The Weight Loss Support Group

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
How to get motivated?That's the thing,I'm supposed to not worry about it but I hate being overweight-so terribly uncomfortable
My entire adult life I've weighed around 110lbs-11yrs ago I started having terrible pain,could not move bowels and the weight started piling on- long story short it was colorectal cancer,worse yet- Stage IV

Anyway,I'm obviously not dead though that was the prognosis -God is STILL in the Miracle Working Business -Glory to God ... but all through chemo/radiation I kept gaining weight- my lymphatic system is a mess,many post rad/chemo damage effecting digestive,etc etc etc

Dr's all say" don't worry about it,that weight was a Saving Grace" worry about it later.... well,it's LATER and I've lost 30 lbs put on 10 and have more than 30 to go imo...... my primary physician is retesting next month because thyroid seems to be sluggish and possibly why I've stopped losing no matter how hard I try

Anyway,around 6 mos ago I threw in the trowel,so disgusted..... anyone have any tips on re-energizing that drained motivation supply?

I've gotten back into riding my stationary bike but it's likely doing more harm( if that's possible,lol) to my bone on bone knees that should've been replaced 10 yrs ago.... it's obvious why surgery was canceled but I hope that's in tye near future.The lung cancer is stable,remission and hopefully God's Plan us to keep me here a bit longer- BUT I hate being fat,it's just not ME,I feel like I'm lugging around someone else's body

Okay,think I've done enough griping for the day,lol I'm just hoping someone else can tell me what helped them to stick with it and not give up trying

Thanks for listening to whoever read my long winded whine!!!!:lovecat2:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik for me it was determination and having health issues also that prompted me to get my weight down .

im up to 285 now , i need to slow down on my eating again :cutecat:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik for me it was determination and having health issues also that prompted me to get my weight down .

im up to 285 now , i need to slow down on my eating again :cutecat:
It certainly doesn't help when my oncologists all say" Don't worry about that,the important thing is you are here"......I get that,really I do and I'm Grateful to wake up every morning - BUT!

But my knees wouldn't be as painful or the rest of this body but I'd feel good about my appearance but it's certainly healthier but but but.....

Well,maybe I'll take the low dose of thyroid meds and see what thst does,my Dr left it up to me last cbc saying we could talk about it more next blood work up-I didn't fast,I rarely do but did this last time ( last week)

After such trials and tribulations ,seeing Dr's nearly everyday for a few years I'm just wanting a break from tests,appts,everything- including Rxs.....I'm on a break from Drappts now until next month which is very nice,it's really nice not living to keep appts

I'm terrible about pain meds,I mean how do you even know how bad your pain is if you are on them all the time-I don't mind long acting,extended release but I'll be darned if I'm going to be dopey all the time-nope to dope,lol Keeping busy helps ,focus on other things-the less you think about your aches & pains the less you feel it- that's my thinking anyway

Well,I'm certainly off Topic now-sorry bout that!Losing weight is a great accomplishment,it takes a determined mind and I guess I'm just not that determined-I've always eaten well,no sweets( yuk)-balanced meals,not crazy about carbs until chemo- the only things thst could stay down was carbs and ice cream- that really packs weight on....

So now I like ice cream,fruits &veggies are my favorite but they go right through me -it's really difficult to navigate around all of this

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik if you have a place where you could do swimming or water aerobics, it's supposed to be a lot gentler on your joints.

I lost the baby weight really easily after J was born because I was on a strict dairy free diet due to her intolerance at the time, and I wasn't on bc. I feel like I've been gaining and losing the same two pounds for tthe past two months now. I need to stop stress eating sweets and drink less sweet coffee. I've been having trouble doing so.

Congrats on beating the cancer. That's amazing. A sluggish thyroid can definitely mess with things, so taking meds for that may help.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik if you have a place where you could do swimming or water aerobics, it's supposed to be a lot gentler on your joints.

I lost the baby weight really easily after J was born because I was on a strict dairy free diet due to her intolerance at the time, and I wasn't on bc. I feel like I've been gaining and losing the same two pounds for tthe past two months now. I need to stop stress eating sweets and drink less sweet coffee. I've been having trouble doing so.

Congrats on beating the cancer. That's amazing. A sluggish thyroid can definitely mess with things, so taking meds for that may help.
Thank you..... I will definitely have to give it a try again-I do have a heated pool here and used to go every morning some years ago but the radiation damaged alot- if I get a chill it's really hard to get my body temperature back up.I loved the pool and I'd just freeze so bad I gave it up,that 2 seconds of getting out wet before the sun warns your body just does me in.....it's been awhile since I've had those shivers so it's worth a try .....I've not even thought about it in a long time-Ill let you know how that goes-perhaps you can say a little prayer ❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you..... I will definitely have to give it a try again-I do have a heated pool here and used to go every morning some years ago but the radiation damaged alot- if I get a chill it's really hard to get my body temperature back up.I loved the pool and I'd just freeze so bad I gave it up,that 2 seconds of getting out wet before the sun warns your body just does me in.....it's been awhile since I've had those shivers so it's worth a try .....I've not even thought about it in a long time-Ill let you know how that goes-perhaps you can say a little prayer ❤
Best of luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This didn't really take off in 2023 so I'm removing the 2023 from the title and giving it a bump up. :)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This didn't really take off in 2023 so I'm removing the 2023 from the title and giving it a bump up. :)
This should be my New Year resolution and a group effort of support is certainly helpful

Gotta get motivated ahd then "commit" - the older I get the less I want to commit to things

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not done very well getting rid of my baby weight so I'm going to buckle down this year.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It's time to at least TRY to get serious- the time starting with Thanksgiving through Christmas and up til now seems like a food fest ... it's ridiculous!

I put on a pair of jeans yesterday instead of Danskin loose fitting shorts and boy they were tight- the Pumpkin pies and all the leftovers are gone now and I've got to stop eating like it's a Holiday

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, in between the holidays and my older daughter's birthday I gained like five whole pounds. I need to buckle down, too.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, in between the holidays and my older daughter's birthday I gained like five whole pounds. I need to buckle down, too.
Let's do it! It might be helpful if we post our efforts?

Lari- I don't even know where to begin but I know I've got to start somehow changing my "lack of "routine.I think I do alot of eating from boredom