The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does it mean?
According to Indian legend, it means someone close to you is going to die. This is probably because an owl out during the day more than likely has rabies. Who knows where legends and lore comes from.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is probably because an owl out during the day more than likely has rabies.
Birds don't get rabies (OK, interesting, I Googled that and apparently it's theoretically possible but there has only been one natural case. Not usually anyway).

Eh, there's probably some culture somewhere that thinks owls are good luck so they'll cancel each other out :D.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
kashmir64
owl means contact with the other world, receiving important revelations, including about someone's death, but their range is much wider)

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My youngest nephew recently told his nana he likes girl things because they are pretty. He got a fire station for Christmas but was more excited about his sister's American doll kitchen set. My poor brother 😂

You do you, my little dude. And whether this is just a phase (which is honestly probably is) or an actual sign, he'll always have my full support. I'll paint his nails and do his makeup if he asks lol

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I'm getting better. I'm so weak today, I can hardly walk and I'm nauseous all the time. Now, there is thick phlegm in my lungs and my breathing is shallow.

I have no interest in food and I've only been able to drink stuff like tea and juice.

My headache also won't go away and my heart is still racing.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I'm getting better. I'm so weak today, I can hardly walk and I'm nauseous all the time. Now, there is thick phlegm in my lungs and my breathing is shallow.

I have no interest in food and I've only been able to drink stuff like tea and juice.

My headache also won't go away and my heart is still racing.
It sounds as iif you are dehydrated. I think a trip to the ER is in order.

The headache, nausea, racing heartbeat, being so weak that walking is difficult, shallow breathing; are all associated with dehydration. Not Something to take lightly.

You really need to take care of this with medical intervention, before things worsen.

You could also have pneumonia.

Please go to the ER. ((Hugs)))

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds as iif you are dehydrated. I think a trip to the ER is in order.

The headache, nausea, racing heartbeat, being so weak that walking is difficult, shallow breathing; are all associated with dehydration. Not Something to take lightly.

You really need to take care of this with medical intervention, before things worsen.

You could also have pneumonia.

Please go to the ER. ((Hugs)))
Oh, that's just great. I really wish the doctor had listened to me the first time. I kept trying to explain my symptoms to them and I felt as if they were dismissing them.

They also told me that my racing heart wasn't normal but did nothing to address it or look into it further.

The nurse actually manually shut the machine off so that it would stop beeping.

My mom bought me Tylenol syrup and I took that about 45 minutes ago. I don't have a fever anymore.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Soapbox time:

There are tons of toy drives at Christmas, and kids are hauled in to open presents or just have the toys handed to them while the donors feel good about themselves. And, come Christmas morning, there's still nothing under the tree for these kids because the donor adults wanted to see the kids get presents. It seems to me the parents of the needy kids should be given the presents, either wrapped or with wrapping provided, for Santa to bring. And there are events where you just have to show up with a kid in tow to get toys, whether you can afford to buy your own or not. Just be greedy and take them. They're free. There are holiday meals that are the same way. And when the holiday is over, everyone is forgotten again. Shouldn't charity be a year-round thing? 'Nuff said.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes wonder if that's partly to make sure the kids actually get the gifts. There are a lot of trashy parents who would sell the stuff for drugs or alcohol and maybe they're hoping that if the kids see the stuff, the parents won't have the heart to do it. Won't stop all of them, though. Or maybe I'm just cynical.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I helped with two different toy drives. One gathered toys for foster children. The motorcycles were gaily decorated and their trailers were filled with gifts for specific kids, with a few generic spares.We were not allowed to take photos, supposedly for the kids' safety. Makes no sense to me. The kids still wound up with nothing from Santa, but at least they did get gifts specifically for them.

The other was Postal employee sponsored drive. People would send letters to Santa. Most were the run of the mill letters from kids and they all got a generic response. We never promised those kids anything because we didn't know if they would get anything or not. However, we also had special letters, what we called the "greedys" and "needs". The greedy were serious, outrageous requests for things such as "Please give me a car because I'm always late when I ride the bus and I don't want to take an earlier one." It was some of the needy ones that broke our hearts. "We're living in a tent under a bridge. Our son's wheelchair broke. All we want is to have it fixed so he can get around again." Yes, we got it fixed. Or the family of 12, including a grandfather with dementia and a special needs child who only wanted their electric bill paid so they could be warm and avoid eviction. We paid it and arranged for a couple of months extra. There's nothing your letter carrier doesn't know, so if we got a letter requesting help, we'd ask the carrier to check it out. Then we all chipped in and tried to buy what was needed, whether it were food, clothing, toys, or bills paid. The gifts would be wrapped (and sometimes even a tree and decorations provided) and delivered for Santa to give, or in the case of food or bills, as soon as possible. We started in September, but the biggest part of the work was in December, when every one of us was working hard 7/12. We all loved doing it.

Our office would also adopt a family, but we didn't stop with Christmas. We helped all year long. That's they way it should be.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one who loves this song? I was listening to Neil Diamond butcher it last night. It's one of those you have to really deep-down understand to sing it well. There are a lot who emote it or use complex harmonies, but this is the version I think understands it best.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, lots of news. I went to the doctor today and I'm having a . . . *drumroll, please* . . . girl! Woohoo!

Also, I talked to my biological father on the phone for about an hour today. I matched with his sister, he remembers my mom, and he was in Iowa at the right time. When I first found out that Fake Father 1 wasn't my real dad, I asked my Aunt Jody - who was hanging out with my mom around that time - if she knew anything and she said that my mother told her it was some guy building the Wal*Mart. Well, that gave me nothing to go on. But it turns out, that was true! My father was working construction and building the new Wal*Mart. A name would have been helpful.

The whole family is being really welcoming. I've talked to 2 of his sisters on Facebook today. I have 2 younger sisters, but they don't know about me, yet. Ed (father) said he's going to call them this evening and tell them. My head is spinning. It's all so overwhelming, but exciting. He lives in Florida, so meeting face to face won't happen right away. Plans will be made, though. I barely know what to think.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anyone who makes it please let me know how you like it.
WOW!!

On my mind? I'm in-between, Christmas isn't really quite over in my mind yet and New year's hasn't gotten here ...

Am I the only one who loves this song?
No :)
I guess Leonard Cohen said that Bon Jovi was his favorite.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one who loves this song? I was listening to Neil Diamond butcher it last night. It's one of those you have to really deep-down understand to sing it well. There are a lot who emote it or use complex harmonies, but this is the version I think understands it best.

One of my faves, I like K.D.Lang's version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.