The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Some very heavily weighted thoughts in this thread, while I'm just a dumbass thinking of beer and wings. :smash:
Chicken Fingers with savory Buffalo sauce is my favorite thing-cayenne pepper sauce..yummmm!!!!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties Prayers for your friends-yes we have had coworkers and I have had friends/family do this awful thing-even though I do understand-but one was because they felt trapped with this lady-and he was older-almost retirement age-I just shocked...A family member has been struggling with this on and off for years..they have been in the ward to try to get meds regulated...it's heartbreaking and very hard to deal with..HUGS AND PRAYERS

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6

Mia6 Mia6 yes but she is too restless to get a good picture or she was under the couch..

View attachment 302003
Internet on here is super slow today. Will try to post more later.
She is sweet and friendly. I hope I can find a home for her-a senior who is home all the time-she likes to sit next to you on the couch or sleep on a cat bed. I haven't played with her yet to see what she likes, she has scratched on her scratching post that lays flat on the floor-she's probably got some pain from being overweight so would like to work on a slow reduction of weight once she is in a permenant home or if she stays with me permenantly. I probably end up keeping her-seems no one wants an older gentle cat-Bee will come around- I was able to snuggle with her last night and this morning-she slept next to Jon on her blanket but wanted to follow the new kitty around the house=which earned a growl from Lila. So we shall see-I expected cat fights and snarling last night-there was no noise from them-so maybe it will be ok...

Just one of those things, I like having just one cat=less vet bills, less mess, less poop scooping but sometimes it's good to do something good for someone else-my hope is when he gets settled in Texas or wherever he moves to-that he buys a home down there and we can drive her to Texas and be reunited with her daddy...
That is nice of you to take his cat. The cat is beautiful.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat I inherited the beloved bonded pair of my dear friend who took her own life, per the correspondence she left with her instructions. Her first choice was their vet, but they could not adopt them. I did. They were not only beloved of me in their own right, but they were also living connections to their caregiver, who was one of my best friends.
Feliway can really help with meowing and stress while moving. The two airlifts I had to do, described elsewhere earlier, went without a hitch or a meow all the way to the airport -- 100 miles -- as two transports of six cats each settled into their carriers which were lined with foam and sprayed with Feliway. They arrived at their destination just fine, according to the receivers.
A catio by any name is a very good build! And yes, more doors are always better. We're very fortunate to have a lot of them here. VERY good insurance for keeping cats safe indoors!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Internet on here is super slow today
It's not just you and it's not just today. The last two evenings, everyone I play my video game with has been complaining about their slow internet and lag. From WA, CO, AZ, ND and even VA.
Makes me wonder just what is going on with the web.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lila was hiding in the closet in master bathroom and there was no soft bed or anything-so I fixed that-I got her out, carried her to her room-she didn't hiss this time-and kept her in there for 4 hours-kind of a time out for her as she was petrified-she used the box and ate some treats but still not eating food-so I got some of Bee's kibble and she ate some of that...this morning looked like someone ate some of her kibble-not sure if it's bee or her.

Jon let her out at 10ish when he came home-he crawled around the floor talking to her, Bee was sleeping on her blanket on the bed. I was woken up in the middle night with Bee climbed on top of me making biscuits and purring. I think she's still having issues with the bowels so I started back her miralax and this time put the water in a syringe with it diluted=she drank it happily...I still do the canned pumpkin daily but I think the pumpkin is giving her gas. So I will go back to what has always worked-she's also on fiber food from the vets-doesn't seem to be making any difference. I also changed the water to bottled water=since she didn't have this problem when we were at the camp for 3 weeks-it was lake water-she didn't need any help-so I am wondering if there's high iron in my water that's giving the household issues with this...

I noticed the new cat makes huge Pee balls-could be normal for her-but I want to get some blood work done when we go to the vets to get her shots done-she seems ok and healthy-eyes nice and clear-no sneezing or discharge. Fur nice and sleek. No one has trimmed her claws so probably have that done too.

There was no fighting last night so I am feeling better about keeping her long term...it sure takes them a long time to come around, doesn't it? Bee never hid nor did Floey. Only Pumps hid. I am not used to scaredy kitties...but Bee was under the bed watching Lila walk around the master bathroom...Bee always goes under the bed in the morning...she has her routine.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat Sounds like she will settle in nicely. Does Bee have constipation?
Mia6 Mia6 yes. She was inside all day with the other cat yesterday and only left a pee ball The other cat Pees ALOT. So I started up Miralax with bee-since that's what's always worked but I put it in tuna=this time made it in a shot glass-hot water-mixed and then put in syringe. Bee drank it up happily=I will do this daily=so much easier than trying to get her to eat wet food.

The other cat still isn't eating other than treats-I put down some of Bee's kibble and hers-she picked at a few pieces=her breathe stinks so I am wondering if she needs a dental exam/cleaning.

Oh I dumped all water and used bottled water-wish I bottled the lake water from vacation-we didn't use any pumpkin or miralax and Bee was pooping daily...then we came home-using town well water-and now backed up-wonder if high iron is causing this problem-so gonna switch to bottled water and see if that helps. Bee had a tummy ache this morning. No vomiting but she had an asthma attack yesterday but we shut off the air purifier since Saturday-so turned it on-told Jon stop shutting it off=the girls were still cautious of each other this morning-but Jon said Lila was playing with some toys overnight-so she's coming around..slowly.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could be either but I've never had that experience with someone I met online before. I mean face to face, in person. Let's say you met them at a function or at a book club, walking your dog, something like that. :blush:
Yep. And he has become one of my very dearest friends. What's funny is that we very often talk in unison, very often almost word for word.

, I just don't want to unintentionally overfeed them.
At that age, you won't. They can eat as much as they want, and should be fed three times a day. It is impossible to overfeed kittens that age. They'll burn off every bit of it. Start tapering off in a couple or three months, but for now, STUFF their faces.

BTW...It took me until now to catch the double entendre of your screen name. I almost fell off the chair laughing. I MUST be getting old, not to have spotted that until now!

And I am SO sorry about your friend. I wish for them healing of body, mind and spirit..

I might be pregnant. I'm not telling any family or anything until I'm sure. Just my best friend. We've been trying for a few months and this morning, I got a VERY faint line. Fingers crossed! Aedan needs a little brother or sister. We're hoping for a sister.
YAY! Saw the second test! HEY GUYS...WE'RE PREGNANT! The best kind of pregnant there is...someone else is carrying it!

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
at that age, you won't. They can eat as much as they want, and should be fed three times a day. It is impossible to overfeed kittens that age. They'll burn off every bit of it. Start tapering off in a couple or three months, but for now, STUFF their faces.

BTW...It took me until now to catch the double entendre of your screen name. I almost fell off the chair laughing. I MUST be getting old, not to have spotted that until now!

And I am SO sorry about your friend. I wish for them healing of body, mind and spirit..
I gave them a 3oz can each and that seemed to fill them up more than splitting one. They weren't demanding a second breakfast the moment they saw me, so that's good. But they do eat three times usually. Lately they've eaten four times in a day.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about overfeeding right now, though. The last thing I want is for my boys to get health problems due to obesity.

Lol finding a username that doesn't already exist is a pain in the butt. I also just thought it was funny. I'm glad it could give you a good laugh.

Thanks. They seem to have a clearer head after a few days in the hospital. They said they aren't actively suicidal. Things just kept piling up and then something happened that made them snap. They've agreed to get counseling and work things out.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww
Mia6 Mia6 yes. She was inside all day with the other cat yesterday and only left a pee ball The other cat Pees ALOT. So I started up Miralax with bee-since that's what's always worked but I put it in tuna=this time made it in a shot glass-hot water-mixed and then put in syringe. Bee drank it up happily=I will do this daily=so much easier than trying to get her to eat wet food.

The other cat still isn't eating other than treats-I put down some of Bee's kibble and hers-she picked at a few pieces=her breathe stinks so I am wondering if she needs a dental exam/cleaning.

Oh I dumped all water and used bottled water-wish I bottled the lake water from vacation-we didn't use any pumpkin or miralax and Bee was pooping daily...then we came home-using town well water-and now backed up-wonder if high iron is causing this problem-so gonna switch to bottled water and see if that helps. Bee had a tummy ache this morning. No vomiting but she had an asthma attack yesterday but we shut off the air purifier since Saturday-so turned it on-told Jon stop shutting it off=the girls were still cautious of each other this morning-but Jon said Lila was playing with some toys overnight-so she's coming around..slowly.
We had a problem with Lena, my in-laws cat, who came to live with us when my m.i.l. had to move in with her daughter. She hid underneath the kitchen sink in the cabinet. She wouldn't eat but was peeing. This went on for 3 days. On the 4th day I called a vet who, (she would always be her vet), told me this was normal in a cat who had never been anywhere let alone move. She said if Lena didn't eat by the next morning, bring her in and they would give her something to simulate her appetite. She ate that night. She woke me up
by scratching the bed sheets around 2:am. After that she settled in nicely.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise

We've been doing this for only a couple days now and it seems to be working. Only problem? Fayola always finishes her food first and the one and only time she is kind to Felix is when she wants his. She will purr and walk close to him, try to rub on him, until he walks away from his food. :flail:

Edit: It didn't work this time. There was mutual hissing and Fayola realized she wasn't getting anything.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20191002_055226.jpg

20191002_055142.jpg

20191002_055210.jpg

20191002_051448.jpg

Well I locked Lila in her room last night from 5pm to 8pm. She slept in the window on the bed I built the cats-she wasn't hiding in there but hides in the house. I think she likes having a break from Bee. She ate some wet food last night and a few bites of kibble. I have been dumping the food every 12 hours cause it looses it's smell. Bee is still mad.

I let her out out of the room at 8pm-she was waiting for me to open the door-which means she's coming around.
I don't know where she slept-but Bee came up on me around midnight and stayed until 3ish. I don't sleep well and kept waking up. I woke at 4am and she was gone.

When I woke for work at 5am-I turned on the light and Lila came out from under the bar chair-we have a robe hanging so it makes a cave-which she likes. She tends to stick to hidden areas-If I could build a cave tunnel all around the room, she would love it. Bee was growling this morning.

I think Bee finally Pooped yesterday as she had a mess on her butt-but she was growly=she came outside with me yesterday for an hour to give her a break from Lila and let Lila roam the house.

This morning I made up another solution of miralax and water for Bee. Gave her her puffs, then she drank water from the syringe-but I put too much water in the shot glass, so I had to give it in 4 syringes=she lapped it up but growled because Lila was walking around the floor and playing with Bee's toys...Bee was NOT happy...so after 30 minutes, Lila ran into her bedroom when I walked to the bathroom and I shut the door to her room-told Jon she's eating breakfast=leave her in there for 3 hours=gives Bee a break from being stressed out and Lila has a safe place to run to when she's had enough of Bee glaring at her.

I am really surprised that Bee is being such a bugger head. When Bee came to my home, she chased the other cats but her tail was up and ears forward, she was playing...It's not been a year since Pumps has been gone, Dec 1 2018, and Bee is turning into a brat!!

As the hours go on, Lila seems to be settling in. She is finally eating regular food but no poops yet. I still giving them bottled water. There wasn't as big puddle of pee from Lila this time-the owner said she drinks out of the toilet and the shower-we keep our toilet clean and don't use chemicals in the tank/bowel. We use baking soda and vinegar then scrub and flush.

I got some vacuuming done too-the master bathroom and the livingroom and hallway...I hope they become friends but right now Bee is pretty mad...

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chicken Fingers with savory Buffalo sauce is my favorite thing-cayenne pepper sauce..yummmm!!!!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties Prayers for your friends-yes we have had coworkers and I have had friends/family do this awful thing-even though I do understand-but one was because they felt trapped with this lady-and he was older-almost retirement age-I just shocked...A family member has been struggling with this on and off for years..they have been in the ward to try to get meds regulated...it's heartbreaking and very hard to deal with..HUGS AND PRAYERS

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy and Finny decided to team up today. They opened the kitchen closet and dragged out the ziplock bag that had what was left of their Solid Gold kibble (emergency back up food), chewed a hole in the bag and then proceeded to pig out...

They have been so mischevious lately. Like give mama's blood pressure a break here lol

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke too soon. Lilah tried to swat at bee this morning..last night lilah howled at bee because she got within 2 feet of her, bee was scared all night huddling with her daddy while lilah glared at her from the chair...then this morning bee was on couch and lilah came charging at her and I stomped my foot to stop her from completing the contact-the claws were out and lilah was howling...I was able to distract Lilah and lure her with food into her room and shut the door...bee is pretty upset..

this morning someone from work expressed interest in Lilah so we may have a permanent home set up. I love Lilah but it's Bees house FIRST and if this cat is going to charge and scare bee=then she needs to find a new home-and this home would be an indoor only and she would be the only cat...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Teddy and Finny decided to team up today. They opened the kitchen closet and dragged out the ziplock bag that had what was left of their Solid Gold kibble (emergency back up food), chewed a hole in the bag and then proceeded to pig out...

They have been so mischevious lately. Like give mama's blood pressure a break here lol
Our beloved angel Sishya used to do this. She was very shady about it. It was impossible to be mad at someone so irresistibly adorable, though.
IMG_1009.JPG
*Sneeshus Snowshoe*

Status
Not open for further replies.