The nerve of some people!!!!!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've got about 10 inches of snow and it's still coming down. Just now we were sitting at the table eating oatmeal and looking out the back bay window at our pretty snow-covered yard, when what to my wondering eyes did appear but our neighbor from across the street, in our yard! What could he be doing? Oh, he's carrying his dog! What's he doing? He's kicking up snow? He's putting his dog down and letting his dog poop and pee in our yard????? WHAT THE?????????

I just can't wrap my mind around what just happened. He has two of his own yards, front and back. Why did he need to CARRY the dog into OUR YARD to poop and pee??????? I'm about to lose my mind. I couldn't get dressed fast enough to catch him but I still walked out there and kicked the dog turds back across the street. I resisted the urge to give a middle finger to the windows just in case he was watching. I am APOPLECTIC, though. I have half a mind to go get a cat turd out of the litterbox and march over and put it on his front porch. I probably would if he weren't a POLICE OFFICER!!!!!!!! Yes, an esteemed member of the police force carried his dog to someone else's yard to take a crap!!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm annoyed and venting, but this is just ridiculous. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, Anna. my neighbor did that to us. Once. I was in the kitchen and happened to see her. Went out and scooped the turds up in a plastic bag. Took the bag over and rang the doorbell. When she opened the door, I handed her the bag and said, "I believe this belongs to your dog." And walked away. Didn't get nasty. Didn't get snotty. Just "I believe this belongs to your dog." She never did it again (that we know of).

I wouldn't have kicked the turds over to his yard. I would have put them in a bag and carried them over to him. And had he not answered the door, I would have simply placed the bag on his porch. Or his stoop, whatever the case may be.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We once had a neighbor that led his dog over to our yard to go, which the dog often did on our sidewalk, our porch, NOTHING was not left without one of his 'gifts'. After stepping in it several times 
I took a scoop shovel, raked up what I could in it, and flung it on his front steps, let HIM deal with it!!!! He never came our way again, which didn't break my heart! Winchester is much nicer then I am, she had a much better way to handle it, which I'll try and remember!

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

When she opened the door, I handed her the bag and said, "I believe this belongs to your dog." And walked away. Didn't get nasty. Didn't get snotty. Just "I believe this belongs to your dog." She never did it again (that we know of).
Another similar method a friend used was to place the bag on the windshield of their car with a note, "I think you left this behind. Won't want you to forget what's yours. :)"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. Just wow!  I would definitely get video/pics if you catch him again!  But I would also probably do something like Winchester did.  After calming down.  It's ok to confront people.  Especially in a calm but no-nonsense manner.  I wouldn't do it alone though.  

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's just nuts!

Most people in my neighborhood are very good about picking up after their pups.  However, since we're a corner lot, and have the fire hydrant at this corner it's utilized more than the average property.  The last big snow, someone let their dog poop on the sidewalk in front of my house.  Of course, it froze and it is still there. We keep having to step over it when we leave in the morning.   If I'd seen who did it, I would have reamed them out.  My BF has to snowblow the sidewalk!  What if he got that in the chute and it flung up onto him???

As it is, whenever I see anyone getting to our sidewalk, I keep a close eye out.  Well, maybe even a slightly cross eye 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what's his issue? Power trip much? Yea, I would keep a camera around, too. If he's capable of this he's capable of harassing you in other (professional) ways.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That really makes no sense at all.  He expended more energy doing what he did then taking a bag and scooper out with the dog and picking it up.  I live in an apartment complex so of course there are people that don't pick up after their dogs.  I caught someone doing that and gave them a dirty look.  Instead of doing the right thing I have seen him taking his dog to a different part of the complex.

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That really makes no sense at all.  He expended more energy doing what he did then taking a bag and scooper out with the dog and picking it up.  I live in an apartment complex so of course there are people that don't pick up after their dogs.  I caught someone doing that and gave them a dirty look.  Instead of doing the right thing I have seen him taking his dog to a different part of the complex.
It's ridiculous the amount of effort people will put into doing the wrong thing!!
Seriously, you have a dog you're going to have to clean up after it. What happens when these guys have kids? Think they don't make a mess?!!

We had a lady down the street who would walk her dog, scoop the poop into a bag, take the dog home, then walk up the road to put the bag on our dumpster. I saw her a few times from the window and was fuming. OK, you want to use the dumpster, fine, no big deal. But you seriously can't lift the lid up a few inches and put the bag inside?!!! I confess I entertained the thought of following her and throwing her bags on her car/porch etc. :argh:

In this case I like Natalie_ca's suggestion, particularly as they're a cop who should know better.
If you can confront him calmly like Winchester said, that would be good. Least let him know you know he's doing this and it's not OK.