The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I meant to post this but forgot so it's a late positive. Over the weekend we hiked on a trail by a lovely lake. The leaves were changing colors, a few people were fishing and there were some kayaks and canoes. The clouds danced across the sky and it made me appreciate my favorite season, autumn. 🍁 Here are two pics I took on our hike.

IMG_1326.jpeg IMG_1328.jpeg

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is my fifth wedding anniversary! It was such a beautiful day. We walked down the aisle together to "Time Machine" from "Safety Not Guaranteed." We had walked from one building--the one with the pretty stairs--into the other building, so I had shoes on. Because it hurts me to walk in shoes on carpet, he stopped me at the door, bent down, and slipped off my shoes. During the ceremony, he kept saying, "I do!" instead of the lines he was meant to be saying. It caused a small wave of giggles each time, but it was just so cute! After the part came in the ceremony, he said, "Finally! I have been waiting for that forever." The officiant who married us said that the love he and I have for each other touched her so much that she did not feel right charging us a fee. The closeup of the plate is the one belonging to my then 7-year-old niece. We picked out books for everyone to take with them. They also got chopsticks (except my niece who did not get any), and they all got to pick out and take a crystal with them. We had a sit-down dinner party with dim sum and some American Chinese dishes from our favorite local place who made it all special for us. (I forgot to iron the tablecloth!)

More than 12 years together and I am still wildly in love with this man!

16486965_375202552857844_425780723759651533_o.jpg wedding1.jpg 16423107_375202816191151_8122137692060439113_o.jpg wedding12.jpg wedding8.jpg 15003325_330421400669293_4980330388878805220_o.jpg 16601988_375201756191257_563853647254008591_o.jpg 16602373_375202492857850_583103422378106146_o.jpg

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Anniversary! I think I said this last year, but I love your wedding photos and your venue.

If an unironed tablecloth was the biggest issue, I think you had a great day!

Thank you!

The area is simply breathtaking. It is the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Penninsula, Ohio Since our wedding was so small, we got married in the Stone Cottage, which is typically where they have brides or grooms get ready. Because we were the only ones booked that day, they let us use the Happy Days Lodge to get ready. They offered to let us move everything into the lodge and get ready in the cottage, but the cottage was perfect for us. Obviously, we used the lodge for some pictures, too!

The tablecloth was the only "issue" we had! Thankfully, our only expectations were to have the officiant show up and for us to be legally married at the end of the day, so we were fine with pretty much anything else happening. I felt absolutely no stress pertaining to ur wedding that day, even though I set up everything for the ceremony and reception.

Not only did our officiant not charge us, but the photographer gave us a huge discount ($180 for an hour but really have us two hours) because she was able to schedule other photoshoots on the grounds under the permit we had. My son's former boss made us our cake for free as well. (We technically were given a price, but he refused our payment.) We know the people who made our food and are on friendly terms with them, so they gave us a 20% discount and made the dim sum special, since it is not something they typically make at the their restaurant. Oh, and it was 75 degrees with a light breeze that day, too! Who could ask for better luck!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy 5th Wedding Anniversary! 🤗 Here's a toast for sharing your wonderful pics and story with us. :beerchug: The two of you make a beautiful couple and I hope you have many, many more years of bliss together. 💖
Thank you!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is my fifth wedding anniversary! It was such a beautiful day. We walked down the aisle together to "Time Machine" from "Safety Not Guaranteed." We had walked from one building--the one with the pretty stairs--into the other building, so I had shoes on. Because it hurts me to walk in shoes on carpet, he stopped me at the door, bent down, and slipped off my shoes. During the ceremony, he kept saying, "I do!" instead of the lines he was meant to be saying. It caused a small wave of giggles each time, but it was just so cute! After the part came in the ceremony, he said, "Finally! I have been waiting for that forever." The officiant who married us said that the love he and I have for each other touched her so much that she did not feel right charging us a fee. The closeup of the plate is the one belonging to my then 7-year-old niece. We picked out books for everyone to take with them. They also got chopsticks (except my niece who did not get any), and they all got to pick out and take a crystal with them. We had a sit-down dinner party with dim sum and some American Chinese dishes from our favorite local place who made it all special for us. (I forgot to iron the tablecloth!)

More than 12 years together and I am still wildly in love with this man!

View attachment 400701View attachment 400702View attachment 400703View attachment 400705View attachment 400706View attachment 400707View attachment 400708View attachment 400709
Happy Anniversary!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy anniversary Elphaba09 Elphaba09 !

I found something on DS's Christmas list for 50% off today in Walmart. I had to wait on a prescription so I wandered all the Christmas aisles ands the toys. I ended up getting several smaller things for both kids and a nephew and niece. It feels good to get that done and out of the way before the real holidays hit. Plus I really didn't intend to get that thing if it was full price. ;)

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The pet store we usually go to was completely out of the canned food I buy for Carleton. He won't eat any other brands or flavors. :frown: My positive is I tried calling a different store a little further from my home and they had 20 cans - I told them I would buy them all.👍

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The pet store we usually go to was completely out of the canned food I buy for Carleton. He won't eat any other brands or flavors. :frown: My positive is I tried calling a different store a little further from my home and they had 20 cans - I told them I would buy them all.👍
My pet store, and maybe many, have been so inconsistent with what is on the shelves that I have had to start ordering thru Chewy so I don’t need to shop a couple stores every week for a supply.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My pet store, and maybe many, have been so inconsistent with what is on the shelves that I have had to start ordering thru Chewy so I don’t need to shop a couple stores every week for a supply.
Chewy doesn't carry the brand of food I buy for Carleton but I could order it from the store through their autoship feature. I may have to utilize it if this keeps happening. I worry about the recent shortages that have effected everything from food to household products, etc.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful day today...sunny and will reach 60.☀✌

I have been having probs as well with dry food being in stock. Last month I bought it online ahead of time
and did the same the other day. It will arrive today. I also bought the safety Q-Tips that can only enter the ear
canal a small distance and peroxide. I have had a prob finding them.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH gave me a gift card to one of our local coffee shops, (not SB), so I treated myself to a 16 oz. latte. :yummy: But my positive was seeing this while walking from the parking lot. It's a little early especially since there's no snow yet but a nice surprise.

IMG_1330.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be cooking Thanksgiving for just myself and my auntie this year and went to the store this afternoon to pick up a turkey breast for the meal. I don’t know if these are new this year or I just discovered them but they had mini Butterball turkeys - large chicken size but a turkey! So instead of a boneless, skinless turkey breast, which isn’t my favorite, I picked up a seven pound turkey. Just so perfect for us and others with small gatherings.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be cooking Thanksgiving for just myself and my auntie this year and went to the store this afternoon to pick up a turkey breast for the meal. I don’t know if these are new this year or I just discovered them but they had mini Butterball turkeys - large chicken size but a turkey! So instead of a boneless, skinless turkey breast, which isn’t my favorite, I picked up a seven pound turkey. Just so perfect for us and others with small gatherings.
Perfect size! I do not care for turkey, but that sounds great for 2-3 people!! And fast cooking!

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I brought minish back to my apartment from the summer house where she lives with mom half of the year. I was concerned she would complain, since I have no garden and the apartment is much smaller. But she adapted immediately this time, checking out the new stuff, re-napping on her favorite spots. She also remembers and goes along with the rules of this house, meaning less time in the balcony, less food.. It's lovely to see her relaxed and in place. I had missed her so so much

Status
Not open for further replies.