The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, congrats Pat!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!

I had a good week too; I lost 2.25 lbs for a total of 49! Ahhhh, I am SO CLOSE!!!!!!!! to my goal of hitting 50 lbs. I gotta make that last pound next week! Fingers crossed!
Congratulations..you can do it :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You two Rock!!!! Well done Pat and Parsleysage. :clap:I got into bed last night and thought of everybody but I was just too tired to check. I'm so happy for you both. Keep going. Next week there will be goals achieved. Yay! :clap:
I've had a great week. I've eaten really well. Only one little cheat which is allowed. A single serve of very dark chocolate. My weight is going up and yes there is a bit of fat gain but it's in the acceptable range. I'm getting on body comp scales on Friday so I'll report in then.
I'm looking forward to the holidays. I'm not sure how I will go when I am face to face with a plum pudding but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In the mean time I am not looking at the holiday food everywhere and I am certainly not putting it in my shopping trolley.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is official!  I've lost over 200 pounds now, by averaged weights.  My daily weight today is 165.5 (been under 166 for the past 3 days), my new weight by average is 167.8, for a tiny loss this past week of .87 of a pound.

I am ecstatic.

27.8 pounds to goal.  I hope to make it before the end of april - which will mark my 4th year anniversary of deciding that this time, I was losing all the weight, for good.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is official!  I've lost over 200 pounds now, by averaged weights.  My daily weight today is 165.5 (been under 166 for the past 3 days), my new weight by average is 167.8, for a tiny loss this past week of .87 of a pound.

I am ecstatic.

27.8 pounds to goal.  I hope to make it before the end of april - which will mark my 4th year anniversary of deciding that this time, I was losing all the weight, for good.
Woo Hoo :woohoo:

You are amazing!

I had another good week. Healthy clean food all week and one little treat on Saturday. ;)

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Pat!!!!!!!!!!  

You are such an inspiring example to those of us who follow this group, and many people in your personal life I am sure!!!! Thank you for sharing your success. WOW. And here is to 165 this week :)

I too hit a milestone this week... I lost 1.5 pounds for a total of 50.5! My first half century!!! (Only 3.5 more to go, haha.) I started at 381.25 on June 15 and I currently weigh 330.75. I've lost 13.25% of my starting body weight and I am 23% through my planned loss - nearly a quarter of the way there, wow!

Where to next? I don't have a weigh-in again until January 5 and I'd like to lose 2.75 pounds between now and then, which would put me at 328 pounds and a loss of 8 BMI points. That's less than a pound per week so I'm confident I can hit it. After that I'd like to take a maintenance break for at least one week and two if I can swing it. Then my next goal: getting under 300 pounds!!!! I am hoping to reach that by May, which would be about 2 pounds per week. So that will be my springtime goal :) Of course we'll be discussing this in a new 2015 version of this thread not too long from now! 

desire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

You are such an inspiring example to those of us who follow this group, and many people in your personal life I am sure!!!! Thank you for sharing your success. WOW. And here is to 165 this week :)

I too hit a milestone this week... I lost 1.5 pounds for a total of 50.5! My first half century!!! (Only 3.5 more to go, haha.) I started at 381.25 on June 15 and I currently weigh 330.75. I've lost 13.25% of my starting body weight and I am 23% through my planned loss - nearly a quarter of the way there, wow!

Where to next? I don't have a weigh-in again until January 5 and I'd like to lose 2.75 pounds between now and then, which would put me at 328 pounds and a loss of 8 BMI points. That's less than a pound per week so I'm confident I can hit it. After that I'd like to take a maintenance break for at least one week and two if I can swing it. Then my next goal: getting under 300 pounds!!!! I am hoping to reach that by May, which would be about 2 pounds per week. So that will be my springtime goal :) Of course we'll be discussing this in a new 2015 version of this thread not too long from now! 
so inspiring WOW! please, what is your secret to losing weight? it's AMAZING to not only be able to lose weight but keep it off! 

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

so inspiring WOW! please, what is your secret to losing weight? it's AMAZING to not only be able to lose weight but keep it off! 
Thanks, desire! I would say that Pat is the resident weight loss expert as opposed to myself. She follows a lower-carb plan and I think she may count calories too (correct me if I'm wrong, Pat!).

For myself, I count calories using MyFitnessPal, keeping to a small 500 to 750 calorie deficit. Nothing too restrictive or else I wouldn't stick to it! For me at my current weight that is 2140 to 2360 calories per day. That's a lot! Part of the advantage to being bigger 
 If you're smaller you'll have to eat less to lose weight but again, nothing too restrictive. Just create a small deficit and over time you'll lose weight.

In addition to counting calories, I keep a low-ish carb diet, trying to stay below 150 net carbs per day. I also track nutrition goals like fiber (25 grams or more), calcium (100% of RDA or more), and added sugar (fewer than 40 grams - this does not include things like fruit and veggies, only added sugars like those found in bread, packaged foods, candy, soda, sweeteners like honey, etc.). The important thing to note is that you don't HAVE to do this - as long as you create a calorie deficit you will lose weight - but that it makes it a lot easier to stick to if you aim for nutritious foods. Ex. You can eat a lot more (volume) of broccoli than french fries. Fiber and protein help you stay full. Fruit can satisfy sweet cravings. etc. 

I had a hiatus from physical activity for several months, but over the summer I was quite active and I think that helped boost my weight loss. As of a couple weeks ago we are getting back into it, though we can't walk or bike outside due to darkness and weather, so we're going to the gym. Combining the activity with the calorie counting I think is the best way because that way you don't have to eat so little that you feel deprived - you can eat more because you're burning off calories through exercise.

If it seems overwhelming, I definitely understand!!!!!! The way I did it was just to make one change at a time. Through a series of tiny incremental changes I've been able to completely shift the way I eat! Pick one thing per week and stick to it - so for example, 1st quit soda, 2nd start tracking food, 3rd start reducing calories, 4th add more veggies, 5th start tracking calcium (or whatever), etc. etc. One thing at a time until three months later and you don't even recognize your own eating habits!
 Good luck!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am ecstatic.

This is so awesome Pat.  I've said it before and others have also but really, you are an inspiration.  I admire your tenacity in sticking to it, even though you've had your ups and downs.  

Today was a good day to see this.  I've been somewhat out of control for a couple of weeks.  I was craving sweets and carbs all the time.  As it turned out, last Friday, I got my period for the first time in 7 months.  I'm 55, was hoping that I'd make it to that full year and know I'd be done with it.  Now, I have to start all over again.  But, it does explain why perhaps, I was not able to stick to my plan like I had been.  Obviously, this time of year is also difficult with all the food being in your face.  My office, keeps getting gift baskets of all kinds of goodies.  One last week came directly to me and I took it home instead of sharing it with the staff ("Kringles" from Wisconsin, a type of filled ring pastry).  Today, another box arrived filled with chocolate.  This one, I put out for everyone.  

I think, I've reached my saturation point.  Anyway, trying hard to get back on track now.  

Congrats to everyone else who has had a good couple of weeks!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you, and congratulations to you too.  You know I started at a weight not that much less than where you began.  I really do understand what it is like to weigh that much, and how much every min-goal and milestone you reach, means.  It will be 4 years end of April 2015 since I began this, when I'm done I will have lost 228 lbs.  I think I am proof that a little loss, consistently, sure adds up.  I look forward to seeing you hit that next 50 pounds off mark :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is so awesome Pat.  I've said it before and others have also but really, you are an inspiration.  I admire your tenacity in sticking to it, even though you've had your ups and downs.  

Today was a good day to see this.  I've been somewhat out of control for a couple of weeks.  I was craving sweets and carbs all the time.  As it turned out, last Friday, I got my period for the first time in 7 months.  I'm 55, was hoping that I'd make it to that full year and know I'd be done with it.  Now, I have to start all over again.  But, it does explain why perhaps, I was not able to stick to my plan like I had been.  Obviously, this time of year is also difficult with all the food being in your face.  My office, keeps getting gift baskets of all kinds of goodies.  One last week came directly to me and I took it home instead of sharing it with the staff ("Kringles" from Wisconsin, a type of filled ring pastry).  Today, another box arrived filled with chocolate.  This one, I put out for everyone.  

I think, I've reached my saturation point.  Anyway, trying hard to get back on track now.  

Congrats to everyone else who has had a good couple of weeks!
I know those Kringles!  We have gotten a 2 pack of those every year for the past several years, but didn't bother this year.  I would just keep one frozen forever, and portion out the one we had thawed.  I am not sure I'd have lost this weight if I didn't have a plan that allows me to work in a goodie once a day.
Fwiw, my experience has been that once I've gotten out of balance with when and how many carbs I'm eating, it takes me at least 3 days to quit with the cravings and up to 2 weeks to be back in my blissful spot where I eat, and full, and not hungry (and no cravings) until a few hours later when my tummy growls at me.  Life is a lot easier without those stinkin cravings.  Sooooo...get back on the plan that works for you, and hang on for a couple of days.  Then you'll feel better :)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I know those Kringles!  We have gotten a 2 pack of those every year for the past several years, but didn't bother this year.  I would just keep one frozen forever, and portion out the one we had thawed.  I am not sure I'd have lost this weight if I didn't have a plan that allows me to work in a goodie once a day.
Fwiw, my experience has been that once I've gotten out of balance with when and how many carbs I'm eating, it takes me at least 3 days to quit with the cravings and up to 2 weeks to be back in my blissful spot where I eat, and full, and not hungry (and no cravings) until a few hours later when my tummy growls at me.  Life is a lot easier without those stinkin cravings.  Sooooo...get back on the plan that works for you, and hang on for a couple of days.  Then you'll feel better :)
Thank you Pat.  I needed to hear this.  Trying, daily lol.

BTW, I froze most of the Kringle.  Three of them!!! Who sends three?  LOL.  After eating up one of them (me and Tom), the other is, a week later, still in the fridge in a plastic bag.  At least, we didn't consume the whole thing :p  

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Monday here. I've had another good week. This week I'm reducing my calories and doing cardio only. This will be the test to see if I have built some muscle in under there!!! I celebrate Cheistmas so I plan to enjoy myself and eat a couple of nice meals on Christmas Day but I'm staying away from all the nibbles, chocolates, crackers and dips ect... I may or may not have one small serve of pudding but I will play that by ear. I'm going in with a plan rather than just letting myself go crazy.
Do you guys celebrate? Do you have plans?
Good luck with your weigh ins.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all - Congrats Tammat on another good week! 

I had another super good week - lost 2.53 pounds, for a total now lost of 202.73.  I am 25.27 pounds from my goal of 140. My weight by average is now 165.27.  If I hadn't woken up and weighed early today, I would have had an even higher total loss for the past week.

We do celebrate Christmas and I have my menu just about finished in terms of planning.

We will have a brunch of scrambled eggs, 1 homemade crab cake (which I will carefully make with no bread crumbs or flours) with 1 tablespoon of lemon cream, some spears of fresh steamed asparagus, coffee.

My Reward Meal will be: salad of romaine, celery, scallion and prolly a blue cheese dressing.  Ham - which we cured and brined and smoked ourselves - NO sugars used at any point. Mashed cauliflower (no butter or cream cheese or sour cream, just plain), 1 Citrus Pepper Oopsie Roll (my variation of the Atkins recipe floating out on the Internet) with 1/2 tsp. butter. Warm broccoli salad (fresh broccoli boiled, with mozzarella cheese, smoked red pepper and a vinaigrette dressing). Not positive but for my carbs prolly 1 oz. of our homemade Swedish Spiced Vodka and 1 Hungarian Nut Roll (I made these and my gram's molasses crinkle cookies this year...both freeze well and both aren't bad re calorie counts).

Good luck to all - the key to success during the holidays - plan for food you will love, that fits on your plan!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is official!  I've lost over 200 pounds now, by averaged weights.  My daily weight today is 165.5 (been under 166 for the past 3 days), my new weight by average is 167.8, for a tiny loss this past week of .87 of a pound
I am ecstatic.
good for you pat and all the others. You are all amazing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a note that I will be starting a new thread for 2015. I will post a link here when I do. I will be back in the wagon for 2015. :anon:

Status
Not open for further replies.