The Secret Santa Discussion Thread - 2009

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
My santee should be getting a package by the end of next week. My original plan was to take it with me at Thanksgiving when I went to visit family. I thought I could keep my santee guessing a little longer by sending the package from there. Oh well.

I finally got everything finished a couple of days ago, but this has been an extremely busy week so I didn't get to the Post Office until this afternoon. Or wait. Maybe I did get it mailed earlier. Has anybody gotten a package from Tucson?

Shareena sends her apologies to the furkid(s). He/she/they is/are short one toy in the box. I was wrapping things up and she did a quick dash across the table and swiped a catnip toy on the way. You have to understand this is a cat who does not react to catnip and does not play with toys, so obviously I couldn't take it away from her. She also thoroughly tested another toy and gave it a 5
rating, but I made her give it back.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did some mad baking tonight! I hope my SS will appreciate it! I got everything wrapped up and I will mail it off tomorrow morning!

I couldn't do all the baking because my hands are so dry and cracked I can't bend them. I couldn't find the udder balm that someone recommended to me.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I did some mad baking tonight! I hope my SS will appreciate it! I got everything wrapped up and I will mail it off tomorrow morning!

I couldn't do all the baking because my hands are so dry and cracked I can't bend them. I couldn't find the udder balm that someone recommended to me.

You can normally find it in feed stores (not petfood stores) or online. I have heard it works great but have never used it.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you have TSC stores there? (Tractor Supply Company)

If not, you should be able to find it in any store that sells feed/cow supplies/horse supplies.

It does work....very well in fact.

Let me know if you can't find any and I'll mail you some.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

... I couldn't find the udder balm that someone recommended to me.

Is this the same as "Bag Balm" (which is a balm/ointment for udders)??? If so, you can find it in the pet department at Walmart, or at most drug stores in the lotion area. Not the scented pretty lotions, the 'my hands are about to fall off' lotions. Pic of the tin:

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At Walmart, Dollar Tree and some of the other stores you can also get Udderly Smooth (version of the same stuff) and it's in a container that has cow spots on it. That is the only thing that works for me.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
packaged mailed! We got to the post office just in time. It almost didn't go out. My location changed their hours to 12pm and DS was/is having a cranky morning. We got there with 2mins to spare!

So if you get a package by Friday it might be me.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

packaged mailed! We got to the post office just in time. It almost didn't go out. My location changed their hours to 12pm and DS was/is having a cranky morning. We got there with 2mins to spare!

So if you get a package by Friday it might be me.
Nice timing
I'll keep my eyes out....

I made all my appts in the afternoon for next week so that I don't miss the mail lady at all
Hopefully she pays me a visit soon

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Do you have TSC stores there? (Tractor Supply Company)

If not, you should be able to find it in any store that sells feed/cow supplies/horse supplies.

It does work....very well in fact.

Let me know if you can't find any and I'll mail you some.
I do have one of those! Thanks! I will check that out!

I mailed my package today!!!
My SS should receive it sometime next week! I am excited!!!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Is this the same as "Bag Balm" (which is a balm/ointment for udders)??? If so, you can find it in the pet department at Walmart, or at most drug stores in the lotion area. Not the scented pretty lotions, the 'my hands are about to fall off' lotions. Pic of the tin:
That is what my vet recommended to me!!! I looked at Wal-mart, but couldn't find it. I know not all Wal-marts carry everything.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to bake, but my Secret Santee likes chocolate so I just sent chocolate. If you like chocolate maybe I'm your Secret Santa.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I love to bake, but my Secret Santee likes chocolate so I just sent chocolate. If you like chocolate maybe I'm your Secret Santa.
Lots of chocolate lovers here. Could be anybody!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to get my present! I live in NYC so its more like looking for a delivery notice everyday
, which is just as exciting
! Maia is more anxious then me!