The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pumpkin spice Cheerios were ok, but the pumpkin spice Frosted Flakes got soggy way too fast. I don't like eating mush. I'll check another store soon for the Shredded Wheat. I haven't tried the pumpkin spice Special K, but they will probably get soggy quick too.
Maybe I'll just stick with the Nutter Butter cereal. It's sooo good.
Oh, I've got to try Nutter Butter cereal! I love Nutter Butter cookies so I'll probably like the cereal. Probably loaded with sugar but once in a while won't hurt. Hee hee

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Inspection is done. Maybe they just don't like our neighbor or something but they didn't nitpick or go all out like the said they would.
Poor Mickey, though. He didn't come out from under the kitty sitter's bed. He didn't eat, drink, poop, or pee the whole day and a half he was gone. He came home, went straight to the litter box, and peed for like a full minute. That can't be healthy, can it? Could he have done any damage to himself?
I'm sure glad this is only once a year! I'm gonna have to figure out some way to make it less stressful for him next year.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I promise to go back and read everything I missed over the next couple of days!

WELL...I have a new bed, and slept like a baby. No more broken boxsprings sitting on blocks. I also have bedside tables...no more boxes! And next week I get my hearing aids. They were fitted on Friday of last week, and when I put on the "tester" set, I sat there and cried. I could hear EVERYTHING! They aren't sure about my left ear yet, but I'll be able to hear crickets and birdsong again with at LEAST my right ear, for the first time in 30 years.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Mickey, though. He didn't come out from under the kitty sitter's bed. He didn't eat, drink, poop, or pee the whole day and a half he was gone. He came home, went straight to the litter box, and peed for like a full minute. That can't be healthy, can it? Could he have done any damage to himself?
Is it good for him? No, of course not. Did he do any kind of permanent damage to himself? I doubt it.

I made it on my school's President's List :woo: :bunnydance: :jive:
:celebrate::dance::party::party3::woohoo:
  1. Congratulations!
  2. Somehow, I'm not at all surprised.
Margret

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it possible to develop allergies to animals overtime? My cousin got a new dog. When I went over to her house the other day, I was sneezing like crazy and my skin was on fire. Eyes watery and red, the whole works. Then I remembered that when my mom and I use to take our dog to puppy classes, I'd always have a reaction. Today, when I hugged Felix and rubbed my face on his face, I broke out in hives all around my eyes. . .

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it possible to develop allergies to animals overtime? My cousin got a new dog. When I went over to her house the other day, I was sneezing like crazy and my skin was on fire. Eyes watery and red, the whole works. Then I remembered that when my mom and I use to take our dog to puppy classes, I'd always have a reaction. Today, when I hugged Felix and rubbed my face on his face, I broke out in hives all around my eyes. . .
  1. Yes, it is possible to develop an allergy over time. I'm allergic to Neosporin, but I didn't used to be.
  2. It doesn't sound like that's what this is. It sounds like this is the same allergy you had as a child. However, the fact that you were allergic to other dogs as a child, but not your own dog, makes me wonder whether you're really allergic to the shampoo they're using when they wash the dog.
Margret

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I promise to go back and read everything I missed over the next couple of days!

WELL...I have a new bed, and slept like a baby. No more broken boxsprings sitting on blocks. I also have bedside tables...no more boxes! And next week I get my hearing aids. They were fitted on Friday of last week, and when I put on the "tester" set, I sat there and cried. I could hear EVERYTHING! They aren't sure about my left ear yet, but I'll be able to hear crickets and birdsong again with at LEAST my right ear, for the first time in 30 years.
I'm so happy for you! How wonderful that you can hear so well now. That made me all teary eyed.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it good for him? No, of course not. Did he do any kind of permanent damage to himself? I doubt it.

:celebrate::dance::party::party3::woohoo:
  1. Congratulations!
  2. Somehow, I'm not at all surprised.
Margret
I don't know how he managed it. I sure wouldn't be able to hold it for that long. My bladder would burst or something. I just hope he doesn't wind up with some kind of bladder infection from it. He seems fine now, though. He's acting like completely normal.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Yes, it is possible to develop an allergy over time. I'm allergic to Neosporin, but I didn't used to be.
  2. It doesn't sound like that's what this is. It sounds like this is the same allergy you had as a child. However, the fact that you were allergic to other dogs as a child, but not your own dog, makes me wonder whether you're really allergic to the shampoo they're using when they wash the dog.
Margret
Well, my dog now is hypoallergenic I'm assuming. She grows hair, not fur. And she barely sheds. I don't have a reaction to her hair, just her saliva. If she licks me, my skin breaks out in hives. She is a chihuahua/shih tzu mix. If I don't shave her every 2 weeks, her hair grows and grows and grows until she looks like a shaggy black wig. Probably time I updated my allergy test. A clinic I took Felix to for his thyroid issue is hiring and I sent in my resume but now I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea to work there.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my dog now is hypoallergenic I'm assuming. She grows hair, not fur. And she barely sheds. I don't have a reaction to her hair, just her saliva. If she licks me, my skin breaks out in hives. She is a chihuahua/shih tzu mix. If I don't shave her every 2 weeks, her hair grows and grows and grows until she looks like a shaggy black wig. Probably time I updated my allergy test. A clinic I took Felix to for his thyroid issue is hiring and I sent in my resume but now I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea to work there.
I had a horse (my soul mate Arabian) that anywhere I touched him, except the palms of my hands, I would break out in a rash. Almost hive like. No other horse, just him. I had 9 (full sized) horses at one time, so I know it wasn't his shampoo. I figured his skin put out a natural oil that didn't mix well with my skin. The only other time I've ever had a reaction like this is when I use something (unknowingly) that has a steroid in it.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
So far no allergies in this household but to shellfish which makes me upchuck within an hour or less until I feel like my toes will come up, even just a sauce that had shellfish in it and the pieces had been removed will do it. Needless to say I don't eat anything that I don't know what's in it, egg rolls are a particular problem as some have shrimp in them. So all of you who like shellfish can have my share of lobster, shrimp, mussels, crayfish, clams, etc. I will pig out on salmon, turbot, tuna, halibut, trout, including sardines and kippered herring etc. thank you.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how he managed it. I sure wouldn't be able to hold it for that long. My bladder would burst or something. I just hope he doesn't wind up with some kind of bladder infection from it. He seems fine now, though. He's acting like completely normal.
Keep an eye on him for a week or so, but my guess is that he's fine.

Murphy slipped out the door while I was taking out the trash. I turned around and he was standing next to the door crying. He didn't even take two steps away from the door. I guess I never have to worry about him getting out and running away!
Probably not, but don't rely on it; all sorts of things can happen - cat sees squirrel and goes after it, cat sees dog and runs the wrong way trying to get away from it, all sorts of things you don't expect.

I think my cat got hold of my 50 mg tramadol.

He weighs 11 pounds. Will he be ok
Get him to a vet! That could definitely be an overdose! A human figure is at least 10 times higher than a cat dose!
Almost certainly an overdose. Tramadol is an opiate; if it were my cat I'd be taking him to the closest veterinary E.R., as quickly as possible.

If you're in North America you can call 1-785-532-5679 for the Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital's free poison control hotline for animals - they may be able to give you immediate first aid advice, but even with that an emergency vet visit is warranted.

And please let us know what happens; we worry.

Margret

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted Geoffrey!!
Being trying to get used to each other since Monday afternoon...

Geoffrey:
IMG_1610.JPG

I started a thread for him...

Discovered last night that he eats people food!!

I bought a rotisserie chicken; put it in the refrigerator... an hour later, the refrigerator door has been closed, yet Geoffrey was trying to get in there!!! OMG..

Just now, he is 'covering up' his breakfast, yet he is trying to get into my vanilla yogurt!! OMG>> a people food monster...

And he was trying to get to the small wrappers of Milky Way, in my small trash can... from last night...

Resigned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been allergic to cinnamon for a long time, but recently it seems to have gone away. Weird, but its been known to happen. I'm also sensitive to rosehips of all things.

I just had a very positive meeting with my dissertation committee chair, but now I'm getting nervous because I know I am going to have to propose pretty soon. 0.0 So much to do, so little time. Scary. I'm ready like half a year earlier than my peers, but I don't want to draw this experience out if I can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.