The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At least your mailman brings it to your porch... Mine doesn't like our long narrow driveway, so out comes the sorry we missed you card :argh:
I hate having to go get a package at the post office !

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even in the US.
I no longer use those words. Lately I've been feeling like it should be "Especially in the U.S."

Okay, it's bras, they can be outside for a bit. It still would have been nice though if the mailman had actually knocked when leaving it. Just like how I was home when I got my new bike lights and I found out it had been delivered when I nearly tripped over it opening the front door late afternoon, since he didn't knock.
Ours apparently knocks, but if I'm in another part of the house I don't hear it. I wish he'd just ring the doorbell; I can hear that from the basement!

Maybe you could call the post office and ask them to have the mailman knock when a package is delivered.
Or just put a note on your door when you're expecting a package. Use a Post-It so the adhesive doesn't damage the paint.

Margret

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have had my phone ready for video. Midway was asleep on the spider and I was mischievous feeling, so I grabbed a shoelace and tickled him with it. He was a tad playful when he woke up, though he never even sat up, but what was cute is he'd snap at the shoelace where it was close or touching him, look at the fur right there and start bathing it. I'd get the string right back in front of him, he'd snap at it, and then lick right where it was. Or he'd paw at it, and then look at his lower leg near the paw and bathe that. Poor boy didn't know if he wanted to play with the string or give himself a bath.

And now he's half asleep again, with the string firmly contained between him and the spider.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Margret Margret
I have even seen cats with no litter start lactating and adopt an orphaned litter. It is really amazing.
An old black tom started hanging around last winter, when one of the moms nested far from the others he hunted and helped her care for the litter.
One of our members has a lab that began lactating for his kitten.

.I really feel like it was definitely an intimidation for me being on the road nearly every day, and maybe except for that cop car there could have been a confrontation where there was nothing but cars and trees, and maybe even an attempt to see where I live
PEPPER SPRAY! NOW!

I always heard that toms will kill the kittens, to bring the mother back into heat.
An occasional tom will kill his own kittens, many toms kill other tom's kittens to insure that their genes are passed on (you see this in lion prides when a new male takes over the pride, as well), but some toms just don't. Verily, are there as many cat reactions as there are cats!

It's called relactation. In a real pinch, any healthy adult mammal can do it, regardless of gender (though it's easier for a female, and easier if she's lactated before). {See, you probably thought that male tits were merely decorative. It turns out that they can actually be functional. :wink:}
I knew that about humans, but never made the connection to other animals, for some reason!

OK, guys, proud step-mama here. Little Bit, Tid Bit and the Sprite:

From left to right: Tid Bit, Sprite, and mama Little Bit
IMG_0003.JPG

LOOK at the size difference between Tid Bit and Sprite! Different litters? Dunno.
IMG_0004.JPG

Little Bit spots me with the camera, but could care less. She knows me now.
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

After breakfast. I love how Sprite is looking at Mama
IMG_0007.JPG

Headed back across the ditch
IMG_0008.JPG

Tid Bit was lagging behind. There was a BUTTERFLY! I wish I could have caught him/her chasing it!
IMG_0009.JPG

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just in case anyone is going to change phone companies and wants to keep their old number...It goes much smoother if you actually know your pin. I don't remember changing it, but I must have. The pin is a number only I would have chosen. Once I had the proper pin number for verizon, everything went smooth and the new phones are awesome and I still have my old number.
I feel stupid, but it's all good now. I still need a proper ringtone for my dad. I was thinking the Godfather, but I don't know. I never gave him one before.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I forget, do you have a smartphone? Zedge is a free app that has a million ringtones. They have some really good variations of the theme from the Godfather.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forget, do you have a smartphone? Zedge is a free app that has a million ringtones. They have some really good variations of the theme from the Godfather.
I do have a smartphone and I've been on Zedge a lot. Just can't find something that strikes my fancy. For now, he has the opening zulu chant to the Lion King. Since Samai can't call me, he gets it until I find something.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our members has a lab that began lactating for his kitten.

PEPPER SPRAY! NOW!

An occasional tom will kill his own kittens, many toms kill other tom's kittens to insure that their genes are passed on (you see this in lion prides when a new male takes over the pride, as well), but some toms just don't. Verily, are there as many cat reactions as there are cats!

I knew that about humans, but never made the connection to other animals, for some reason!

OK, guys, proud step-mama here. Little Bit, Tid Bit and the Sprite:

From left to right: Tid Bit, Sprite, and mama Little Bit
View attachment 197853

LOOK at the size difference between Tid Bit and Sprite! Different litters? Dunno.
View attachment 197854

Little Bit spots me with the camera, but could care less. She knows me now.
View attachment 197855
View attachment 197856

After breakfast. I love how Sprite is looking at Mama
View attachment 197857

Headed back across the ditch
View attachment 197858

Tid Bit was lagging behind. There was a BUTTERFLY! I wish I could have caught him/her chasing it!
View attachment 197859
Ah! The pictures are adorable! (And they might be from the same litter. When the kittens were first born, Princess was the smallest. I'm going to see if I can find one of the old pictures to show you.)

I have had that happen too.View attachment 197911
This kitten had a mother and preferred the dog.
Cuteness--overload!

Pardon me, I'm about to explode from all the pictures. Have a good day, everybody!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
tallyollyopia tallyollyopia I love the kittens...is that slipper in there I see? Love kittens...even though I only had 2 in my life=I work too much to take care of them properly. So I tend to adopt the unadoptable cats or ones that come to me or just connect...like Honeybee..many people stopped at the house to check her out but for some reason no one wanted her. I am forever grateful that she came into my life when I was getting swallowed up in life. She is my little buddy. Last night I cranked the AC on 70 which is cold but I wanted her with me-I grabbed her from the window-got her red velvet blanket and got her settled on top of me like a baby. She made biscuits then passed out on me. I don't know how long she stayed...I fell asleep finally..Love her sleeping on my chest.

.facebook_1453299300357.jpg

Here's her blanket-we have had it since 2014. I bought a few others but she prefers this one to make biscuits on and sleep on.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a quiet day it is today! Well, on here. IRL, there are painters finishing up the front doors (they are now black), and door installers going around doing their punchlists from the back door replacements, and maintenance running amok checking on the painters and installers, and the manager just generally getting in everyone's way. I'll be glad when 4:30 comes and THEY ALL GO HOME!

OH...I was worried about the black doors, but mine will look phenomenal with my wreaths! The fall wreath is especially nice!
IMG_0010.JPG

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a quiet day it is today! Well, on here. IRL, there are painters finishing up the front doors (they are now black), and door installers going around doing their punchlists from the back door replacements, and maintenance running amok checking on the painters and installers, and the manager just generally getting in everyone's way. I'll be glad when 4:30 comes and THEY ALL GO HOME!

OH...I was worried about the black doors, but mine will look phenomenal with my wreaths! The fall wreath is especially nice!
View attachment 198004
What a gorgeous door. Those turned out very well.
(Personally, I would have painted it tardis blue...but then all doors should be tardis blue. :p;)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

View attachment 198004
Although all the doors in this building have puke pink doors they also have black wrought iron security doors in font of them with a little vestibule in between (handy to store a little grocery cart or to dump the garbage bag at 11 pm to be taken to the garbage chute the next morning). My neighbor across from me put a bright orange fall wreath on that black wrought iron door, it really pops. I just keep a few big pots with bright red and orange geraniums by my front door.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Holy cow, I've missed this place! I was on vacation in August, then drowning in fall "To Do" lists and 18 yr old son drama. (Ironically I started typing this at 3:00 then said 18 yr old came in with drama, then life happened, so I couldn't get back to it until now.)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the results are back, and my youngest brother has been officially diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum (basically Asperger's, but that's not an official diagnosis anymore). Well, I guess it's good for at least one of us to have an offcial diagnosis, lol. I think it can be safely assumed that the rest of us could get diagnosed if we wanted to pursue it. His doctor said there's very little point to an adult diagnosis, if you already know and accept that you aren't neurotyp, but maybe he can get some vocational counseling or something.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy , Asperger's has both advantages and disadvantages; it seems to me that knowing you have it would give you a good start on understanding your own weaknesses and strong points, and that's always useful.

What a gorgeous door. Those turned out very well.
(Personally, I would have painted it tardis blue...but then all doors should be tardis blue. :p;)
A perfectly reasonable viewpoint.

Holy cow, I've missed this place! I was on vacation in August, then drowning in fall "To Do" lists and 18 yr old son drama. (Ironically I started typing this at 3:00 then said 18 yr old came in with drama, then life happened, so I couldn't get back to it until now.)
I remember being 18. It was not fun. Fortunately, as long as you don't get yourself killed you can grow out of it; I suspect that the time when your son grows out of it can't come too soon for you. :hugs:

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.