The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
contemplating making the cats a snack and then making my lunch. i'll dice up the veggies and hard boiled eggs for the macaroni salad i'll be making on sunday too.

also hoping my headache and nausea subside soon. that was caused by the next door neighbor this morning, who hired a local man to clear 3 feet along the side of his house, which actually is for the most part on my property. the local man knocked on my door, to make sure i knew what he was gong to do and i explained exactly where the property line was (out into the rain to show him). i find myself offended that the neighbor didn't simply come to me and talk with me about it first. but then, nothing really surprises me with people any more.
  maybe it's the era i grew up in, or the area where i grew up......but i was taught to get along with your neighbors, and certainly never to try to 'put one over' on them.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coughing coughing coughing. Will it ever go away.
Just lying here, reading threads and waiting for an email so I can go to sleep.
My son came to visit with all 4 kids which was nice. The little one is finally starting to talk. She's 2 years old and I was getting worried. She gives lovely kisses. But she's a naughty girl.
Watched tv after that.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stressing out again. Thinking I'm gonna have to switch the girls to cheaper food. Again. I hate feeding them junk, but I'm having trouble justifying spending so much money on their food when we're living off ramen and mac and cheese ourselves.
Starting the hunt for a second job tomorrow. Wish me luck?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Stressing out again. Thinking I'm gonna have to switch the girls to cheaper food. Again. I hate feeding them junk, but I'm having trouble justifying spending so much money on their food when we're living off ramen and mac and cheese ourselves.
Oh gosh. Good luck. I'm so sorry.  I hope you can find something.

Just got into work and am drinking my coffee and relaxing a bit. Don't have much to do today, a couple plan reviews and a bit of changing some pictures around in a document I'm working on. I also have to change some colors in a chart for that document.

The good thing is that it's Friday! 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's supposed to shower a bit today, so no outside yard work. I'm making a list of errands to do while sipping my coffee.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
getting ready to make the cats a snack, then make my lunch. will check on the chicken in the fridge too -- it's thawing now, and i plan on roasting it tomorrow. i'll boil the packet of liver/heart/kidneys, chop it up, and give to the cats over a couple days as a treat.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting ready for work, I don't want to eat a cold cut sandwich for dinner (had one last night and the salt seems to have left me swollen a little), but that's all I have on me. Very sleepy today although I slept great last night. And where's that dang cat gone to again? Half tempted to syringe him a little water before I leave, he's so sleepy and I worry the heat has him dehydrated.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
sitting here fooling around on TCS, watching my two cats who got a buzz cut this morning. One is curled up in bed and I covered her with a sheet-its cool around 60 and tomorrow supposed to be 83 and sunny. Not sure where we are going for yardsales. I originally wanted to go to the beach but its only going to be in the 70s. I like to wait until its really hot inland because then its nice and cool. Definately need to finish potting my flowers-everytime I want to do it-the next day calls for super hot temps=so I should have done it today while its cool. But I dont feel like doing anything.,

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very good luck to you.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
getting ready to make the cats a snack, then make my lunch. will check on the chicken in the fridge too -- it's thawing now, and i plan on roasting it tomorrow. i'll boil the packet of liver/heart/kidneys, chop it up, and give to the cats over a couple days as a treat.
Raw?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In position. It's 3am and I've just started to yawn so maybe sleep is on the way.
After the ex went to work I dozed in my TV chair until the phone rang. An ex colleague phoned to tell me one of our other colleagues passed away Thursday night. According to Jewish law, she should have been buried today but her family has to come from South Africa so it's been delayed.
I think I dropped off again. Read the Friday newspaper which is like your Sunday newspapers. I don't know why I bother. I don't like anything I read in it.
Had sandwiches for a late lunch and wasn't hungry suppertime so we had omelette on toast.
Watched jurassic world. Entertaining enough I suppose.
Now I'm in bed and have been for 2-1/2 hours, reading messages and emails and threads.
I hope I get to sleep tonight.
Good night. Have a good day jen.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the cats do eat a mostly raw diet now. the chicken i've got thawing is a whole roasting chicken, which i'll roast in the oven tomorrow -- that will be my dinner tomorrow, and the rest will be diced and portioned then frozen (will be used in recipes, other meals). the packet of raw liver, heart, and kidneys will be boiled and then diced up small for the cats to enjoy as treats. i wouldn't feel comfortable serving the cats raw meats i buy from the grocery store. there are too many temperature fluctuations while grocery store meats are being transported, so they really need to be cooked. the raw meats i buy for the cats are from farms in western pennsylvania, they arrive frozen rock-solid. truly, the cats raw meats are much higher quality than the meats i buy at the grocery store for myself.

i'm thinking about watching a tv show and then working on a jigsaw puzzle on the computer.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Drinking my coffee and hanging out. Cats have had their breakfast and things are fairly quiet in the house right now. The windows are open and the birds are waking up; the cats are laying in various windows throughout the house, listening to the chirping and watching everything that's going on outside. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As usual. A friend had to put his cat down today. He had cancer. All very upsetting.
It was light by the time I fell asleep and the dawn chorus was going full blast. It's lovely until the pigeons start. Then I went to sleep. Not for long though.
Had an upset tummy for half of the day and then it cleared. Thank goodness. If I don't get my hair cut tomorrow I'll scream.
Tried to read my book but my tummy bothered me. I felt quite vomitious.
Then the tv went on and that was my day.
Good night. Have a good day jen and the rest of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.