The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd rather practice moderation in eating than moderation in drinking a baking soda solution! Blech!!! 

I've had a great past few days. I've been eating just below my calorie goal, but not SUPER below, so I don't feel hungry at the end of the night. My fiber intake has been getting a lot better too. And, I just started drinking green tea. Some swear it helps their metabolism but I'm not so sure about that; I just like the taste, the antioxidant benefits, and the fluoride for my teeth! If it helps with weight loss, that's just a bonus! I brew about 6-8 ounces then pour over a tall cup of ice. It's really, really good.

Haven't seen my home scale budge lately; it's been fluctuating back & forth between the same .4 pounds. Hopefully I see some movement before Monday!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My scales went up 500 gms overnight. Aargh. That makes 800 gms up for the week. That's a lot. I am supposed to eat more so let's hope the extra weight is muscle ;). I've only eaten very clean and I haven't binged for over 2 weeks. That is a very big positive for me.
Good luck to everyone.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a slight gain of .20 of a pound.  After last week's whoosh, I'm not surprised :)  I ate out twice this past weekend, without seeing a huge upswing in weight, so I count them both as successes.

My meal out last night was just over 1000 calories, and that still let me have a bison burger with bun, coleslaw that was really really good,  and 1/2 of a scrumptious dessert.  It's the holidays - I enjoy what I make and get, but do not "take a day off" which I think makes a difference.

You can all do this..just plan, plan, plan.

I had a friend invite us to her birthday party end of December, but she almost didn't because she thought we couldn't eat the food she'd be serving.  I told her I can have anything, I'll just make it a reward meal, and choose what's appropriate for me.  Best of all, I get to bring a dish, and it will be completely compatible with what I can have, and others will enjoy it.  It's my breadless variation of a ham-spinach-gruyere savory bread pudding :) 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a slight gain of .20 of a pound.  After last week's whoosh, I'm not surprised :)  I ate out twice this past weekend, without seeing a huge upswing in weight, so I count them both as successes.

My meal out last night was just over 1000 calories, and that still let me have a bison burger with bun, coleslaw that was really really good,  and 1/2 of a scrumptious dessert.  It's the holidays - I enjoy what I make and get, but do not "take a day off" which I think makes a difference.

You can all do this..just plan, plan, plan.

I had a friend invite us to her birthday party end of December, but she almost didn't because she thought we couldn't eat the food she'd be serving.  I told her I can have anything, I'll just make it a reward meal, and choose what's appropriate for me.  Best of all, I get to bring a dish, and it will be completely compatible with what I can have, and others will enjoy it.  It's my breadless variation of a ham-spinach-gruyere savory bread pudding :) 
:clap: yay for you.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Tammat.  I know I have to continue making this choice to eat the way I feel best on.  I will never 'be done".  Oof!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Tammat.  I know I have to continue making this choice to eat the way I feel best on.  I will never 'be done".  Oof!
I feel exactly the same. The more I continue though the more I learn which foods make me feel great and satisfied and which foods don't.i will always be a bit obsessed with food but I am the one in control now. I chose a healthy life :D

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey there ladies! Small gains ain't nothin but a thang, so keep doing what you're doing! Pat, glad to hear you've had success in eating out in moderation! 

I lost 1.25 pounds this week. It is a tiny bit low for my liking, simply because I need to lose 1.44 pounds (average) per week in order to meet my end of year goals. Even so, I'm pleased to have a loss, and that brings me up to 46 pounds lost since June 15.

Been cooking up a storm lately and really focusing on my nutrition goals: meeting or exceeding my calcium and fiber goals each day, and staying under my added sugar goal each day. I'm also working on incorporating more produce into our foods. I started adding spinach to my smoothies, and it's pretty good although it did change the texture a bit. I think we are going to upgrade to the NutriBullet in place of the Magic Bullet, which has a stronger motor and seems to pulverize/liquify things a lot better. Hopefully that will help! Tomorrow I'm going to be making baked zucchini fries! They should be yummy. :) I'm also making a black bean vegetable soup that has a whopping 13 grams of fiber per serving. And less than 250 calories! Hope it all turns out well :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey there ladies! Small gains ain't nothin but a thang, so keep doing what you're doing! Pat, glad to hear you've had success in eating out in moderation! 

I lost 1.25 pounds this week. It is a tiny bit low for my liking, simply because I need to lose 1.44 pounds (average) per week in order to meet my end of year goals. Even so, I'm pleased to have a loss, and that brings me up to 46 pounds lost since June 15.

Been cooking up a storm lately and really focusing on my nutrition goals: meeting or exceeding my calcium and fiber goals each day, and staying under my added sugar goal each day. I'm also working on incorporating more produce into our foods. I started adding spinach to my smoothies, and it's pretty good although it did change the texture a bit. I think we are going to upgrade to the NutriBullet in place of the Magic Bullet, which has a stronger motor and seems to pulverize/liquify things a lot better. Hopefully that will help! Tomorrow I'm going to be making baked zucchini fries! They should be yummy. :) I'm also making a black bean vegetable soup that has a whopping 13 grams of fiber per serving. And less than 250 calories! Hope it all turns out well :)
Congrats on your loss this past week and to date.  The zucchini fries sound intriguing..I love experimenting with various veggie dishes.  This past Summer I got a spiralizer and love making zucchini noodles and "flatbread" using riced cauliflower.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yay for you :clap: Your loss this week maybe low but you are winning anyway.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ladies, how was this week?

Astonishingly, I managed to finagle a .75 lb loss this week. I have no idea how, as I indulged quite a bit at TWO Thanksgiving meals, one on Thursday and one on Saturday. I'm not complaining! I really need to get in gear, though. My last weigh-in of the year is December 15, so only two more to go. I need to lose 3.25 by that date to hit my 50-lbs goal!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! Gonna be more strict this week. 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this is a first for me - I had a second week in a row with a very slight gain - .44 of a pound, for a new average of 171.5.  The good news is..it's not because I took a day or even a meal off, and my daily weights for 3 days now are all 170.5 or lower.  I do think I will see the 160s again this week, and get back to a week with a loss :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work parsleysage and good work Pat. Hope you see the 160s Pat.

My weight is going up. A bit of it will be fat but I'm hoping a lot iis muscle. I've been eating more food but I'm very proud to say that it's all been clean. I'm just going to report in each week if I eat well. This week I did a super job.

Good luck everyone. :clap:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work parsleysage and good work Pat. Hope you see the 160s Pat.

My weight is going up. A bit of it will be fat but I'm hoping a lot iis muscle. I've been eating more food but I'm very proud to say that it's all been clean. I'm just going to report in each week if I eat well. This week I did a super job.

Good luck everyone.
I have faith in you!  I expect if it's muscle as you are working so hard for, your shape will be changing in a way you can tell isn't from increased fat gain :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am looking forward to averaging tomorrow..I've now seen the 160s for 4 days in a row, and have had 3 new one day lows in a row until this morning..lol.  I don't care that this am is 4/10ths higher than yesterday..today is a 167.0 which = 201 pounds lost!  Whee!  So happy to finally be seeing the 160s.  Looking forward to the sub-165s in the next couple of weeks.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 2.86 pounds - so lost the .74 total I'd gained in the last 2 weeks plus a real loss of just over 2 pounds.  My new weight by average is now 168.67 - 28.76 pounds to goal!! I am smiling!  .67 of a pound from being able to say I have lost 200 pounds.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I lost 2.86 pounds - so lost the .74 total I'd gained in the last 2 weeks plus a real loss of just over 2 pounds.  My new weight by average is now 168.67 - 28.76 pounds to goal!! I am smiling!  .67 of a pound from being able to say I have lost 200 pounds.
Gosh, that is SO incredible Pat! 

It's been a tough couple of weeks for me.  From Thanksgiving onward, I've been eating just too much to wind up gaining back a couple of pounds.  Haven't "fallen" completely, but finding it difficult with the season bringing too many food items into my range of vision which are real triggers for me - like cheese for instance.  Trying hard to get a grip.  It's easier when I'm at the office than home.  Although, the office was a big reason for cheese consumption last Friday - we had an office event after hours and that's all there was to nibble on.  

Not beating myself up, just need to give myself a good talking to! 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Gosh, that is SO incredible Pat! 

It's been a tough couple of weeks for me.  From Thanksgiving onward, I've been eating just too much to wind up gaining back a couple of pounds.  Haven't "fallen" completely, but finding it difficult with the season bringing too many food items into my range of vision which are real triggers for me - like cheese for instance.  Trying hard to get a grip.  It's easier when I'm at the office than home.  Although, the office was a big reason for cheese consumption last Friday - we had an office event after hours and that's all there was to nibble on.  

Not beating myself up, just need to give myself a good talking to! 
Thank you!  It has taken me a LONG time to figure out how to handle the holidays.  My best suggestion is to put together favorite on plan menus to handle those days.  I literally map out a menu for a holiday or a day that might be tough (i.e. hubby's company Christmas party).  The more planning I do ahead of time, I can then relax on that day, because I've made my choices...allowing for whatever I'm longing for at that time.  For you, work in some cheese :)
I do find my way of eating - complex carbs just once a day works so well because I can scratch the I want some baked goods itch, or I want some holiday vodka (my husband and I have a recipe for a Swedish spiced holiday vodka that we make and it is to die for.  1 ounce is more than enough..lol.).
I have several go to special brunch recipes I make for holidays that leave me not feeling deprived because I'm not having waffles or some such Christmas morning.  Instead, on holidays like Easter, I have an escarole mushroom cheese frittata I have a superb recipe for, for Thanksgiving, we had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and lemon cream, for Christmas I'll make a recipe have for a ham/redpepper/spinach bread pudding where I simply leave out the bread :)
You will find the "how to" for you.  If any of the recipes I mentioned sound good to you, let me know and I'll send you links or the recipes.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, congrats Pat!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!

I had a good week too; I lost 2.25 lbs for a total of 49! Ahhhh, I am SO CLOSE!!!!!!!! to my goal of hitting 50 lbs. I gotta make that last pound next week! Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.