The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, New York leads the nation. *One down, 49 to go!*
And yes to everyone who's furious at these moronic, soulless, heartless idiots described above. *from a happy, healthy, compassionate, cat-loving person raised from Day 1 "with cat" with full claws. He was the sweetest best friend and "big brofur" in the world! and his "little brofur" also had full claws, and was more complex in his personality. If you don't love your cat(s) unconditionally, like they love you, then by all means, DO NOT share life with cats because you do not deserve their love.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, New York leads the nation. *One down, 49 to go!*
And yes to everyone who's furious at these moronic, soulless, heartless idiots described above. *from a happy, healthy, compassionate, cat-loving person raised from Day 1 "with cat" with full claws. He was the sweetest best friend and "big brofur" in the world! and his "little brofur" also had full claws, and was more complex in his personality. If you don't love your cat(s) unconditionally, like they love you, then by all means, DO NOT share life with cats because you do not deserve their love.
But please, tell us how you really feel.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to get ALL of CAT's kittens fixed before I let anyone have one. Then I am going to make them sign a contract that the cat will be kept inside (or on a catio). Nobody I know around me would do that. I have already told several people that they will NEVER get one of the kittens because of their attitude about cats - disposable outdoor pest control and kitten factories.

If this means I will have to keep them all, so be it.

Podoko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I should probably start seeing my therapist again because there is too much change going on and I can't handle it.... we had power out where I work all weekend so I only had to work today before having two days off... only to see the boss adjusted the schedule this morning and put me on for tomorrow to 'make up for lost hours'. Maybe you know, ask me first? She said she was going to talk to me about it during my shift and I am thinking 'Why not a call this morning when I was at home and you were making the schedule?' Just because I am not going out or doing anything specific people can't just interrupt my specifically doing nothing and being away from humans time.

Usually I don't freak out about things but wow the anxiety took off, my stomach hurt for my whole shift, and I had to go to the bathroom to try not to cry (and I am absolutely not a crier).

Rant. I don't do things or go out with people or really have friends because I am very solitary, so messing with my planned solitude tears me up before I can try to be calm about it. Yes I am one of those reclusive cat folks with only cats for close friends, lol. Thankfully someone else is working it now, awww yeah. Otherwise I would be hissing all day at work whenever the register was empty.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should probably start seeing my therapist again because there is too much change going on and I can't handle it.... we had power out where I work all weekend so I only had to work today before having two days off... only to see the boss adjusted the schedule this morning and put me on for tomorrow to 'make up for lost hours'. Maybe you know, ask me first? She said she was going to talk to me about it during my shift and I am thinking 'Why not a call this morning when I was at home and you were making the schedule?' Just because I am not going out or doing anything specific people can't just interrupt my specifically doing nothing and being away from humans time.

Usually I don't freak out about things but wow the anxiety took off, my stomach hurt for my whole shift, and I had to go to the bathroom to try not to cry (and I am absolutely not a crier).

Rant. I don't do things or go out with people or really have friends because I am very solitary, so messing with my planned solitude tears me up before I can try to be calm about it. Yes I am one of those reclusive cat folks with only cats for close friends, lol. Thankfully someone else is working it now, awww yeah. Otherwise I would be hissing all day at work whenever the register was empty.
It was kind of inconsiderate of her not to at least run it by you, but that's how work is for so many people these days, unfortunately (which is one reason why there's so much work-related stress, right?) Hope somehow it isn't so bad, and that some good things happen to take the sting out of it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling pretty uneasy tonight. It's dark, it's pouring down rain, and I was just frightened by an Amber Alert. I feel like such a child, but I can't help it :(
Can you get some C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy), Katie M Katie M ? It's best for what ails you and in any situation where you need to feel better. Rev up the purring machine. Guaranteed to make you feel better.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get some C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy), Katie M Katie M ? It's best for what ails you and in any situation where you need to feel better. Rev up the purring machine. Guaranteed to make you feel better.
Selene's sleeping on me at the moment. She's helping a bit, but it's not an easy feeling to shake off.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I set the trap, waited 2 whole hours for one of the kittens to show up. Kitten comes, walks right in, eats the food, and then walks right back out.

I'm confused. I take the trap inside and press on the trigger plate. Nothing. I move the latch slightly and the trap closes. So, tonight, I learned that there is a problem with the latch. If it's not positioned just right, no cat for you.

We'll try again tomorrow night. Not going to let that happen again.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's actually good. If the cat has eaten in the trap once and nothing happened, they're more likely to let their guard down the next time they eat in the trap. When you have trap-shy cats, the protocol is to wire the trap open and let them eat there for a week or so, and then they'll waltz right in when the trap is actually set. So it's all going well!

Just make sure the trap is set properly next time. And also make sure it's set so the door locks---I once lost a feral that way, he never went back in the trap either :/.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling pretty uneasy tonight. It's dark, it's pouring down rain, and I was just frightened by an Amber Alert. I feel like such a child, but I can't help it :(
Are you ok now? :alright:

@Kat0121 So Lilith had an argument with a squirrel. ha!!! Squirrels can be so mouthy! I have a large number of them living in my yard and they do love to bicker.

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just had to give my dog Maia and kitty Libby both flea baths. Libby was surprisingly amazing about it! She fussed a little, but no worse than Maia! She was all snuggly with my mum when we were drying her off, and then she decided she wanted snuggle time with me not five minutes after the bath!

We will not have such a luxury with Heidi and Kitty Riley. Heidi is a Definitely Kevlar Required (DKR) kitty and Kitty Riley isn't very far behind. If we tried this with Heidi she wouldn't forgive us for a week (judging from the way she acts around meds).

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Are you ok now? :alright:

@Kat0121 So Lilith had an argument with a squirrel. ha!!! Squirrels can be so mouthy! I have a large number of them living in my yard and they do love to bicker.
I live in a building that has a half-submerged garage underneath and I live on the second floor. The squirrels come all the way up and sit on the outside of the enclosed patio making all that noise whenever one of my cats is out there. They seem to know that they are safe as my cats know that they will never catch one of those noise makers and just watch although
052515 015 (600x800).jpg
052515 016 (600x800).jpg
052515 017 (600x800).jpg
052515 018 (600x800).jpg
052515 019 (600x800).jpg
052515 020 (600x800).jpg
052515 021 (600x800) (2).jpg
052515 022 (600x800) (600x800).jpg
Capucchino was once quite intrigued but gave up after a while.

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt What a beautiful environment -- love all your chimes! I have a couple up, still -- and a few that need restringing. That looks like a pretty big squirrel! They live here, too, and they do cuss a lot. They'll sit up on the power lines and switch their tails and talk trash about cats, other squirrels, birds, humans...the list is seemingly endless.
I get those feelings, too, Katie M Katie M . Glad to read you're feeling better now. I know, it's not easy to shake when you have that going on. I don't like it at all!
Good that you found the problem, Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily -- those traps are very sensitive. Mine has done the same thing.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily -- those traps are very sensitive. Mine has done the same thing.
Yes, I had to play around with it a lot more before I got the latch in the slot just right to ensure it will fall when triggered. I went ahead and bought a 42" dog crate to keep the kittens in. So, I'm prepared for the most part. Really nervous but prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.