The Spotted Seven at 11 days

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ashia's babies are 11 days old now, all doing very well. Very active and growing up fast.

Love those baby blues

Tawny male

Tawny female

Black spotted silver female

Chocolate male

Chocolate spotted silver male #1

Chocolate spotted silver male #2

Chocolate spotted silver female
(who is not pictured above) tawny and chocolate

Black silver, tawny and chocolate silvers

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I like the tawny female first and choco-silver male # 2 second (spot and type wise) chocolate third.

The choco-silver are a little two light tho. Tawny female has the best spotting.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know it's not all about the spots, but I love spots! Spotty spotty spotty babies. Love them. Any of them your new prospects?

maxiecat03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those babies are just so sweet! I love the Mom's colouring. It reminds me of Phoebe's colouring. She was just a DSH, and considered a Brown Tabby...but her colours were so vibrant and copper-y.....not just a usual brown at all. When she was a kitty, she was copper in colour with bold black stripes...very distinct. They faded a bit and melded into one another as she grew, but if you lifted her coat, there was that beautiful copper colour. For a DSH..I thought she was very special....

Enjoy your kitties!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maxi - the reason the color is a little different then yours, is because mom is a chocolate spotted - the brown is a chocolate color not the more blacker color of a tawny (which would be the normal color of a brown tabby like you have).

My first Oci was a chocolate; Jack is a cinnamon (red-chocolate color) and my next one will be a choc-silver boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

I know it's not all about the spots, but I love spots! Spotty spotty spotty babies. Love them. Any of them your new prospects?
I love the spots too of course
It's especially fun with a bigger litter than last time and more colours. Not really looking at keeping anything this time but there are several nice kittens in there.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh my I am blinded by spotted beautys

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not looking at them from a breeders point of view (I know nuttin' about that!), they're just plain adorable!!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do agree they are all cute, but as a former breeder and still show regularly I have a tendency to pick out the best and 2nd best in any litter. Especially with the Oci's as I'm waiting for a choco-silver boy this month or in October.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I think they are all adorable
And wouldn't expect anyone to view them the same way I am.

Even breeders can disagree on what's the best in a litter, especially as kittens grow and change, ears move up, spots separate.
Also looking at just a couple of photos when I'm viewing from all different angles and lighting. I'm looking at more than just spots

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've learned time and again that pictures only tell half the story. You've got to get your hands on a cat to really know how it ranks. Coat texture, muscle tone, boning, and skull structure need to be felt. And a picture isn't going to reveal any DQ issues, like a kinked tail, nor will a picture easily reveal structural issues like cow hocks or hernias.

Three breeders can easily pick three different kittens from the same litter and still feel as though they came out with the pick. The best cat for one program might not be the best cat for another. Not all programs envision the standard the same way. While some traits are always wrong in a particular breed, there are also many ways to get it right!

I don't even try to rank my kittens until they are about 8-9 weeks old. I feel that at that age, I have a good sense as to how they will continue to develop. Obvious pets will stand out long before then, but you never know who might be the sleeper of the group. I also actively court the opinions of other breeders, because they might see something in a different way or provide me with new insights. I am always changing my mind. . . I'm sure it drives my pet buyers nuts, but too much is at stake for me to make the wrong decision.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are all very cute!

I am partial to the Chocolate Spotted Silver male #1 though, he has a very sweet look on his face, awwww!

Very lovely cats, great job!!!