The Weight Loss Support Group - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A group of us started posting and supporting each other in our weight loss journey in June of 2013. Not everyone stuck it out, but some of us did and there were ups and down, but weight was lost. I'm one of the ones that fell off the wagon. Going to try to do better this year.

It's 2021 and time for a new thread and new goals and hopefully more people joining in. :)

We'd like to share tips, ideas, recipes, etc. There are soooooo many different diets and theories out there and what works for one may not work for another. We'd like to know what is or isn't working for you.

If you aren't serious about this, then this isn't the thread for you. Sure, everyone has off days and falls off the wagon, but if all you are posting are excuses, you will get called out. :) Some days, particularly lately, I need to get called out.:lol: Of course if you are happy with your weight and just want to cheer us on, c'mon in! :lol:We'll take all the support we can get. :D

*Just a note that that while fad diets may work for some in the short term, they may not work for everyone and please check with your doctor before starting a fad diet or taking any type of supplement. You may have a condition or be taking a medication that doesn't jibe with your fad diet or supplement. :)

So who is in? All are welcome and can join in at any point during the year.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for this thread. I am trying to get myself geared up for eating healthier, exercising more, and most importantly changing my lifestyle permanently so that my bad habits gets squeezed out.

I use to be a smoker ( a pack a day). One day I just had enough. I was constantly worrying over the bad effect it smoking have on my health. I got to the point where I just couldn't take it anymore and quit cold turkey. That was 20 years ago and I never smoked a cigarette since. I was so happy and relieved when I quit for good. I want to do the same for my bad eating habits. 2020 was a very difficult year, but I have hope for 2021. Let's make this the year of positive change.!!!🙂

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hello there Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose ! I am here. The battery in our scales is dead, but I'm afraid to get on the scales anyway. I know things are rather tight right now: jeans, even my sweat pants. I need to get back on track; my doctor is going to have an absolute fit when I go in later on this month. I'm starting today. I did a lot of pandemic baking and then came the holidays. There are simply too many cookie recipes out there that I like trying.

But I told Rick last night that I'm done with sugar for a while. He was not amused. Honestly, I don't see how that man doesn't weigh 400 pounds! And it's not fair!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Winchester Winchester thanks for joining this thread. Don't feel bad about the quarentine & holiday eating, it has been a doozy of a year--so natural we turn to things for comfort--like baking goodies. I hope this year will be a far less stressful year.

Let me tell you about my experience with withdrawing from sugar--it was hell on wheels for me, no seriously! In fact, I had an easier time going cold turkey with cigarettes. I did have withdrawal symptoms for 2 weeks, but after that I was okay. I never had the desire to smoke again. On the other hand, with sugar withdrawal it put me through hormonal hell, terrible body pains and aches, and I became very depressed and angry. I also had very bad insomia being off sugar. I couldn't handle it and went back to eating. No surprises there 🙁

I will have to go the slow route and over time cut back on the sugar until I am at the recommended 25 grams per day. I will have to subitute with fruit and veggies and more healthier options. We live in a society where there is just too much added sugar in our foods. I have got to read labels everyday and be more conscious of this.

I hope this is the year of positive change for all of us. I just want to overcome this sugar addiction once and for all. 🙂

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I hear you about the smoking. I was a 2-pack a day smoker for about 20 years. I think I "quit" 3 times, before finally quitting for good. That was 25 years ago. I still miss it. And when I was working, I'd sidle up to my co-worker, just so I could smell the smoke. Heaven. I'd never start smoking again; heck, I can't afford it. Even the crappy cigarettes are more than my budget allows at this point.

But quitting smoking was a piece of cake, compared to watching what I eat! That's really difficult. We can do it!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I will be working harder to stay motivated. It is a tug of war, but I got to keep positive and focused.
OIP (13).jpeg

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I started my diet and exercise program when I got so sick of being sick and tired and also I worried about health consequences. If the desire to become healthier is there then that is what is important. 🙂

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like intermittent fasting. That's eating for an eight hour period and not eating for 16 hours. It's not hard to do, we are asleep for about half of the non-eating time. I'm taking off what I gained during quarantine.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I like intermittent fasting. That's eating for an eight hour period and not eating for 16 hours. It's not hard to do, we are asleep for about half of the non-eating time. I'm taking off what I gained during quarantine.
I am doing it right now with H.I.I T. I lost nearly 25 pounds since I started it. I think it is the easiest of the IF programs to follow. I am going to stay on it until I hit a Plateau.🙂

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am doing it right now with H.I.I T. I lost nearly 25 pounds since I started it. I think it is the easiest of the IF programs to follow. I am going to stay on it until I hit a Plateau.🙂
What is H.I.I.T?
Don't stop when you hit a plateau. Keep eating that way, it's the healthiest way to eat and you won't gain the weight back.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been 4 plus years since I've actually done real excercise, I used to go to the Y a lot and HIIT worked great. I may need to join this thread as I don't seem to be motiviated to make the changes.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
What is H.I.I.T?
Don't stop when you hit a plateau. Keep eating that way, it's the healthiest way to eat and you won't gain the weight back.
HIIT= High Intensitity Interval Training (aka Burst Exercises) They are a series of exercises you do exerting as much energy as you can into them. Fit people work at the 100% mark (giving it everything they got) and ideally you should be striving to get to the point, but those who are less fit usually reach the 80% effort mark. Exercises could be anything from jogging fast in place, jumping jacks, Burpees or low impact exercises that still get your heart rate up (vigorous marching in place). HIIT is known to elevate your metabolism and keep burning calories long after you did your work out. It really gave my weightloss a boost and combining it with IF took it too the next level.

If I hit a Plateau I will change up my diet and my exercises and just keep going until I break through. After this diet is over I am doing a serious maintenance program. I am never going back to the old ways. This is it for me!🙂

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
It's been 4 plus years since I've actually done real excercise, I used to go to the Y a lot and HIIT worked great. I may need to join this thread as I don't seem to be motiviated to make the changes.
Here is the Exercise Motivation Thread, their are members who post there nearly everyday. This thread hasn't been too active, but I am hoping more people post here often enough. Hope you get back into HIIT training soon. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.