Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Sounds like you have been busy long enough @Winchester

I am at work-and likewise trying to figure out what to get ordered first. It was cool this morning at 52. Wore a sweatshirt. Honeybee was running around the lawn trying to entice me to chase her but it was time to skidattle. I was watering the strawberries which I still need to get into the ground.

Lunch was good yesterday with my dad and sisters and her kids. I bought some Despicable noise makers and the 4 kids were having a blast blowing air at each other-I don't know what you call them-they have a tube that unrolls when you blow in them-they were to celebrate my dads birthday and he got a kick out of the kids. They tried to blow 4 at the same time-and lots of laughs. The food was fabulous-eating my fettuccine alfrado right now-yummy.

Those shows you guys are talking about sounds interesting. I love reading anything that's nursing related to WW2. Those folks were some strong people back then. What happened?!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Those shows you guys are talking about sounds interesting. I love reading anything that's nursing related to WW2. Those folks were some strong people back then. What happened?!
What Happened? Well, it was The Greatest Generation.

They did things no else in the history of the world had to do...they accomplished things with hard work, dedication, and teamwork...

Unfortunately, that will never happen again. It was a once in a history time...

Such a shame. I always felt bonded to that time. I kind of wish I was alive then. I wonder if I was, what kind of person would I be? 

They also knew how to enjoy life, living for the simple things, and appreciating the good times and people...

They had it tough, but they got through it with true grit....

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read an interesting book about WW2 called The Lost Airman by Seth Meyerowitz. It's about his grandfather who was shot down over France before D-Day. He had to make his way across Nazi France to Spain. He was aided by the French Resistance. It would make a great movie.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Aaron has a work thing tonight so I actually have a little time to try to catch up a little around here. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting here sipping my coffee, getting ready to get dressed and head outside to work in the yard.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Sitting on my bed in the dark, surrounded by complete silence at 4:30 am and hanging out on TCS.   

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
relaxing for another half hour or so, then will make the cats snack and give jaspurr his clavamox pill, followed by heating up my dinner then scooping the litter boxes.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hanging out here for a while, til I have to change into shorts and a tee and run over to my therapy session. Finishing up my coffee. I was debating on whether to eat my oatmeal now or wait til I come back....I think I'll wait.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to cool down after unsuccessfully trying to pill Maple, wrestling with Oscar to clip his nails (Pea-Pea and Oliver were done Saturday, whew) and breaking up a cat-fight between unpilled Maple (it's Prozac) and Pea-Pea. Pea-Pea thinks Maple wants to play because she reacts. And Maple doesn't want anything of it, except she did stalk Penelopy until she saw me watching her. Gave them all some Temptations to make them chill the *bleep* out.

WHY IS IT SO HOT IN HERE?

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Just got into work; had to stop at the mail box in town to mail some bills out on my way in. Rick has union business today and since he's taking 3 people with him, he took the Tucson and I drove Clarence in this morning.

So sitting here and drinking my morning coffee.

I think morning coffee rocks! There's just something so incredibly neat about my morning coffee. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting here trying to catch up while drinking my coffee.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
getting ready to do two things:  open the windows (it actually did cool down, from yesterday's 91 degrees F to mid-70's today), then move a container of chili from the freezer to the fridge to thaw.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting for a couple of deliveries to come. My new passport is coming today and the water table I ordered for my kids. They are asleep and I'd love to get it and have it set up before they wake up.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here wondering what I'm forgetting to do before going to bed. I pilled Maple earlier today so I think that's it, because I usually pill her after she eats.

Anyway, chilling out right now, watching local news. Waiting for the weather report then going to bed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm pooped this morning. I watched Graffiti Bridge last night on VH1Classic. And then when I realized they were doing two hours of Prince videos, I watched that, too. Never got to sleep til around 1:00 this morning. It was so worth every second. I really liked Purple Rain, not so much Graffiti Bridge. And I really enjoyed the videos.

So I'm sitting here at my desk drinking my coffee and trying to figure out what I want to do today. Doing a bit of surfing. I always check out Huffington Post in the mornings, too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
waiting for the bread machine bread to finish baking, then will pop it out onto a plate and set that on the cooling rack in one of my kitchen cabinets -- to cool. after that i'll make the cats their snack then have my lunch.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Sitting here at my laptop hanging out at TCS, reading about the election tomorrow in the UK to leave the EU and listening to honky tonk piano on youtube.        Paul is asleep at my feet and Chula is in the window.  Everything seems okay in my world.  (Cautiously looks around to see if Doom is approaching   Knocks on wood.  Tosses salt over shoulder.)

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just catching up with what is going on here and reading some of my forums. Life is good. :nod:

lovefive

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im listening to magic fm and Marthas having a wash [emoji]127775[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.