The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Winchester What a mess. That dog creates a real problem in your house. I am sorry. Sending you hugs and wishes for some peace and a good day for you.

I am sitting here drinking my second cup of coffee. Beautiful day where I live today. Later we will walk, then I am going to do some ironing. I hate that job.
Thanks. I thought I might catch some flak for writing that post, but well, I have issues with her and it's really difficult. It just is.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In bed coughing my guts out.
Reading threads. I enjoy yours Pam because they're so interesting and well written. You should blog. During your spare time!!!!!
Whisky's sitting on the end of my bed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Judy! 

Hope you feel better soon. I'm just getting over a nasty cold and went through that "coughing my guts out" stage. It's not pretty.

I'm sitting here at work, drinking my morning coffee and checking the weather forecast for around lunch time today. To see if I'll get my walk in. Looks like rain won't hit here until later on, so I might be OK.

And trying to figure out what to do for our Memorial Day picnic. It's just Rick and me and his mom this year. My sister is having a big picnic and we're invited, but Rick's mother won't go there. We were also invited to spend Monday with friends for a picnic and a fire Monday night, but Rick's mom said no to that, too. So it's the three of us this time around.

I did the bbq chicken last week and threw that in the freezer. Will get that out to thaw on Sunday and then throw it on the grill on Monday. I'm thinking of making just a wee bit of potato salad. Maybe a veggie salad. And a small pan of chocolate and peanut butter brownies. A pitcher of iced tea with lemon. And that's it. Nothing exotic, nothing with a ton of calories. Rick seems fine with it.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In bed listening to my chest while I breathe and coughing nicely. Just took painkillers for my achey breaky legs. Gosh life is good!
My son, DiL, a grandson and the baby, Barr, came to visit. She turned 2 at the beginning of may but I hadn't seen her till today. I bought her 3 dresses and sunglasses. She played with them for about 10 minutes and then forgot about them. All the dresses had matching knickers except one that had jeans knickers. So sweet covering the nappy. It was nice seeing them. Then I made a mistake and picked her up. Oy my back. She's heavy. How much should a 2 year weigh. Not a very light child like aimee. 20 lbs or is that too much?
I'm trying to see who is heavier, Barr or blighty.
It's nice having 4 hours to myself every afternoon when the ex, Charles, goes to work.
Oh well.
Sleep well. Have a good day Jan.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Getting ready to go outside and plant up some of my flower pots. :)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am heading to the kitchen to clean some shrimp and make some gluten free brownies. I have having a seafood chocolate attack. :nod:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In position. I won't tell you that my back hurts!
I'm wondering if I'll sleep tonight. I didn't last night or the night before. It's 1.30am and I'm not at all tired. Its beginning to get me down and upsets my ex for some reason.
I'm planning on cutting my hair. I'm fed up with it. Washing it is an awful chore and it's in bad condition, especially the ends from bring coloured each month. I just don't know what style suits a fat face. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
A few days ago whisky actually spent a few hours on my lap. I loved it. Nothing better than the weight of a cat on the lap. I wish blighty would come. He did when he was a baby. I found a picture today. He was so skinny and small but I soon fattened him up,like the Christmas goose lol.
I'm finding I'm not reading as much as usual and I find myself just staring into space. For long periods of time.
I'm not depressed. Well no more than usual. I'm not crying over nothing as I used to. I'm just blah.

Good night. Have a good day Jan.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
In position. I won't tell you that my back hurts!
I'm wondering if I'll sleep tonight. I didn't last night or the night before. It's 1.30am and I'm not at all tired. Its beginning to get me down and upsets my ex for some reason.
I'm planning on cutting my hair. I'm fed up with it. Washing it is an awful chore and it's in bad condition, especially the ends from bring coloured each month. I just don't know what style suits a fat face. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
A few days ago whisky actually spent a few hours on my lap. I loved it. Nothing better than the weight of a cat on the lap. I wish blighty would come. He did when he was a baby. I found a picture today. He was so skinny and small but I soon fattened him up,like the Christmas goose lol.
I'm finding I'm not reading as much as usual and I find myself just staring into space. For long periods of time.
I'm not depressed. Well no more than usual. I'm not crying over nothing as I used to. I'm just blah.

Good night. Have a good day Jan.
My insomnia does the same thing - if I don't sleep during one 24 hour period, odds are that I won't be able to sleep for at least another day if not two.  Then it's just a couple hours of fractured sleep until finally I get a full night's sleep.  It's horrible so my heart goes out to you and I really hope you get to sleep soon!   Would it help to see a doctor?  It's no wonder you don't feel well.

I'm hanging out TCS, sitting on my bed with Chula beside me being sweet.  She won't sit on my lap either but if I sit on my bed, she'll curl up beside me like an appendage.  That's my excuse for spending a lot of time sitting on my bed instead of, say, on the treadmill where I belong. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My insomnia does the same thing - if I don't sleep during one 24 hour period, odds are that I won't be able to sleep for at least another day if not two.  Then it's just a couple hours of fractured sleep until finally I get a full night's sleep.  It's horrible so my heart goes out to you and I really hope you get to sleep soon!   Would it help to see a doctor?  It's no wonder you don't feel well.

I'm hanging out TCS, sitting on my bed with Chula beside me being sweet.  She won't sit on my lap either but if I sit on my bed, she'll curl up beside me like an appendage.  That's my excuse for spending a lot of time sitting on my bed instead of, say, on the treadmill where I belong. :D
I'm lying on my bed. Alone. It's now 2.30am and still wide awake. I take 2 sleeping pills every night but as you can see they don't always do their job and sometimes they just knock me out. Oh well. I'll finish here then read. Maybe that'll do the trick.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lying on my bed. Alone. It's now 2.30am and still wide awake. I take 2 sleeping pills every night but as you can see they don't always do their job and sometimes they just knock me out. Oh well. I'll finish here then read. Maybe that'll do the trick.
Have you ever read anything by Nevada Barr?  She writes mysteries that are solve by a park ranger named Anna Pigeon.  Each one is written in a different national park - I think she repeated parks twice.  Each book is different story wise.  She also acquires a couple handicap animals along the way.  It might be a nice change of pace for you.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Have you ever read anything by Nevada Barr?  She writes mysteries that are solve by a park ranger named Anna Pigeon.  Each one is written in a different national park - I think she repeated parks twice.  Each book is different story wise.  She also acquires a couple handicap animals along the way.  It might be a nice change of pace for you.

Nevada Barr is one of my favorite mystery writers.  The national park angle makes for some terrific scenes.  

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I visited there with my brother and niece many years ago.  It was beautiful but what I remember most was driving around the back roads and we ran across a whimsical sculptor/welder who had a large yard full of his work.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of her. I did read myself to sleep last night/this morning!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Starting to make up a a grocery list and a list of things I need to do today.

Status
Not open for further replies.