The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had a pretty good start as I had three, count them, three days off over New Year! I did 90 minutes of yoga and an hour walk yesterday, an hour of yoga and an hour walk on Thursday.

I'm going to try and brave the cold and do a bit of a woodwork project outside this afternoon, but I think I'll do yoga first and hope the temperature gets up above freezing.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Back to work on Sunday so I only did an hour of yoga. I did finish all my homework and make a start on next week's homework for my Japanese class though, so my brain got a work out.

90 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk today. Rather an ambitious start to the week.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feels good to be back on track. I'm back to doing my 1 hour of leg lifts, arm stretches, and booty shaking/swinging exercises at 7:30am. Then my 2 hour walk indoors at 3pm.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I didn't get much exercise on Wednesday. We went to a shrine for Hatsumode, which is a Shinto New Year celebration. Just about 40 minutes walking around the shrine area.

Thursday I did an hour of yoga and a 2 hour walk. Today I did 90 minutes of yoga and about 40 minutes outdoor work. I would have done more, but it was so cold outside today I felt like my head was going numb.

A few pictures of the shrine.

Shrine1_R.jpg

Sacred cedar tree.
Shrine2_R.jpg

Baby sacred tree all wrapped up warm for winter.
Shrine4_R.jpg

Shrine for Fushimi Inari, the Fox God. I always make an offering to this one.
Shrine5_R.jpg

New Year decorations.
Shrine6_R.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I got 3 walks in this week. Still don't enjoy it, and still get bored before reaching 30 minutes, but it's something.

Mon - 26 min
Wed - 27 min
Sat - 25 min

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still don't enjoy it, and still get bored before reaching 30 minutes
Well I don't think I ever really enjoy it either, but I feel better after doing it. I hate doing my workout in the morning, but I force myself.
Same as always, 1 hour stretching exercises at 7:30am, 2 hour walk indoors at 3pm.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DD now has a fitbit of her own. I think this is going to push me to wear my own and get things done. One of my old friends has been posting some workout videos to her Instagram page and showing how to use things like canned goods and water jugs in place of weights. I might have to try some things she’s posted. Especially core workouts.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Still don't enjoy it
I don't think I ever really enjoy it either
Really? I love my walks. I'd much rather be walking than sitting at my desk.

Had a really busy few days, but I managed to do 45 minutes of yoga yesterday and a one hour walk followed by 40 minutes of yoga today.

Status
Not open for further replies.