The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow.. the traffic is horrendous today! I think it is because people stayed in yesterday because of the weather... man.. 

A trip, which should have taken me an hour, took me twice as long!! so crazy..

I did have the car windows open; found a radio station which had a Beatles Brunch! so I blasted the car radio!! The sun is shining.. 58 degrees, 2 windows halfway open, wind blowing my hair; I was singing along.. grooving to the music.. I needed that. 

Tried to find the local UPS store. Found the location, but they moved, without a forwarding address!! I was not a happy camper!! The others I found, not in my city, were all closed today (Sunday). Man, I really wanted to ship off the Bose dock. I ended up at my local Staples. They have a UPS shipping station. I asked if they packaged items to ship. ​They only wrap in Bubble Wrap....nothing else!!! RIP OFF..

I was not happy. The choice was either to wait until tomorrow, search out another UPS store, or just suck it up and wrap it myself.  I chose the latter.  

While I was at Staples, I got a box, some more bubble wrap, and another roll of packing tape. I had already wrapped the doc in some bubble wrap, but not enough to ship..

Came home, wrapper that sucker up.. taped the box together.. so much tape and bubble wrap.. That dock ain't moving at all!! And I still have more bubble wrap and packing tape leftover!!

I will just return to Staples tomorrow and ship it off. 

I have the radio on, drinking some flavored sparkling water, windows open a bit, and had a handful of nuts.. just boiled a couple of eggs.. one for my supper, in a salad. I was thinking of Tuna, but Artie is so bad about me eating fish. I just cannot do it. Maybe I will give him a treat..

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just one more post to do today, and I'm off to assemble bookcases.  I always check the "unanswered" list on the forums, and even if I can't help someone, I let them know they are being heard (ESPECIALLY newcomers).  I figure that ups the chance that someone who follows me, and who MAY be able to help, will see the post.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This video of two cats ringing bells to get treats is pretty sweet.   I bet those bells get hidden in a hurry. 
  (Video format not supported here so I had to link to the article.)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

This video of two cats ringing bells to get treats is pretty sweet.   I bet those bells get hidden in a hurry. 
I saw that on Facebook.. so cute...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
well I got tons of photos of miss Bee Kitty last night but she was sure mad at me. I was carrying her and had her on the railing of the deck as it was the only place where it was sunny. Got some good photos of her green eyes with blue sky in the background but she was so mad at me. After the photo session I put her back in the house cause she was chilly-the sun was setting.

Then I spent an hour shoveling various areas in their playground. There's 4 feet of snow. If I don't shovel it the girls wont have their yard available for sniffing around until July! I do this every spring. April 1 the shoveling begins-I have a 10-15 foot drop where the rock wall is behind the house so I just toss all the snow down there. I usually clear off a good sized ramp and area so they can reach the rock wall without stepping in snow. So that was my exercise yesterday.

Then made a salad from those Caesar salad kits. bacon bits n cheese..i also add that rainbow slaw salad to it...so I get some broccoli and lettuce n yummy cheese and bacon and dressing...and a few cookies...they have these crispy lemony thin cookies at the bakery..I don't like thick soft cookies..I like em crunchy.

The funny thing is I woke up this morning with cat treats on my belly. I asked Jon ??? He said she was up on my belly last night..I don't remember..so maybe she comes up when I am dead to the world, he gave her some treats and she missed a few LOL

Pumps was pretty sore last night for some reason despite the steroids so I gave her the liquid pain meds the vet prescribed. She sure HATES the taste of it. but she came back out purring and rubbing...looks like it's back to that every night. I am trying to see if I can get a few hundred dollars together to do 6 sessions of that laser therapy but part of me thinks it's a scam...anyone know anyone who sees an improvement? They jacked up their prices double to what they used to be...and I just can't justify spending that kind of money twice a month...uggg

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have done NOTHING today but emails and TCS!  I must accomplish something.  I think I'll install the safety strap on the ONE bookcase whose box I managed to open, pulling a shoulder muscle in the process (BOY did they glue that thing down!).  At least there will be something I can look at and say, "Well, THAT'S done!"  If the shoulder is back to normal tomorrow, I can start assembly!  

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I saw it on YouTube; it came up under my recommendations. I could not stop laughing the first time I watched it! 

well I got tons of photos of miss Bee Kitty last night but she was sure mad at me. I was carrying her and had her on the railing of the deck as it was the only place where it was sunny. Got some good photos of her green eyes with blue sky in the background but she was so mad at me. After the photo session I put her back in the house cause she was chilly-the sun was setting.

Then I spent an hour shoveling various areas in their playground. There's 4 feet of snow. If I don't shovel it the girls wont have their yard available for sniffing around until July! I do this every spring. April 1 the shoveling begins-I have a 10-15 foot drop where the rock wall is behind the house so I just toss all the snow down there. I usually clear off a good sized ramp and area so they can reach the rock wall without stepping in snow. So that was my exercise yesterday.

Then made a salad from those Caesar salad kits. bacon bits n cheese..i also add that rainbow slaw salad to it...so I get some broccoli and lettuce n yummy cheese and bacon and dressing...and a few cookies...they have these crispy lemony thin cookies at the bakery..I don't like thick soft cookies..I like em crunchy.

The funny thing is I woke up this morning with cat treats on my belly. I asked Jon ??? He said she was up on my belly last night..I don't remember..so maybe she comes up when I am dead to the world, he gave her some treats and she missed a few LOL

Pumps was pretty sore last night for some reason despite the steroids so I gave her the liquid pain meds the vet prescribed. She sure HATES the taste of it. but she came back out purring and rubbing...looks like it's back to that every night. I am trying to see if I can get a few hundred dollars together to do 6 sessions of that laser therapy but part of me thinks it's a scam...anyone know anyone who sees an improvement? They jacked up their prices double to what they used to be...and I just can't justify spending that kind of money twice a month...uggg
Sounds like a fun day! 
 I understand where you're coming from with the surgery, and no--I don't know anyone who has had their cat go through it.

I have done NOTHING today but emails and TCS!  I must accomplish something.  I think I'll install the safety strap on the ONE bookcase whose box I managed to open, pulling a shoulder muscle in the process (BOY did they glue that thing down!).  At least there will be something I can look at and say, "Well, THAT'S done!"  If the shoulder is back to normal tomorrow, I can start assembly!  
Nothing wrong with that.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So after work yesterday morning I came home, fed the cats, and collapsed on the couch. I was dead to the world for four hours, had no energy to shower (it was all I could do to get my nightclothes on). Well. Even though I was supposed to be off tonight and tomorrow night (the schedule was posted last week), they tried to call me in. (Medical emergency from the coworker who was supposed to cover my shift.) I didn't get the message until five minutes after  the shift started, and my manager informed me that I might need to come in tomorrow. 
 I absolutely couldn't do it tonight (I was going  to, if they needed me); the most strenuous thing I've done is go to Wal-Mart with RB so he could get more Lava soap (and I could get out of the house and go somewhere other  than work), and I had three dizzy spells. Three  of them! Ah, well, life. Anyway, after getting home I pretty much ate, slept, ate again, and now I'm on the computer.

Well, earlier when I was eating with RB and AWM (their dinner, my breakfast), we watched the movie Moana  while we ate (yes, I still love watching Disney movies) and I really enjoyed it. Nice to know I got something  out of the night before going into another who-knows-how-long work stretch.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

So after work yesterday morning I came home, fed the cats, and collapsed on the couch. I was dead to the world for four hours, had no energy to shower (it was all I could do to get my nightclothes on). Well. Even though I was supposed to be off tonight and tomorrow night (the schedule was posted last week), they tried to call me in. (Medical emergency from the coworker who was supposed to cover my shift.) I didn't get the message until five minutes after  the shift started, and my manager informed me that I might need to come in tomorrow. 
 I absolutely couldn't do it tonight (I was going  to, if they needed me); the most strenuous thing I've done is go to Wal-Mart with RB so he could get more Lava soap (and I could get out of the house and go somewhere other  than work), and I had three dizzy spells. Three  of them! Ah, well, life. Anyway, after getting home I pretty much ate, slept, ate again, and now I'm on the computer.

Well, earlier when I was eating with RB and AWM (their dinner, my breakfast), we watched the movie Moana  while we ate (yes, I still love watching Disney movies) and I really enjoyed it. Nice to know I got something  out of the night before going into another who-knows-how-long work stretch.
I am getting worried about you.   It sounds like your body is telling you that it needs a break.  Three dizzy spells are not good.    I'm glad you slept through the message to come in and wish you hadn't gotten the one that you might have to work tonight.  Your management needs to hire more employees - I'm just appalled at the way they treat you.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tallyollyopia tallyollyopia , I think you should go to the doctor and tell him or her everything that has been going on your body lately. I do not really know how health sysyem works in your country, but if you can afford it, please consider it.
I have been feeling really sick since October, exhausted, weak and sleep. I also have a low intensity fever of unkonwn origin. My doctors still do not know what is causing it, but they are doing a lot of tests to find out. Scaners and some other stuff. Just in case.
Chances are that it might be some autoinmune illness, most likely Cronic Fatigue Sindrom. I may be just proyecting, but it sounds to me that you are showing some symptoms too... If so, burning yourself could lead yo be confined to bed for a long period, so, again, going yo the doc could be a good idea.
Keep us up to date, we are all concerned about you.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am getting worried about you.   It sounds like your body is telling you that it needs a break.  Three dizzy spells are not good.    I'm glad you slept through the message to come in and wish you hadn't gotten the one that you might have to work tonight.  Your management needs to hire more employees - I'm just appalled at the way they treat you.
Management keeps trying. Potential employees are showing up for the first interview, but not the second. Or they'll show up for both and fail the background check. It's not my current manager's fault that my previous manager believed that the only people who should be trained on all three shifts was third (which is why I believe we're in this mess right now).
@Tallyollyopia, I think you should go to the doctor and tell him or her everything that has been going on your body lately. I do not really know how health sysyem works in your country, but if you can afford it, please consider it.
I have been feeling really sick since October, exhausted, weak and sleep. I also have a low intensity fever of unkonwn origin. My doctors still do not know what is causing it, but they are doing a lot of tests to find out. Scaners and some other stuff. Just in case.
Chances are that it might be some autoinmune illness, most likely Cronic Fatigue Sindrom. I may be just proyecting, but it sounds to me that you are showing some symptoms too... If so, burning yourself could lead yo be confined to bed for a long period, so, again, going yo the doc could be a good idea.
Keep us up to date, we are all concerned about you.
I can't afford to go the doctor. I'm still paying off the multi-hundred dollar bill from the hospital I got back in October when I collapsed and my coworker called an ambulance for me. (At least insurance covered the ambulance ride, thank heavens.) I'll try to keep everyone updated, but it's hard when I'm exhausted all the time. (And to be fair, my symptoms could be explained by the fact that I've been working in at least six day (usually eight) stretches since early February.) Also--if you've ever vacationed in the states, or lived with someone who has, ask for a Lyme Disease test. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Lyme Disease share a lot of the same symptoms.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Management keeps trying. Potential employees are showing up for the first interview, but not the second. Or they'll show up for both and fail the background check. It's not my current manager's fault that my previous manager believed that the only people who should be trained on all three shifts was third (which is why I believe we're in this mess right now).

I can't afford to go the doctor. I'm still paying off the multi-hundred dollar bill from the hospital I got back in October when I collapsed and my coworker called an ambulance for me. (At least insurance covered the ambulance ride, thank heavens.) I'll try to keep everyone updated, but it's hard when I'm exhausted all the time. (And to be fair, my symptoms could be explained by the fact that I've been working in at least six day (usually eight) stretches since early February.) Also--if you've ever vacationed in the states, or lived with someone who has, ask for a Lyme Disease test. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Lyme Disease share a lot of the same symptoms.
I am so sad to hear that you cannot afford going to a doctor. As many problems as we have in Spain, at least I do not have to worry about this.
I have not been in the States, but Lyme illness was discarded on the first round of tests in late November, as it is common in Europe too.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well for what it's worth-I hope you can get some relief. You sound like me-overwork and then get so tired you sleep for hours. I do the same.  I do understand. I hope you can get checked out by a doctor. Or stop at the drug store and get your blood pressure done to see if that's what's going on. It's not uncommon for younger people to have HBP nowadays. With the salt they put in everything it's hard for me to steer clear of excess sodium. Almost like they purposely setting us up to fail: Salt, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Cane Sugar or other misnamed sugars for the SAME thing! Don't get me started on the preservatives etc. Food nowadays is NOTHING like the food was in the 1990s. Rant over.

I finally broke down and sent an email to tripadvisor about the lack of communication from the place I had put a deposit on up in Maine. They sent them and I an email to let me know they will send me the file. They sent it around 7ish last night. There's one more part in It about a pet thingy so I sent him a message asking for the pet thingy so I can fill it out. The guy said I was all set and sent me the file for rules-of course the pet thingy wasn't there. I will give him 24 hours. If  I don't hear back-I will send tripadvisor another note to get this last bit of information.  Wow pretty bad I have to go over people's heads to get a response from them. Frustrating!

Last night did a few more feet of shoveling but kept getting headaches when I lift heavy piles of snow so I had to back off on that after 30 minutes. Probably because I was..HUNGRY! Jon put together the salad after I asked him. He put it together and added something extra to it that normally I don't like-but I SHUT my mouth and smiled. Don't need to make him feel inferior. And I ate the peppers in my Caesar Salad,. I had a hard time falling asleep last night..not until 10pm. Woke up 4am on the dot..passed back out and woke at the 1st alarm 4:53. put the news on..lay around for 15 min waiting for weather forecast at 15 after. Then grabbed Bee Kitty to give her her puffs and canned pumpkin. She was actually purring and making biscuits in-between things. Of course as soon as I was done with her she was more than ready to jump off my lap and bug Jon for treats..the meowing and swishing of tail near his face cracks me up every single time!.

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
Not happy today.

My computer is acting up, and I am stuck using a tablet. The tablet is so slow, I'm probably won't be posting as much today.

People keep saying that autism is a gift. Well I see it as a curse. I didn't meet my husband until 4 years ago due to my social awkwardness. Plus, my autism is making everything harder to solve appropriately. All I want now is a cure, because all it is doing to me is making my emotions worse. It's all I want anymore...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Jennifurr  

I can't imagine anyone saying Autism is a gift. As someone who has Asperger's it's incredibly challenging to convey my feelings/wishes without sounding like an insane person. Or I say things I shouldn't or I miss quos (is that the right spelling?) and I fumble in public face. I hate face to face meetings with strangers SO MUCH. The only time I feel comfortable is if we are all doing a task together or it's around animals etc. But I do understand. So very much. If it helps-break it down to steps. Ask simple questions to solve=I bet you find the answers after time settles the emotions. It's hard to solve problems when our emotions are sky high and disruptive to our thinking-at least mine is. It's not unusual for me to have meltdowns and I try to work VERY hard to NOT show my emotions anymore.  But how hard that can be some days when I just want to find a corner to hide in and let it out without an audience.

Sending you HUGS!!!

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise

Not happy today.

My computer is acting up, and I am stuck using a tablet. The tablet is so slow, I'm probably won't be posting as much today.

People keep saying that autism is a gift. Well I see it as a curse. I didn't meet my husband until 4 years ago due to my social awkwardness. Plus, my autism is making everything harder to solve appropriately. All I want now is a cure, because all it is doing to me is making my emotions worse. It's all I want anymore...
My daughter has autism.  I've heard the same thing, it's a gift because of things like hyper-focusing on a subject.  It's not.  Not at all.  I'm starting to wonder if she will ever be able to live independently.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
No time to really get into a pity party now, but the update on the shoulder is the doctor now wants an MRI because he's suspecting a torn rotator cuff.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

No time to really get into a pity party now, but the update on the shoulder is the doctor now wants an MRI because he's suspecting a torn rotator cuff.
Oh, @arouetta that sounds awful.  It must hurt like the dickens.  I have a shoulder thingie that acts up every once and awhile and the pain is awful.  I hope your injured shoulder is not the same side as your dominant hand.  That's when you learn how much you really do use your shoulder.   BTW, come back when you have time for the pity party.  This is a great place to unload on life's troubles.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sad to hear that you cannot afford going to a doctor. As many problems as we have in Spain, at least I do not have to worry about this.
I have not been in the States, but Lyme illness was discarded on the first round of tests in late November, as it is common in Europe too.
I'm sorry. I had no idea that it spread outside the US. I hope you feel better soon.

Well for what it's worth-I hope you can get some relief. You sound like me-overwork and then get so tired you sleep for hours. I do the same.  I do understand. I hope you can get checked out by a doctor. Or stop at the drug store and get your blood pressure done to see if that's what's going on. It's not uncommon for younger people to have HBP nowadays. With the salt they put in everything it's hard for me to steer clear of excess sodium. Almost like they purposely setting us up to fail: Salt, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Cane Sugar or other misnamed sugars for the SAME thing! Don't get me started on the preservatives etc. Food nowadays is NOTHING like the food was in the 1990s. Rant over.

I finally broke down and sent an email to tripadvisor about the lack of communication from the place I had put a deposit on up in Maine. They sent them and I an email to let me know they will send me the file. They sent it around 7ish last night. There's one more part in It about a pet thingy so I sent him a message asking for the pet thingy so I can fill it out. The guy said I was all set and sent me the file for rules-of course the pet thingy wasn't there. I will give him 24 hours. If  I don't hear back-I will send tripadvisor another note to get this last bit of information.  Wow pretty bad I have to go over people's heads to get a response from them. Frustrating!

Last night did a few more feet of shoveling but kept getting headaches when I lift heavy piles of snow so I had to back off on that after 30 minutes. Probably because I was..HUNGRY! Jon put together the salad after I asked him. He put it together and added something extra to it that normally I don't like-but I SHUT my mouth and smiled. Don't need to make him feel inferior. And I ate the peppers in my Caesar Salad,. I had a hard time falling asleep last night..not until 10pm. Woke up 4am on the dot..passed back out and woke at the 1st alarm 4:53. put the news on..lay around for 15 min waiting for weather forecast at 15 after. Then grabbed Bee Kitty to give her her puffs and canned pumpkin. She was actually purring and making biscuits in-between things. Of course as soon as I was done with her she was more than ready to jump off my lap and bug Jon for treats..the meowing and swishing of tail near his face cracks me up every single time!.
Good for you, eating peppers! (I hear they're healthy.) And my manager called (which is why I'm up), and while I have to go in tonight (which we all saw coming), next work week (which starts Wednesday) a new girl has been hired for my shift
 I may actually have two days off  next week! 

Not happy today.

Bright side--they might (depending on the damage) be able to fix it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
To those dealing with Autism./Aspergers, you are all doing so very well.  I would never have had a clue, and I talk with some of you in depth, privately.  Good job, guys.  I lived in a household with an Asperger's child, and the challenges were immense.  He was a very loving and gifted child, but LORD, he struggled!  He's doing very well now, he's 22 and is getting his own apartment!  It just took him a TINY bit longer than some.  

Today is bookcase day, so I'm off to do that last post in "unanswered," and then pick up the drill/driver and do some damage.  Hopefully, NOT to me! 

Status
Not open for further replies.