The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
sitting here after supper, catching up..I have been on here off and on all day; taking breaks from cleaning.

I stayed home, but did try to go out. 

I swiffered the floors, then dusted, vacuumed, dumped the litter out of 2 litter boxes, washed them, put fresh litter in..shook out all the rugs and vacuumed them.

By the time I took a shower, it was raining. I wanted to go to Target for a few things, but it was really raining and the weather changed to be much cooler.

Look at what arrived in the Chewy Box:

Of course, he looks away as soon as he sees the camera/phone.....just like I do...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, he's a sweetie! 

I'm sitting here telling myself, "Get thy butt into the bedroom and start thy workout. NOW!"

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
The beginning of a very busy several days.

Just sitting here, having breakfast, catching up on things. 

Today is: On the hunt for large plastic serving platters for Sunday's Children's Recital at the church. I have been to The grocery store, Target, BJ's Wholesale club, the Dollar Store (too small)...

I am planning on going to: The Dollar Tree (saw they had it on-line), Lane Bryant for some bras, possibly the Party Store, my hairdresser, and who knows where else!!!

I am hoping I can just come home and collapse. I need to wash and put away some clean laundry. 

And make a salad for supper...If I am too tired, I will just have a large apple with peanut butter...and a quick throw together, fast salad...

It is a bit cooler today, so I will open the windows, rest the AC,---get some fresh air (and pollen) in the house!! 

It is a love/hate time of year.. love the fresh air, hate the pollen!!!

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The beginning of a very busy several days.

Today is: On the hunt for large plastic serving platters for Sunday's Children's Recital at the church. I have been to The grocery store, Target, BJ's Wholesale club, the Dollar Store (too small)...
Christmas Tree Shop?

Sitting here having my coffee trying to decide what I am doing today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas Tree Shop?

Sitting here having my coffee trying to decide what I am doing today.
Yup, good thought!!!

Actually it is on the road I will travel on today... Route One in Saugus, MA--will be on a wild goose chase today....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
@Artiemom, do you have any kind of a paper goods store or a Party City? We have a neat paper goods store that sells all kinds of paper stuff for parties, picnics, celebrations. etc. And they're not overly expensive. 

Here's another place, although it's too late for tomorrow:  http://www.orientaltrading.com/    A lot of times, if you spend a certain amount, you get free shipping. I bought a lot of stuff there when we had Rick's 60th birthday party. It's fairly nice stuff, fairly cheap. We had a tiki theme, the party was outdoors in a huge tent, and I was able to get some really neat things there. They have fast shipping, too. 

Drinking my coffee and hanging about. Rick went back to bed for a while. I'm getting ready to do litter boxes.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester    thanks for the ideas, but I found them at "The Dollar Tree".  They are not the large catering type, but they are good enough. They had a bunch of rectangle ones, and round ones, also some tiny bowls. I was pleasantly surprised at the price; only a dollar each. It was a done deal. I got 10 of each. If we do not use them all, I will just return the leftovers. 

This morning will be busy. I will do an abbreviated gym visit ~~~~ elliptical (shudder) and a quick run at the machines... just to make a visit and to keep me on track. Knee was extremely sore and swollen yesterday. I ended pulling out the orthopedic knee brace (with hole in the middle for the knee cap.  

I am not sure if it helped at all, but when I came home I elevated the leg and iced it for a long time, along with taking a couple of Aleve. The swelling did go down. 

*********************************************************************************************************

Strange thing, on my way out of Petco, I ran into a woman who was on crutches. I looked at her leg, noticeg she had a large incision at her knee. I asked her if she had knee surgery. She had recently had it done at the same hospital I want to go to. When I asked who she had as a surgeon, she mentioned one of the three doctors, my own PCP recommended!!!  I was floored!! It was really a chance encounter. She raved about the hospital, said the surgeon was excellent, but his bedside manner was horrible!!  She also said that any of the doctors at the New England Baptist hospital are top notch, and that you cannot go wrong with any of them.

I asked where she was going for PT. She shocked me by saying that she still has home PT!! That means that she just had the surgery!!  And she was out and about with her husband helping her....She did have to wait at least a couple of months for an appointment with the surgeon.....

Ok, off topic...
  sorry.....

*************************************************************************************************************

Right after the gym, I am meeting a couple of other people. We will then run up to Costco, pick up a bunch of goodies, water, juice, etc.

Then back to the church hall to set up the trays. That way, things will be easier for Sunday.

After that, I am going home, showering, and icing my knee....

Busy day.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a little after 5 p.m. here, and I am checking on TCS and listening to a whining kitty behind me who thinks it's his dinner time and he's starving, although all he's done is sleep all day. I marvel at all the different sounds he makes and how they clearly communicate what he's thinking.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm trying to trap another cat. In the last 10 years I've trapped 6this will make 7. I have no idea if it's fixed, I doubt it! I get their ears tipped when I have them fixed, so other people know. We have a low cost spay clinic that does ferals for $25 and rabies shot. I've caught two tuxedos, one mackerel tabby, one mackerel and white tabby, one grey and white classic tabby, one calico and soon a black. The two tuxedos disappeared after 3 years of being fed, one was old, The mackerel kitten disappeared. The other two tabbies live with me now. The calico lives outside in a shelter I made, and the black keeps eating her food. I bought the trap on Amazon. The two with me were caught Young by a lovely man who socialized them, the female stuck around but drove her brother off. The classic tabby came as a tiny kitten 2 years later.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the trapping; I hope it goes well and you can catch the cat.

Artiemom, I know a back surgeon who is top-notch in his field. If I'd ever need to have my back operated on, I would want him in a heart beat; he is simply spectacular. But his bedside manner is horrible. I know many people who swear by him, though, and I'd chose him, too. And now you have a good recommendation for one of your doctors....I think that's pretty good.

Back to work today after a busy weekend. I'd much rather be home, though, preferably back in bed for another hour or so. I know me; once I'm awake, I don't go back to bed.

Drinking my morning coffee and looking at some recipes on my iPad.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
at work. getting ready to do some kind of lunchtime movement. the blues are still bothering me. time to move them the heck outta here.

want to get Jon to go kayaking after work but its probably too hot. I am supposed to hit the gym but a swim in a lake sounds so much better than a sweaty gym workout. Did I mention I love to swim?!

Got several projects done here as well. all caught up. The guys have slowed down with work due to the heat. I am sure it will slow down even more after lunch. I ate my lunch at 9:30 so I hope to stay full until 3. I have chicken left if I get hungry but so far so good.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester, I do believe that all the good surgeons have absolutely no bedside manner.  If you find one who does have a good bedside manner, then keep them... and let others know!!

I am so exhausted. I am having a hard time staying awake. Perhaps it is because I helped so much at the recital yesterday. I was there from 1;30pm to 7pm....very long day~~ and up early for 7:30am Mass...

Did go to the gym and then to Trader Joes. 

Came home and Artie was very vocal. He only gets that way when he wants something. I did not have the AC on. It is over 80 degrees outside with the windows and doors open, and a warm breeze. Not sweltering in the house. It was comfortable for a summer's day. 

One of the neighbors is doing some kind of construction. I have been hearing the sound of an electric saw of some kind and some banging. I think that really got to Artie. He was circling around me, rubbing my legs, meowing, leading me all over~~~ following me everywhere I went.  I gave him some fresh food, no.. He did not want to go in my closet. I asked if he wanted to go out, YES.. so I went out with him on the balcony. Once the saw started up again, he wanted in!!!   He goes right up to the screen door, sits, and meows. I ask him if he wants to go "in"? and he responds by standing up and answering me. 

He wanted the sound to go away!! That is what he was telling me...

I came in with him, closed up the apartment, and put the AC on. I wanted to hold off on it for a little while, but, I guess I am crazy enough to give in to him...

Once Artie got his way, and felt more comfortable; he went over to the food and ate some. Right now he is curled up on his quilt which is on the coach~~ and sleeping...

I do not know what I am going to do when they start all the planned construction in the building. I think I may have to do something for him... I am glad I am home and can watch his behavior. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
@Stewball
 PMed me some time ago about cataract surgery. I wonder if she's recuperating. I told her to run, not walk, to get it done.
My mother would be first in line to tell people not to get it done. :( She had her first eye done in April and is still having issues and had to cancel the second surgery. :(

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother would be first in line to tell people not to get it done.
She had her first eye done in April and is still having issues and had to cancel the second surgery.
I can't imagine. She must have not had a good surgeon. The surgery was simple (from my point of view) and I could see immediately. What kind of issues does she have?

Status
Not open for further replies.