The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in desperate need of a shower, but Aedan won't take a nap today so I can get one. And I'm just not comfortable letting him run loose for 10 minutes so I can get one. I can't hear him while I'm under the water and no amount of baby proofing is gonna cut it with this one. He's constantly finding a way to get hold of something he's not supposed to have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When hubby gets home, he can watch him for a while so you can take a shower.
There's nothing like a hot shower to rejuvenate you.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gotta say, I love having a group of friends who band together when one of has a problem. A little backstory. My friend Kirby - the one who has Marcy - has a son who's father is a piece of garbage and his grandmother is just awful. Several years ago, the grandmother gave Keaton (Kirby's son) a tablet - with her credit card attached. Kirby didn't know the card was attached to the tablet. Keaton was 4. Over the next year, year and a half, Keaton ran up $2500 in credit card charges buying boosters for games. The grandmother didn't say a word. On Keaton's birthday, she had Kirby arrested. She had it in her head that she could get custody of Keaton. Didn't work. Kirby was charged with credit card fraud and ordered to make payments for the charges. Fast forward to today. Kirby apparently got behind on the payments. She was arrested today. Our entire group of friends from high school have been messaging back and forth trying to figure out where Keaton is - we only knew she was arrested because one of our friends has a cop friend. Finally found out Keaton is with Kirby's dad (who never helps Kirby out so it was a surprise). Anyway, now we have about 3 backup plans for Keaton depending on whether or not Kirby's dad is gonna take care of him until she gets out of jail and how long she'll be in jail. And I'm going to visiting hours tonight to get her house key to give to another friend who lives a few blocks away from Kirby so she can take care of Marcy. It's such a mess. Kirby shouldn't have been charged in the first place. Who gives a 4 year old a tablet with a credit card attached and no purchase password??? And waits over a year to say anything while the child stacks up thousands of dollars in charges???

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Kirby already had everything taken care of. She was arrested at work. She's on a $50,000 cash only bond for being $50 behind. Seriously? Her boss is helping her out; she already has the house key and she's going to feed Marcy and Kirby goes to court on Thursday and should get released and told to pay it. She had the cash on her and she was going to go pay it after work. It's ridiculous!!!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, all those little games have constant pop ups wanting you to buy things. A small child - especially one who can't even read - is just gonna touch the pop-ups. And without any kind of password, the purchase is going to go through. Heck, when Aedan was 6 months old, he grabbed my tablet while I was in the bathroom and made a $20 purchase. Imagine how much damage a 4 year old can do in a year! Well, you don't have to - it comes to about $2500!!!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and let's not forget that Kirby is a single mother doing the best she can and has never received a cent from her son's father. Maybe they should just deduct the credit card charges from the back child support owed and tell the woman to get the money from her deadbeat son! Sorry, I'm just really ticked off by all of this.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took up a cup on the table and it was just sitting there with water in it. I didn't even notice, turned it over and right all over my computer. Now, some of the keys aren't working...
Shake it out as much as you can. Then let it dry thoroughly. Put it in rice if you have enough, or on top of a heating vent or in front of a fan or anything that might make it dry faster. Leave it for at least 24 hours (you'll have internet withdrawals!). I think it should work after that; keyboards don't get ruined that easily.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some of that air duster stuff. Stuff has gotten knocked on my laptop more times than I'd care to remember. Baby, remember? LOL. John has my turn it completely off and spray the crap out of it with air duster. It seems to work. I'm not having any problems with it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
May I ask where you got that cat tree from? Felix would never come down in this lifetime! :flail:
I see you got answers on that. And I'm lucky, Hekitty isn't a destructive cat now. Five years ago, it would already be toast, but now, with the "elebentyseben" scratchers ALL OVER THE HOUSE, and her more sedentary lifestyle, this will last. Although...if PCH ever comes to my door with that $5000 a week for life, I'm going to get her THIS:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SPIT! The picture won't come out. So here's the URL.

Enchanted Forest Kitty Sanctuary

I think it would run about $3,500, plus another almost that much for shipping, but I'd get it for my girl if I had the money.
That looks amazing! But we have kids - we'll never have that kind of money lying around. Haha

Carrot had to go to the vet today. It looks like one of the girls scratched him across the face and got him in the eye. View attachment 269957
Poor Carrot! :(

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it that step mothers are always depicted as evil? I said something on a Facebook post about Aedan and Aislyn sharing a room when he's bigger and moves out of our room. I got reamed saying she deserves to have her own space and not feel like she doesn't belong her. Ok, she's here on school holidays and for the summer. Aedan is here all the time. How is it fair to keep him crowded in our room and leave the second bedroom empty half the time? Doesn't he deserve a space, too? And why would it hurt them to share? Sure, once puberty hits, we're going to have to figure out different arrangements, but that's years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.