairly easy. It’s also waterproof and pretty indestructible.
We have some kind of laminate in the foyer. Noodles had an accident in there once that didn't get noticed right away and theres a tiny bit of warping. DH and I were looking at the water proof kind because where the flooring meets the kitchen is a really odd angle. The sheet laminate in our kitchen has held up really really well though; so I'm not sure I want to change that. A guy I graduated from high school with does flooring but from the pictures I've seen he mostly does high end ($$$) stuff. DH had to replace some of the framing around our back door (It's a double door, half door half window) a few years ago. He was under the house this weekend and pulled back the insulation under that area and noticed water had gotten to the subfloor at some point. My Dad didn't think we needed to run out and replace that door right away; but it's coming. DH had found where the water was sitting and added drain holes so we think the water damage is old. But it still might mean having to pull up the carpet anyway. I'd love to add a roof over the back door but the slope of the roof makes adding anything hard.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We have some kind of laminate in the foyer. Noodles had an accident in there once that didn't get noticed right away and theres a tiny bit of warping. DH and I were looking at the water proof kind because where the flooring meets the kitchen is a really odd angle. The sheet laminate in our kitchen has held up really really well though; so I'm not sure I want to change that. A guy I graduated from high school with does flooring but from the pictures I've seen he mostly does high end ($$$) stuff. DH had to replace some of the framing around our back door (It's a double door, half door half window) a few years ago. He was under the house this weekend and pulled back the insulation under that area and noticed water had gotten to the subfloor at some point. My Dad didn't think we needed to run out and replace that door right away; but it's coming. DH had found where the water was sitting and added drain holes so we think the water damage is old. But it still might mean having to pull up the carpet anyway. I'd love to add a roof over the back door but the slope of the roof makes adding anything hard.
Yes, the older laminate is easily damaged by water, and unfortunately I have a whole kitchen of it. But the newer called “Luxury plank vinyl” is waterproof and can even be used in damp places like bathrooms without damage. If you stopped in a floor store you would see there is much more LPV than regular laminate.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...I missed my cardiologist's appointment today. Didn't even realize it till I got up a 5 this evening. I had somehow convinced myself the FRIDAY (ok, today) was the 5th. Now I have to call the cardiologist and grovel to remake the appointment, THEN call Logisticare and grovel at THEM to remake the appointment. Luckily, I don't "no show" often at all.
Did you get your appointment rescheduled?

We don't have a nice bedspread because one of my husband's friends told him before we moved in together that the secret to a long happy relationship was each person having their own blankets. :lol: So I sleep with ny weighted blanket, he'll use the flat sheet or a thin one from hus parents' house, and we each have a thick fuzzy comforter type thing for the winter. Also, I never make our bed up.
I have to agree about the two separate blankets! We rarely make the bed. Well, technically, I kind of make up my side when I get up, but he never makes up his side. When we have someone other than my children over, we do make up the bed because our room is on the way to the bathroom, and we do not shut our door because of all of the cats, so my comforter is the nice one.

I actually finally broke down and ordered a new duvet cover for mine from Spoonflower. I designed the fabric and have sold enough fabric over the last few years to get a decent discount that was paired with a special they were running. They cost much more than I am willing to spend! Haha!

My husband wanted something "fun" but cozy, and I wanted something unique. I used the Hex codes for our wall and dresser color when I designed it, and I guessed on a close enough color to go with our curtains. (Our bedroom is a deep navy, "Graylac," and deep teal with silver bits here and there.) We have light grey silk pillowcases and navy sheets that should look okay with it. At least okay enough for us!

Screenshot (30).png

Our walls are builder white. I’d love to paint! But I have way too much stuff in our bedroom to do that easily. We have a hodgepodge of furniture still and no headboard. My kid’s rooms are all nicely done with matching furniture. My room…:rolleyes2: But again; I don’t want to buy furniture just to buy furniture because I’ll probably never buy any again.:lol: So 18 years of marriage and still no matching bedroom furniture.
I have been trying to convince my husband to get a headboard. For some reason, he hates them. I am probably the minority, but I like mix-matched furniture (and patterns) as long as they have a logical connection.

Ignore the glaring ceiling light, but these are my dressers. My husband has a modern-ish dresser because he likes drawers with easy slides on them, but I painted it similar to mine, so does not look out of place. This is right after we moved our room upstairs and finished painting the walls, so I am missing some of the stuff that goes on top of the second dresser. (I hate that the floors are light. The rest of our house has dark hardwood floors. The lamp is no longer there.)

20201101_174906 (1).jpg

On a completely different note, one of my brothers-in-law is a bit of a misogynist who likes to send my feminist husband "Red Pill" videos in what he calls an attempt to "reclaim" him as a man (whatever that means). A few days ago, he had text my husband about how women were happier before they could vote and we as a society need to go back to limiting women's rights for their own good. We laughed about it for a bit until he sent a text suggesting that I was happier as a "domesticated housewife" than I was when I had a career. My husband said, "You obviously do not know Elphie. She's not domesticated. She may be a wife and stay at home because of her PTSD, but to say she is domesticated is hilarious. My wife is feral." I nearly peed myself when he read me the text! Hahahahaha!

It is true. I liked it so much that I went on Redbubble and made myself a "Feral Housewife" bumper sticker. They had one available but the design was not what I wanted, so, being the feral I am, I designed a new one. It will look so good next to my other bumper stickers, especially this one that says, "My Other DIsability is a Bad Attitude."

Screenshot (31).png 20210723_181053_HDR.jpg

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like i've spent hours on Amazon browsing. I think we are going to "start over" with new bedding. The problem could just be that the colors that were out when I got my curtains and bedding +10 years ago aren't what's "in" now. I just can't make that kind of purchase without knowing I'm going to like it. Becuase I KNOW I'm not going to run out and buy new bedding again anytime soon. Kohls has a set on display in the store that has grabbed my eye. It's a muted lavender, white and gray. Gray blackout curtains look much easier to come by.
The pattern may not be something you would like, but these are the curtains we have (they also come in grey). They keep the light out wonderfully! My husband usually sleeps until 1 pm because of his schedule, and our room stays nice and dark for him.
91G+VyFYtRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0833D96N6/?tag=thecatsite

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Marianos this evening because they have baby bok choy and Jewel doesn't, and I'm going to introduce it to J this week, and they have a different selection of dairy free ice creams.

Guys, I may have a problem...
View attachment 391334
the chocolate is making a strong come back i see :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I want to try those “just because.” :drool:

The pattern may not be something you would like, but these are the curtains we have (they also come in grey). They keep the light out wonderfully! My husband usually sleeps until 1 pm because of his schedule, and our room stays nice and dark for him.
View attachment 391323

Amazon.com: HLC.ME Mia Moroccan Tile 100% Complete Blackout Shading Thermal Insulated Energy Efficient Heat/Cold Blocking Grommet Heavy Curtain Drapery Panels for Living Room, 2 Panels (52 W x 84 L, Teal Blue): Home & Kitchen
Those are gorgeous! I love jewel tones but I don’t often decorate with them for some reason. I’m going to read the reviews once I get to my laptop.

I think I might just end up ordering the matching curtains and get the panels you attach to the back of your own curtains.

I do like these:
NICETOWN Blackout Curtains Panels for Bedroom - Wave Line with Dots Foil Print Design Noise Reducing Thermal Insulated Solid Ring Top Blackout Window Drapes (2 Panels, 52 x 72 Inch, Gray) Amazon.com: NICETOWN Blackout Curtains Panels for Bedroom - Wave Line with Dots Foil Print Design Noise Reducing Thermal Insulated Solid Ring Top Blackout Window Drapes (2 Panels, 52 x 72 Inch, Gray): Home & Kitchen

They are the brand I have in my kid’s bedrooms.
crushed into powder ritz crackers with seasoning mixed into it makes for good breading for porkchops or chicken
I have a recipe for gluten free shake n bake that tastes amazing. We like it because the gluten free breadcrumbs are crunchier (better than panko to me). I may have to try a batch with crackers instead of breadcrumbs! :yummy: I love being able to tweak the ingredients in the seasoning.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I want to try those “just because.” :drool:

Those are gorgeous! I love jewel tones but I don’t often decorate with them for some reason. I’m going to read the reviews once I get to my laptop.

I think I might just end up ordering the matching curtains and get the panels you attach to the back of your own curtains.

I do like these:
NICETOWN Blackout Curtains Panels for Bedroom - Wave Line with Dots Foil Print Design Noise Reducing Thermal Insulated Solid Ring Top Blackout Window Drapes (2 Panels, 52 x 72 Inch, Gray) Amazon.com: NICETOWN Blackout Curtains Panels for Bedroom - Wave Line with Dots Foil Print Design Noise Reducing Thermal Insulated Solid Ring Top Blackout Window Drapes (2 Panels, 52 x 72 Inch, Gray): Home & Kitchen

They are the brand I have in my kid’s bedrooms.

I have a recipe for gluten free shake n bake that tastes amazing. We like it because the gluten free breadcrumbs are crunchier (better than panko to me). I may have to try a batch with crackers instead of breadcrumbs! :yummy: I love being able to tweak the ingredients in the seasoning.
Ooh, love those blackout curtains. Had to stick them on my wish list, just in case.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like these:

They are the brand I have in my kid’s bedroom
We looked at those ones! We came close to buying them until I saw the teal ones and decided that our room was going to be navy, graylac, and teal.

I also like the other ones you posted with the matching comforter.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh, love those blackout curtains. Had to stick them on my wish list, just in case.
I think if the matching purple panels were sheer I’d get the gray for sure! I know I like the look and feel of the ones in my kid’s rooms. And they work SO well!
We looked at those ones! We came close to buying them until I saw the teal ones and decided that our room was going to be navy, graylac, and teal.

I also like the other ones you posted with the matching comforter.
I really like the gray ones; but trying to match the purple; especially online, is just frustrating. I think it will be easier to find a gray sheer than the right shade of purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.