The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

squeaksmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And I thought I had the only squeaking kitty! She stopped meowing when she was about 2 She made no sounds at all for a year and then started squeaking.  That's when her name became Squeak.  Now she's 19 and hasn't changed her vocals at all.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such boring vegetable as potato is also much better when you just go to field and grab what you need. How I envy places where even during winter they can grow stuff, our 2 months of summer and usually 2 more when something grows is just too litte. At southern part of our country summer is more than 1 whole month longer and our country is tiny, only 1200km from northest point to southest point. Hmm, should that be north most?

I guess finnish and british people tend to talk a lot about weather, but I guess that is because we get so big variation from year to year.

When I did research history of cats, somewhere they did talk about beginning of farming and how that caused cats to be tamed to pets. But there was more to it, one place where farming was invented was Sahara, just 10 000 years ago there was huge lake in middle of Sahara desert, it was close to size of Mediterranean sea. About 4000 years ago it did vanish completely.

I'm probably boring everyone from talking too much about weather, so I must mention one great book I did read recently, it is a cat's tale by Robert Dixon, more surprisingly it is free ebook and it was really good, can't remember many other books that has worked so well for me, I find a link... ah here it is:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/131891

There are other books in series, this link is for whole serie, other parts need to be bought, but price is ridiculous 1 dollar for each book, so now you don't need to be bored as there is whole adventure to dive into :D

Ooops, the link, here http://www.smashwords.com/books/byseries/1632

Last edited:

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anybody else here read Dewey the Small-Town Library Cat that Touched the World? They were supposed to make a movie of it with Meryl Streep as the librarian, but I heard it got put on hold.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

And I thought I had the only squeaking kitty! She stopped meowing when she was about 2 She made no sounds at all for a year and then started squeaking.  That's when her name became Squeak.  Now she's 19 and hasn't changed her vocals at all.
How cute that your kitty found her voice after a year, and to still be squeeking away at 19!  My 19 year old meowed at such a high volume I could hear her out on the street and I'm up in a first floor apartment!  The neighbours must all have been able to hear her too.  My squeeky boy Mouse does meow and chirrup too, but his squeek sound is very cute and he does it a lot.  I hope he doesn't change his voice, and also that he is still around and happy at 19. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Just a quick babble before kid's yoga class.  Today we're doing to do Surya Namaskara with bijas, some bhastrika with mahabandha and a bit of japa...
Hey, I thought these posts were supposed to be comprehensible!!  
    You teach yoga?  I've tried it on and off but after years of not having the discipline to attend class regularly, I got some DVD's so after I get off the treadmill, I will sometimes do a 20 minute routine.  I suppose it's more 'stretching' than actual yoga practice but I do enjoy it.  

kimmismom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MIL is having fun training her to use the puppy pads and shes crate training her too.  Such a sweet baby!!  I so want to run out and buy her clothes!
What an adorable white puppy!
She looks like a little princess, sitting on that big fluffy couch. I love those big ears.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
MIL is having fun training her to use the puppy pads and shes crate training her too.  Such a sweet baby!!  I so want to run out and buy her clothes!
What an adorable pup, but don't let the cuteness fool you, they all have baby "shark" teeth and can chew through anything.  Just saying.  Luckily they all grow out of it.  After you lose a few shoes or slippers.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morgana was snoozing on my chest, with stretched out limbs on my arms, for three hours last night. Three hour I didn't move at all, so stiff...became sore too. But have a hard time wanting to disturb the little sweeeetiiieee in the midst of her tender peaceful sleep! Even if it means blood collecting and tingling areas for the human bed.

The things we do for our masters. I mean, kitties.

(Felt really good to stretch afterwards though!)

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Raintyger...is that about a kitten that someone left at a library, my librarian told me about it.  I wish they would make a movie....I love meryl streep....best actress ever!
Well, the kitty got left inside a bookdrop. Got dumped in there on a very cold night. It's been some time since I've read the book, but I believe it was set in Iowa. The library staff couldn't figure out if whoever put the cat in there was trying to protect it from the cold or was just mean, considering the other books that might've been dropped in afterwards. But then again, maybe the person thought that possibility was low - who would come out in that weather to drop off library books?

Thanks to all the fresh grown veggie commenters. Maybe I'll try something easy to grow, something that you can just scatter the seeds.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Morgana was snoozing on my chest, with stretched out limbs on my arms, for three hours last night. Three hour I didn't move at all, so stiff...became sore too. But have a hard time wanting to disturb the little sweeeetiiieee in the midst of her tender peaceful sleep! Even if it means blood collecting and tingling areas for the human bed.

The things we do for our masters. I mean, kitties.

(Felt really good to stretch afterwards though!)
Okay, some owners are better than others....lol.
..I will allow them to sleep near me but after a certain weight gain,(meaning any weight after kittenhood).... I can no longer handle the little bed warmer being on my legs for too long.  Pins and needles, and I have accidentally turned in my sleep, so now it is on their own side of bed or beside the pillow.  

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay! We finally get to see the puppy.  She is absolutely adorable!  I'm so happy for your MIL

@Raintyger   I'm happy to hear you've been inspired!  Try growing green beans.  They're super easy to grow and super prolific.  Select a bush type.  It  will stay compact and you won't have to worry about trellising.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

What an adorable pup, but don't let the cuteness fool you, they all have baby "shark" teeth and can chew through anything.  Just saying.  Luckily they all grow out of it.  After you lose a few shoes or slippers.

My Mom's dog Abby used to nibble bare spots with her front teeth in her living room carpet.
  She was also known for trying to eat wood.

I forgot today is a holiday.  DH doesn't have the day off so I guess I didn't have a reason to think of it.  Except that a friend and I had briefly talked about getting together today.  I just noticed my 4 year old has some big dark circles under her eyes; in spite of having slept more than an hour later than usual.  She's acting fine otherwise; but we are going to take it easy anyway.  I need to get busy with house work; but babbling is so much more fun!  Know what I mean?  Let's see....there's laundry, vacuuming, floor steaming, toys to pick up, dishes to wash, dusting....  Or babbling.  Or legos!  My son is enjoying those these days.  I think in his gibberish he is also trying to ask me to put Sesame Street on.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to get busy with house work; but babbling is so much more fun!  Know what I mean?  Let's see....there's laundry, vacuuming, floor steaming, toys to pick up, dishes to wash, dusting....  Or babbling.  Or legos!  My son is enjoying those these days.  I think in his gibberish he is also trying to ask me to put Sesame Street on.
It is NOT babbling! It is fulfilling your TCS mod squad obligations and must be given appropriate priority!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Raintyger...is that about a kitten that someone left at a library, my librarian told me about it.  I wish they would make a movie....I love meryl streep....best actress ever!
Well, the kitty got left inside a bookdrop. Got dumped in there on a very cold night. It's been some time since I've read the book, but I believe it was set in Iowa. The library staff couldn't figure out if whoever put the cat in there was trying to protect it from the cold or was just mean, considering the other books that might've been dropped in afterwards. But then again, maybe the person thought that possibility was low - who would come out in that weather to drop off library books?

Thanks to all the fresh grown veggie commenters. Maybe I'll try something easy to grow, something that you can just scatter the seeds.
thanks @Raintyger  ...I forgot about that story, and I did not know it was an actual real life event.   I thought it was fiction and meant to teach some morals.  I gotta go see if they have an audiobook version.

And as for the gardening, you can also just try to grow tomatoes in large pots outdoors. They do quite well, but you have to add some supports.  As @PennyWise  said, beans are super easy and so is lettuce.  Just throw those seeds.  I have even seen one neighbour plant her veges in front with her flowers, but I never asked how the bugs or flowers like it.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in the 70's I rented a basement apartment in Knoxville TN. One time it rained very heavily & water came in and flooded my carpet. As I put my BARE foot down on the floor before knowing this, it landed squarely on the back of a 6" long speckled slug, crawling along at the side of my bed! Until you've seen something that gross, you haven't experienced the true deep South! ;)

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Back in the 70's I rented a basement apartment in Knoxville TN. One time it rained very heavily & water came in and flooded my carpet. As I put my BARE foot down on the floor before knowing this, it landed squarely on the back of a 6" long speckled slug, crawling along at the side of my bed! Until you've seen something that gross, you haven't experienced the true deep South!
Ugh sounds utterly gross! 
    When I was little, I was walking outside in my socks, and I stepped on a slug.  Right near the ball of my foot, so it squished through my toes.  I still get nauseous thinking about it.  So I know kind of how you feel.  Although my slug was probably just a little garden variety one, and not a 6" monster.

>excuses herself to the bathroom<

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in the 70's I rented a basement apartment in Knoxville TN. One time it rained very heavily & water came in and flooded my carpet. As I put my BARE foot down on the floor before knowing this, it landed squarely on the back of a 6" long speckled slug, crawling along at the side of my bed! Until you've seen something that gross, you haven't experienced the true deep South!
My Hawaiian friends used to tell me to inspect my shoes before putting them on when visiting them. Giant cockroaches are known to climb inside and use shoes for a bedroom.

thanks @Raintyger  ...I forgot about that story, and I did not know it was an actual real life event.   I thought it was fiction and meant to teach some morals.  I gotta go see if they have an audiobook version.

And as for the gardening, you can also just try to grow tomatoes in large pots outdoors. They do quite well, but you have to add some supports.  As @PennyWise  said, beans are super easy and so is lettuce.  Just throw those seeds.  I have even seen one neighbour plant her veges in front with her flowers, but I never asked how the bugs or flowers like it.
Oh, the Dewey story is real, that's what makes it good! They have video of him riding the book carts.

Thanks for the veggie recommendations. I'm in southern California. I know tomatoes do well here, are the green beans and lettuce also OK in this climate?

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6" slug, that is larger than many birds, you do have some monsters there :-O

Everything we have are tiny.

We have those what we call moose flies, they get into hair and sometimes they bite, they are everywhere at autumn, well if there is a forest nearby that is.

Some say that even sauna is not enough to get rid of them, but I have found out that having 1 hour above 100 celcius is for certainly getting them not moving state without them recovering.

Of course after 1 hour at such temp I do feel bit of melted.