The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thankfully, I managed to eek out a half pound loss this week! 
 Phew!!!! That was too close. That brings me to 34.75 lbs lost - I was hoping to get over the 35 lb mark but I'm just glad it's not a gain. Hopefully yesterday is my last "eat out twice in one day" kinda day for a long time!
Congrats!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So did you get your $10?
I will as long as I lose (or maintain) next week! 

WOW, I'm really off track so far this week. I overate Sunday, yesterday, AND today. Not sure what's up - I don't feel any different, no more stressed than usual. I'm not feeling discouraged or anything like that. Maybe it's hormonal? Not sure but my work week starts tomorrow so at least I'll be out and about instead of in the house with access to food!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gained back 1/2 pound this week. Blah.  I had a feeling it would happen; I had a difficult week keeping to my plan.  Main meals were ok  other than one lunch, but, I made the mistake of bringing home various chippy things - baked and low in fat/calories compared to other ones, but still - chips.  A great weakness.  I also was having trouble not snacking at work.  I felt starving all week pretty much.

I need to go back and look at what I ate to see where I can do better this week.  Which probably amounts to not eating any kind of snack foods at all.  Once I start, very hard to stop.

Congrats to everyone who lost, and big hugs for everyone who gained.  Ok, wait - hugs for everyone 
  We all deserve one for continuing to try even when not successful in the short term.  We all know, it will pay off with hard work and determination!

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will as long as I lose (or maintain) next week! :woohoo:

WOW, I'm really off track so far this week. I overate Sunday, yesterday, AND today. Not sure what's up - I don't feel any different, no more stressed than usual. I'm not feeling discouraged or anything like that. Maybe it's hormonal? Not sure but my work week starts tomorrow so at least I'll be out and about instead of in the house with access to food!
Stay strong. Get back on track tomorrow. Come on. Think of the $10!!!! ;)

Last night I ate white pasta. I didnt intend too. I made it for the rest of the family. I ate one piece and that led to a whole serving. It didn't put me that much over my calories for the day but my tummy was so uncomfortable and this morning I was a whole kilo heavier[emoji]128576[/emoji] wheat just does not agree with me. That's fine. There are plenty of alternatives.
I did check out those websites Pat. Thanks

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Gained back 1/2 pound this week. Blah.  I had a feeling it would happen; I had a difficult week keeping to my plan.  Main meals were ok  other than one lunch, but, I made the mistake of bringing home various chippy things - baked and low in fat/calories compared to other ones, but still - chips.  A great weakness.  I also was having trouble not snacking at work.  I felt starving all week pretty much.

I need to go back and look at what I ate to see where I can do better this week.  Which probably amounts to not eating any kind of snack foods at all.  Once I start, very hard to stop.

Congrats to everyone who lost, and big hugs for everyone who gained.  Ok, wait - hugs for everyone 
  We all deserve one for continuing to try even when not successful in the short term.  We all know, it will pay off with hard work and determination!
I realize that when you want something crunchy what I'm going to suggest prolly won't suit..lol.  But, I find cheese sticks or the baby bonbell cheese rounds, with celery sticks or sliced green bell pepper to be very satisfying when I do have a snack.  Or mini dill pickles :)
You will figure it out, and once you have, you'll know what to reach for when you need an in-between meal bite that won't set you off.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I realize that when you want something crunchy what I'm going to suggest prolly won't suit..lol.  But, I find cheese sticks or the baby bonbell cheese rounds, with celery sticks or sliced green bell pepper to be very satisfying when I do have a snack.  Or mini dill pickles :)
You will figure it out, and once you have, you'll know what to reach for when you need an in-between meal bite that won't set you off.
I think, I might need to bring some veggie sticks with me to work.  Typically, there is an assortment of pita chips, popcorn, pretzels, nut/fruit mixtures and cookies.  None are too bad on their own; but when you eat an entire small bag, for Weight Watchers, that still comes in at 4-5 points each which is too much for a snack.  It's nearly a meal for me (both breakfast and lunch each come in around 6-8 points max).  

BTW I love pickles, but I don't think my co-workers will enjoy the odor on my breath LOL.  

At home, I suspect I should just go back to not purchasing anything that's a trigger food.  It isn't like I need it; and we can always make popcorn in the microwave if need be (no fat).  At least I'm getting a good amount of fiber if I binge on that

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I did forget to mention that I went down 1 size in pants this week!  Very comfortably too.

So there is that to celebrate, and be proud of!!!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh I did forget to mention that I went down 1 size in pants this week!  Very comfortably too.

So there is that to celebrate, and be proud of!!!
Uh, that is a huge success! That is evidence of your hard work all on its own - no scale reading needed! Way to go!!!! 

I did a little better the latter half of the week - hoping my weigh-in is not totally thrown off by the first few days of this week. I guess I'll know in about 18 hours! 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Monday here. I weighed on my scales and I was a kilo heavier. That's a bit over 2 pounds. Then I went to my trainer and he weighed me on his scales and according to his scales I had lost 300gms. :lol3: I Ate a lot last week but I also worked out very hard and he says my body probably needs the extra calories. Let's say I dodged a bullet this week!!!
Good luck everyone.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a whoosh week.  I lost 2.08 pounds, for a total now lost of 192.19 pounds.  35.81 pounds left to lose to reach goal.  Now, here's hoping I don't have a stay the same or slight gain week this week!  I typically have a "slow" week after a whoosh.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congratulations!

Me....I'm not going there.
I've been reading how much you are exercising.  There have been times when my success was a change in how clothes fit, I just reshaped.  Maybe that is the case for you this week?

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I gained a pound, but I knew it would happen. Friday was my birthday and I celebrated... Saturday and Sunday a bit too :) Had some junk food and I have a favorite cake which is to die for, it has raspberries, lychee cream and rose petals, with a macaroon layer. But I am back on track.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done Pat :clap:
Hang in there you other two. Everyday is a new day.
I actually read the wrong date in my diary do I didn't gain at all by my scales I actually lost 600 grams so in actual fact my trainers scales robbed me of 300 gms.
I ate perfectly yesterday and I'm feeling strong today.
Good luck to everyone who needs to weigh in still.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done losers! Pat, congrats on your big loss! 

I lost a half pound for the 2nd week in a row. I'm not thrilled, but it's good to know that even on weeks where I feel like I am a little out of control with my eating, overall I am still doing so much better than when I was gaining 15-20 pounds a year. It'll be a long journey, but I'll get there. So I'll take my half a pound. :) That makes me up to 35.25 pounds lost, 9.2% of my starting body weight gone.

We also had awards at my weight loss group tonight. For the month of September, I was the best loser with 10 pounds lost, so I got a charm for that. I also got a charm for my 2nd 10-lb loss with the group, and a charm for 5 losses in a row. I charmed it up tonight! lol. Yay!

Oh, and I won the money! $10, woohoo! And my name got drawn again for the contest, so 4 more weeks to lose (tonight counted twice, once for the completed contest and once for the new contest) and I win $10 again. I definitely recommend checking out to see if there is a local TOPS club chapter in your area - each chapter is independent so there will be different contests and awards and such, but it's so much fun and helps keep me on track.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done losers! Pat, congrats on your big loss! 

I lost a half pound for the 2nd week in a row. I'm not thrilled, but it's good to know that even on weeks where I feel like I am a little out of control with my eating, overall I am still doing so much better than when I was gaining 15-20 pounds a year. It'll be a long journey, but I'll get there. So I'll take my half a pound. :) That makes me up to 35.25 pounds lost, 9.2% of my starting body weight gone.

We also had awards at my weight loss group tonight. For the month of September, I was the best loser with 10 pounds lost, so I got a charm for that. I also got a charm for my 2nd 10-lb loss with the group, and a charm for 5 losses in a row. I charmed it up tonight! lol. Yay!

Oh, and I won the money! $10, woohoo! And my name got drawn again for the contest, so 4 more weeks to lose (tonight counted twice, once for the completed contest and once for the new contest) and I win $10 again. I definitely recommend checking out to see if there is a local TOPS club chapter in your area - each chapter is independent so there will be different contests and awards and such, but it's so much fun and helps keep me on track.
Woo! Hoo! $10 plus two charms!!!!! Half a pound lost is better than gained. Well done :)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat/Parlsey - great losses, celebrations!  

This week, not much lost, but at least i dropped off the few ounces I had gained back the week before.  I have more to write but it's way too early in the morning to form thoughts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.